• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    All the Glocks I come across have the rear sight pushed all the way to the right sight for accuracy.

Seriously?

Did they all belong to the same shooter?

Drifting the sights is only a bandaid solution for someone who can't properly execute the fundamentals of shooting.

RealTree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have put 1000 rounds through a 17 with not FTF's

Sure enough, my wife picks it up to shoot some targets and the thing FTF'ed ... same thing happened to one of my friend's 13 year old son...

Sounds like a loose/weak grip...could be the smaller gun too.

Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    My lady friend had an FTF, but I know for certain it was a limp wrist. Other than that we have put about 500 rounds through it so far and no problems...Tomorrow will be another test day. :shoot:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    When I first got my Glock 19, I couldn't hit **** either. I blamed it on the gun. It HAD to be the gun.

But then I got smart. I took a training class. And practiced. Now I CAN hit ****!

You should take a training class!

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Dang. My skills are getting hated on! :D In all honesty, however, I now think there must have been something off with his gun. I'm no Hathcock, but I'm a pretty good shot with pistols, and I have shot many, and never had a problem with limp wristing before...

Also, another friend of mine tried that particular G19, and was no better than I was, and this friend has LOTS of experience. (I would list his credentials, but this is the interwebz, and if I did that, you all would suddenly not believe anything I type! :D )

Good stuff to think about. I'll have to shoot some other Glocks before I really settle my opinion.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I'll have to shoot some other Glocks before I really settle my opinion.

Thats what I would do. I have no problem with glocks as far as grip angle, but they were the first handgun I ever shot, so from then on all the other grip angles were weird to me. I'd say give it another shot (pun intended) and if you still don't like em, hey, it happens. Not everyone can like Glocks, if they did there would be no market for all the other guns and we would all be sad with only glocks in out safes.

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    When I first started, I pulled the trigger. But what everyone says is correct. If you pull the trigger, it will pull the gun down and to one side depending on which is your dominate hand. If you squeeze the trigger, it will be much more accurate.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    It's not the gun that is inaccurate, it is the shooter.

I have a Glock 17 and a Glock 19. I've also owned an M&P 9 and M&P 9c. I can shoot either just as accurately, but I have to concentrate more to get the same accuracy out of the Glock as I do the M&P. Why? My theory is, that the trigger reach is longer on the Glock than it is on the M&P's, or perhaps the angle of my trigger finger to the trigger. At any rate, I can barely get the pad of my trigger finger on the Glock trigger, causing me to shoot a bit low and left if I don't focus on proper trigger squeeze.

With the M&P, I can get the trigger into the first knuckle joint of my trigger finger. I don't shoot this way, but I just say this as a measurement of how much more finger I can get on the trigger. This makes it much easier for me to get the entire pad of my finger on the trigger and press straight back without much effort, even in rapid fire. I experience none of the "low, left" shooting with the M&P that I do with the Glock. My groups are just as tight with either pistol, but I center them more easily with the M&P, due to trigger reach or grip angle + my particular hand.

So the M&P is possibly easier for me to shoot accurately, but it is not mechanically any more accurate than the Glock.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Dang. My skills are getting hated on! :D In all honesty, however, I now think there must have been something off with his gun. I'm no Hathcock, but I'm a pretty good shot with pistols, and I have shot many, and never had a problem with limp wristing before...

Also, another friend of mine tried that particular G19, and was no better than I was, and this friend has LOTS of experience. (I would list his credentials, but this is the interwebz, and if I did that, you all would suddenly not believe anything I type! :D )

Good stuff to think about. I'll have to shoot some other Glocks before I really settle my opinion.

If you can't shoot the GLOCK too good, don't fret, just get a 1911:D

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    1st guy says he can hit a 4" plate at 25 most times.

2nd guy says he can shoot dimes.

3rd guy says he can shoot quarter sized groups at 25 yards.

If this thread keeps going, the internet marksmanship is going to progress to the point that someone will say he plinks at the moon with his glock 36.

I used to get MOA at 100yds with my old glock 20. True story.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    3659E1B435.jpg

:D

If we're going to make it THOSE dimes, it has to be a hundred yard shot. ;)

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just read through this whole thread and I'm wondering why nobody has asked this yet....maybe I'm an idiot and missed it, but:

Was this is a Gen3 for Gen4 glock 19?

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    Keep your wrist tight!!!

Give it some time and hold your wrist steady. I think that the xd's have a better trigger but it a new pistol for you and sounds like you just have to get used to it.

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I've been hearing a lot about stovepiping from the Gen 4 G19 and G17. The story I've gotten is a problem with the recoil springs being too stiff. I don't know for sure. A friend of mine bought a 4th gen G19 in Lafayette and we eventually stopped counting the number of stovepipes on the first day. My gen3 19 works perfectly, not a single FTF. Plus its dead on accurate. If you get a 4th gen, maybe consider an aftermarket recoil spring? :twocents:

thekuhnburger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    West Lafayette
    I've been hearing a lot about stovepiping from the Gen 4 G19 and G17. The story I've gotten is a problem with the recoil springs being too stiff. I don't know for sure. A friend of mine bought a 4th gen G19 in Lafayette and we eventually stopped counting the number of stovepipes on the first day. My gen3 19 works perfectly, not a single FTF. Plus its dead on accurate. If you get a 4th gen, maybe consider an aftermarket recoil spring? :twocents:

Glock has started putting different springs in them and will replace your spring for free if you call them.

Top Bottom