• ...and so much more!
  • TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Glock 43,
    Very nice small compact, not to little, not to big.
    9mm. seven rds.
    I have shot my 43 800 flawless rounds .
    Some say a G43 shoots like a target pistol at close range. My friend Jim R. shot 25 rds with his G43 at 30ft all into a 3 inch circle.
    Perfect ccw...no. I carry an extra mag.
    Hint, don't go to places where you know the bad guys are there.
    What do you fellow shooters think?
    JT

I've given some thought to a 43 again.

And let me tell you that there are bad guys EVERYWHERE! Only the percentages of bad guys change from place to place .

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    I like mine a lot. Most of the guns I have fill a carry need. It's on my person at my shop while I work. The low round count isn't a problem because I'm not far from a long gun. I can work all day carrying with no issues.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I feel the shield does the same thing at a better price point. Plus the shield has metal sights and holds one more round in each mag.

I'll give you the better price point. But, I don't care about the metal sights, because I would switch them out anyway. The extra round, meh, I can reload a handgun.
    Agreed, on sights, and I can just use a plus 2 mag as the extra mag.

So what does it do better than the Shield to outweigh the Shield's advantages?

As lovemachine said, familiarity with Glock trigger, etc. I tried an M&P 9c. Great gun, but even with a RAM installed, I could not get the trigger reset I wanted, and that I was so familiar with. If I am making a recommendation to someone who has never shot a Glock, I'd say M&P 9c or Shield. However, for someone who is trained/accustomed to Glock trigger and uses it well, I'd say pick up a 43.

I've been very pleased with mine. I waited every bit of 15 years for Glock to make the 43 and I haven't been disappointed by any aspect of it.

Agreed, that's where I am with it as well.

Inhuntr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Clinton
    I'm very pleased with mine. Pearce +1, XS big dots, and grip tape. It has a noticeable weight difference between it and my xds. I enjoy carrying my 43 the most.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Love mine. Put XS standard night sights and Talon rubber grips on it. Also Taran tactical +1 on both mags.
    With an extra mag I've got 15 rounds on me.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I've given some thought to a 43 again.

And let me tell you that there are bad guys EVERYWHERE! Only the percentages of bad guys change from place to place .

Percentages and audacity.

As for me. I carry my 43 almost daily. It conceals well. It shoots well. It's light. Only thing I'm not happy with is the fact that I trade out round count from my 19, but that's to be expected. I'm thinking next year I'll add another for my girlfriend if she decides she likes it. I need to just get her to put some rounds through it.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Glock 43 number two just came home with me this weekend. My wife and I hit the range on Friday and as a last minute thing, I offered for her to shoot my 43 for the last 5 rounds that we had. She reluctantly said "ok, give it here". Figuring she would shoot two rounds and hand it back to me, I was ecstatic to watch her dump all 5 in the 10-ring with three of them all touching. She turned and looked at me with an incredulous look and said "yeah, I didn't give this a fair shot at all. I think you will need to be getting another one of these!"

Heading out today to go run the new one in. The 43's are one of my favorite carry guns. Can be put in a pocket or is just as "at home" on a belt. I don't care how late to the game Glock was, or how the Shield mags hold more rounds. Glock hit a home run with this one in my opinion. I have a Shield and don't really know why I keep it as it never leaves the safe. I shoot the 43 better and like carrying better as well.

c604

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgantown
    I have transitioned to my 43 as my daily carry as well. Talo model no other mods. Just point, shoot, hit target. Nothing else needed. Will be with me while bow hunting as well. I can still reload it quicker than a j-frame also.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    My wife had the chance to handle one a while back and thats all she has talked about. Needles to say she has a talo g43 now. She didnt like shooting her lcp but who does. Now i need one.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I love my 43, but, it has been relegated to the role of BUG, or wife gun. Too much crazy to carry anything less than my 19 anymore!

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    +1 Vigilant.
    Only thing better is a Glock 19.
    Personally, I'm done with little low capacity "pocket" guns.
    I carry my 19 in a Milt Sparks VM2 and love love love it!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Meh. This weekend I stopped carrying my guns. Too heavy anymore. I have gotten into the habit of carrying my iPhone AIWB. I've been going to the range to practice typing 911.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Meh. This weekend I stopped carrying my guns. Too heavy anymore. I have gotten into the habit of carrying my iPhone AIWB. I've been going to the range to practice typing 911.
    Appendix carry of an iPhone is dangerous, you'll irradiate your nuts off! I'll bet you have a tacticool beard too?

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I really like the 43, and plan to get one as soon as my 2 Kahr CM9s wear out. That might be a while. I carry 2 spare mags. One 8 rounder and one 6 rounder. Sneaky Pete has some really cool little leather mag holders for pocket carry.

Top Bottom