• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I've had the pleasure of shooting quite a few different handguns, from cheap to expensive, and I've never heard of a single one that was consistently perfect or consistently junk. I like Glocks because the aftermarket is huge and magazines are inexpensive. Fanboys can argue all they want, but whatever you like is ok! We're all just here for the love of the hobby, right?

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Holding a glock is a priviledge. You should feel honored to be holding such a magnificent piece of Austrian engineering.

I have owned and shot the rainbow. I have more rounds down range from glocks than double anything else. I've owned dozens of them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve become a big fan of Glocks but I have no illusions to their ‘perfection’. I had an RIA Compact 1911 that was more reliable out of the box than a brand new G19.3. Even when the G19 started running, it would put brass back towards my face more often than not.

Every gun needs to be run before it gets carried. Make any carry gun earn your trust through use. Put 500 rounds downrange in a gun and not only will it earn your confidence, but you will learn how the gun shoots in relation to POA and gain a true feel for it.

And for God’s sake, never ever suggest that a gun can be carried right out of the box. Someone new to guns might just take you seriously and do just that.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Holding a glock is a priviledge. You should feel honored to be holding such a magnificent piece of Austrian engineering.

I have owned and shot the rainbow. I have more rounds down range from glocks than double anything else. I've owned dozens of them.

They have become my go-to for EDC despite my owning other guns that are better my many other measures. My Gen 3 G23 is one of my highest round count guns, yet has never failed in well over 3k rounds put through it. Lately, I’ve been shooting a Gen 4 G23 with a 9mm conversion barrel and amazingly, that one does not throw brass at my face like my G19s did. It’s north of 1K rounds with the conversion barrel and is solid enough that I would not hesitate to carry that one too.

Simple, yet well executed! That should have been Glocks tag line. That’s why I love the ugly things. :)

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Re. Glock and innovation...
    Here's the deal...Glock has provided the world with the most combat-tested, combat-proven firearm ever invented, selling hundreds of millions of them. They are easy to use. Easy to maintain. Easy to shoot. A trained monkey can field strip them. An average IQ human can detail strip them. There are tens of thousands of after-market parts and gizmos for them. You can customize them to your heart's content.

Most Combat proven Handgun ever invented??? Thats the funniest thing I've heard for years.
    Last I looked only about 7 or 8 standing Armys carried it for the troops at large. And guess what, other than a few spec op units, the largest military in the world do not carry them. Ever ask yourself why they don't? Because it doesn't have a manual safety for starters. That in its self breaks, say 5 or 6 rules.
    Funny one would believe if it was such an innovated handgun that was the best of the best it would be in the top two most copied handguns in the world, but alias its not.
    The Glock has Not Been to Hell and Back.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I've been shooting handguns for a long time, not as long as some here but longer than most probably. I don't put as many rounds downrange weekly as some here, but I know I shoot more than the average guy. I have been shooting Glocks since the early 90's, owned a small truck load of them, and still have 7.
    That said, I have also owned and or shot pistols and revolvers from all the major manufacturers and alot of the smaller ones. There are alot of nicer, better quality, more accurate pistols out there than Glock. They are not the end all, be all that the OP describes them to be. In my experience, people who promote a gun as the OP is doing have little experience with other manufacturer's guns. It was likely the first real pistol he ever bought, and it was probably recommended to him by another shooter he trusted. That's how most of us get started shooting guns anyway, by shooting other people's stuff and basing our choice on that first favorable experience.
    I choose to carry Glocks because they work and I trust them. I don't have to spend alot of money to buy one. I have never gotten a lemon in all the ones I have owned, new and used. I have had some malfs over the years, but not a single one that I can honestly say for sure was the weapon's fault and not my choice of ammo, my grip, or how dirty or in need of lube it is. I will always recommend someone try a Glock, but will also tell them to try as many different guns as they can. For alot of people, they may only buy one pistol in their life, so it needs to be one that they like and want to shoot.
    I do wish Glock would come out with some new, original stuff instead of tweaking the same design over and over. The latest Gen 5 G17 MOS-FS is just about my Idea of the perfect Glock and it only took Glock 30 years to do it.
    An OEM Glock 17/19 sized .22lr for training would be awesome, and a Glock 40 length .22 for hunting would be even better. It would take a major departure from their current design to make it work right, but we all want some new, original stuff from them.
    Rant is over and I will now step down off the soap box.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I like my Glock, but not because it’s “perfection”. Face it, if it was truly “perfection” their price tags would be much higher. As said above, they’re cheap and fairly reliable for the costs. I can shoot it all I want, wear it daily and not worry about the wear and tear. It’s cheap to replace if I decide to down the road. It goes bang if I need it to. It’s good for EDC because if, heaven forbid, I do need to use it I’m not out $1,000 when it’s confiscated. I don’t have to worry about cleaning it and getting the edges worn from the holster. If I’m on the ground working on a car I don’t care if the slide gets a little scratch. It’s my edc because of that reason, not because it’s better than anything else. As was said, carry what you trust and what you’re comfortable with. I don’t wanna carry my nice guns around and worry about them getting scratched. I’ll carry my cheap Glock and not worry about it and know if I need it, it will do it’s job.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I find it humorous that so many Glock Fanboys have owned from dozens to truckloads of them.. One would think that after one or three of them they would be kept because they supposedly are such great handguns.

I still have and daily carry my first 226 that was bought in the late 70's.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Shooting a Glock is like masturbating with your weak hand. Sure it goes off but it just feels wrong.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Give me most any gun and I can kill a bad guy with it. My mid is my most valuable weapon. If the gun fails I'll use my bare hands but he will still die just the same or I will try while I still have breath because surrender is not a word we use. GLOCK is what i would prefer to use. For me in my experiences it gives me the best odds to win and it is less mess on me, but I will win regardless.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Give me most any gun and I can kill a bad guy with it. My mid is my most valuable weapon. If the gun fails I'll use my bare hands but he will still die just the same or I will try while I still have breath because surrender is not a word we use. GLOCK is what i would prefer to use. For me in my experiences it gives me the best odds to win and it is less mess on me, but I will win regardless.
    Conviction wins fights! You've gotta be all in. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom