• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    I am OVERTHEHILLGUY, THE MAN WHO POSTED THIS THREAD.

I recently sent my Glock 43 back to Glock in Ga. to have Glock night sights installed.
    The pistol was returned to me within two weeks, great turn around time. They installed twelve new parts including two new mags, and the new upgrade connector. I now have a like new pistol. Talk about great customer service!
    Before I sent the pistol to Glock the average trigger pull was about nine pounds. It was a early one. Now about 5 pounds and a nice crisp break. Just the pull weight I want for a ccw pistol.
    As I said before, "GLOCK 43, DOES IT BETTER ANY GET BETTER?" Maybe? what do you say?

Last edited:

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    OVERTHEHILLGUY here again, shot my G43 at 30ft at MCFG today. Shot 50 rds of WM Federal alum. 115 grain all into the ocular cavity of a human head paper target.
    About 1.000 flawless rounds TOTAL fired.
    JT

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I really should try one of these out. I almost bought one a few weeks ago, I went with the PPS M2 instead. The ergos felt way better with the PPS than the G43. Eventually I'll run into someone at the range who has one.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    They really effed up the mags. The 6 round mag should have been 7. The Taran +1 base plate barely adds any length. Once you get an aftermarket baseplate, it's the same as any other single stack out there.

My only problem is the price. I love my g43, but I don't get why it's $100 more than a m&p shield.

I thought the glock 43 was a letdown due to how big it is for only being a 6+1. Wish it was smaller.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Then buy a Glock 19...?

I have 4 of them now, don't need another one. Truthfully, other than a 42 & maybe a 43 I'm probably done buying Glocks. We have a good assortment of them in the house already. SWMBO doesn't really care for them any more. The grip angle bothers her wrist. She likes our M&Ps better. A Walther PPQ M2 may be on the list if she likes it. She likes the feel of the PPS M2 so far but hasn't been out to shoot it yet.

The width of the G43 is nice and to have it in a G19 size would make for a very good all day carry gun. Large enough to manipulate easy yet thin & light enough to be comfortable, all in a familiar platform.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I really like my G43, but I like the G42 even better, in terms of being fun to shoot. These two are my most common carry guns. With Underwood Extreme Penetrators or Extreme Defenders, they are little powerhouses.

Yoder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Owen County
    I been carrying my 43 more often since we had a warm summer but now that it is cooling off and I'm doing more than a tshirt it is back to my 19. I shoot the 19 a lot better.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I've haven't encountered a circumstance where I can't conceal my 26. So in saying that I can't convince myself to buy a 43

Anyone want to try and convince me otherwise?

Considering this was part of your race to the classifieds, you'll most likely not return to this thread so I doubt anyone here will bother to try. It's not worth the trouble for someone who doesn't really care about the responses. :rolleyes:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I had one in the shop for two hours Friday...$435 with two aluminum mag extensions and a funny looking pirate on the little plate on the back...The first guy that looked at it said, "Can you do a partial trade?" and she was out the door....

The first one I ever had in the shop....

I don't get it but some do...

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Picked up the G43 Talo about 2 months ago. I didn't think I would like it as much as I do. It's been with me daily since the purchase. I have around 50 rounds down range and was pleased with it's accuracy and surprisingly low recoil. I also purchased a Techna pocket clip for it and have carried it this way for the past month. At times, I forget its even on me and often check to make sure I didn't lose it. I plan on purchasing the Vickers +2 in the future to up the capacity. Since this purchase, my G26 gen 4 has been taking a break. Definitely would recommend this handgun for anybody wanting a small 9.

Top Bottom