• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    People pay crazy prices for a $250 gun for only one reason. POLICE CARRY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do LEO's carry them? The city budget buys the cheapest they can find. When the sheep see this they just HAVE to have a 'real LEO gun'. Not the best gun, just one LEO's are FORCED to carry.

Those old enough will remember the same frenzy with the Beretta's a few years ago. Wait a few years till LEO's replace them with something cheaper and pick them up at J&G or Classic Arms for $199.

I have 3 family members with the Police. All are FORCED to carry Glocks on the job. ALL carry SIG's off the job.

I will agree a little with the public wanting to carry what police do. Same people wanting to carry what the military carries as well. I'm sure after the announcement that some of our special forces were switching to the Glock 19 "officially" sales increased everywhere. Then again I have had more people ask me what ammo I'm carrying/issued over the years because they wanted to carry the same.

And yes I'm old enough to remember the Beretta frenzy !!!!!!!

Last edited:

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Speaking of making one myself. Been fooling around on solidworks. Probably go back in and some “designs” on the slide. Maybe cross hatching for the back instead of the vertical cuts.

6C9BE8A3-D74E-451C-9EF3-234EFC8AC6E3.jpg

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    You sure about that hero?

I don't know about "hero" but I will match DD214's with you any time sport. And YES I am sure about it. READ AND LEARN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. a DD214 is your military discharge papers that list accomplishments, time in grade and awards.:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    I totally agree with the OP. I've had Glocks, and they are WAY over rated. Plus they are ugly as sin.

Now wait a minute. Plastic and tin are not cheap. Maybe that's why if you Google 'Glock kaboom' you will get over ONE HALF MILLION RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I don't know about "hero" but I will match DD214's with you any time sport. And YES I am sure about it. READ AND LEARN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. a DD214 is your military discharge papers that list accomplishments, time in grade and awards.:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

I am a Kentucky Colonel and was also in Boy Scouts....But thank you for your service...

If you stop by the shop I'll show you my merit badges....:)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

You're not the only one with a DD214 Hero.

Now, please go on and tell me all about your expertise in the selection process of pistols for police departments because I'm sure you're full of it. How about LIVE AND LEARN, one of us can speak from a position of knowledge and experience on the matter, the other just runs his mouth.

I'll wait here for you to enlighten the class.

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Now, please go on and tell me all about your expertise in the selection process of pistols for police departments because I'm sure you're full of ****. How about LIVE AND LEARN, one of us can speak from a position of knowledge and experience on the matter, the other just runs his mouth.

And thank you for your service as well Phylo...And for putting me on Weller's...:)

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county

Is this Pinchaser's shill account? Read my sig. ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana

Now, please go on and tell me all about your expertise in the selection process of pistols for police departments because I'm sure you're full of it. How about LIVE AND LEARN, one of us can speak from a position of knowledge and experience on the matter, the other just runs his mouth.

I know several that have served, some in some very interesting places. Not one of them brags about their DD214.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I know several that have served, some in some very interesting places. Not one of them brags about their DD214.

Two years ago I was in a unit with this Spec4 and that kid was always talking about his firefights. I got really suspicious, so I started asking around. Turns out he was 100% legit and had the Purple Hearts (yes plural) to prove it.

But for every one of those guys, there's at least 30 posers.

Top Bottom