Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    :):

You guys are funny. It was a joke.

I like Glocks a lot. Most of them just don't fit me right. I really wish the G19 would. I bought a couple of "brother from another mother" Steyr pistols, so I've got my Austrian fix.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I find it humorous that so many Glock Fanboys have owned from dozens to truckloads of them.. One would think that after one or three of them they would be kept because they supposedly are such great handguns.

I still have and daily carry my first 226 that was bought in the late 70's.

No need to throw rocks at guys who choose to buy a $500 Glock instead of a $1000 Sig. Most guys can't afford a $1000 Sig until later in life.
    If you don't like Glocks, fine. Carry and shoot your 40 year old Sig to your heart's content. Did you buy it new or was it a European Police surplus pistol? I imagine you can hit what you are aiming at with it as long as you've had it and I bet you have put more than a few thousand rounds through it over the last 40 years.
    I could never get used to the DA/SA triggers on the SIG's, S&W 3rd Gen's, Beretta's, Taurus's and Ruger P-series I have had over the years. I even several DAO pistols for awhile.
    I was a young boy when you bought your 226 then as I started in pistols in the early 90's after I got out of the Navy. At that time I did not have the money to buy more than a couple guns at a time. I usually had to sell one to get one. When something new came out that I liked, I had to sell something to buy it. Then later I would sell it to buy the latest pistol out there. Because of this, I was never as closed minded as a fanboy as I can find something I like about in just about every gun I have shot.
    I have owned a Sig P6, P220, P229, 3 different sizes of the P250, a P290RS and my current HD AR15 is a Sig M400. Sigs are great guns. I sold the pistols off when I sold off almost every non Glock pistol I had because I never shot them as well as I shoot my Glocks, so I never carried them. I don't have any use for safe queens, so I don't have a very wide variety of pistols anymore. My Glocks are tools meant for use. I reserve my revolvers for my range toys.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I don’t care what someone else chooses to carry. I’ve never understood the whole glock grip complaint though, what am I missing?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don’t care what someone else chooses to carry. I’ve never understood the whole glock grip complaint though, what am I missing?

It is an odd angle compared to many others. My 1911's point up naturally. Or I just have a crap load of time behind them. A G**** is nose up for me. I have to work to get the muzzle on point. The gun just feels wrong to me.

OK I get it now. I just saw your Avatar...:):

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    It is an odd angle compared to many others. My 1911's point up naturally. Or I just have a crap load of time behind them. A G**** is nose up for me. I have to work to get the muzzle on point. The gun just feels wrong to me.

OK I get it now. I just saw your Avatar...:):

My sights are right on when I press out. I’ve sold other pistols for being nose up though :dunno: I guess it’s just muscle memory, have always had to shoot a glock for work so learned behavior I suppose.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    It took me awhile to get used to the grip angle as well. I shot S&W 3rd Gens and various other autos before buying a Glock. To me it felt like a revolver in the way it pointed as I had to push the barrel down to get it on target, like a revolver. Just about every auto points more naturally than a Glock unless you are used to shooting revolvers.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I consider Glock to be the Toyota Camry or Honda Accord of firearms. They aren’t very exciting, but they do the job reliably. I’ve put a lot of rounds through a few different Glocks and have zero issues. I do understand that some folks want a Mustang GT instead though.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My sights are right on when I press out. I’ve sold other pistols for being nose up though :dunno: I guess it’s just muscle memory, have always had to shoot a glock for work so learned behavior I suppose.

They just seem to work for some better than others. I have to work twice as hard and consciously think of it to get anywhere close to acceptable accuracy from one. I’ve come to joke I would do better if I filled with one concrete and chucked it instead, but that’s a personal issue more than a platform issue.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    And Glock is on what, 5th generation? Still don't like them. My 1911s work just fine and are a whole lot closer to perfection.

People were customizing 1911's for well over a half century before the Glock was introduced. If they did not see the need to improve it, then we would still have those teeny tiny sights and a lanyard loop.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I don't like Glocks and I carry a G19.
    They do have a dependable appeal though.
    They're not as ugly as a Hi-Point or Walther PPQ45M2 though. Very similar in looks to a Checker Cab.
    I am one of those that believes that Sponge Bob developed the Glock trigger assembly in his own image. I believe it's been debated and proven on INGO more than once.
    They go bang usually and most likely about Generation 26 they'll become as popular as a 1911. They're on what... Gen 5 now. Yea, 26 sounds about right.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    No need to throw rocks at guys who choose to buy a $500 Glock instead of a $1000 Sig. Most guys can't afford a $1000 Sig until later in life.
    If you don't like Glocks, fine. Carry and shoot your 40 year old Sig to your heart's content. Did you buy it new or was it a European Police surplus pistol? I imagine you can hit what you are aiming at with it as long as you've had it and I bet you have put more than a few thousand rounds through it over the last 40 years.
    I could never get used to the DA/SA triggers on the SIG's, S&W 3rd Gen's, Beretta's, Taurus's and Ruger P-series I have had over the years. I even several DAO pistols for awhile.
    I was a young boy when you bought your 226 then as I started in pistols in the early 90's after I got out of the Navy. At that time I did not have the money to buy more than a couple guns at a time. I usually had to sell one to get one. When something new came out that I liked, I had to sell something to buy it. Then later I would sell it to buy the latest pistol out there. Because of this, I was never as closed minded as a fanboy as I can find something I like about in just about every gun I have shot.
    I have owned a Sig P6, P220, P229, 3 different sizes of the P250, a P290RS and my current HD AR15 is a Sig M400. Sigs are great guns. I sold the pistols off when I sold off almost every non Glock pistol I had because I never shot them as well as I shoot my Glocks, so I never carried them. I don't have any use for safe queens, so I don't have a very wide variety of pistols anymore. My Glocks are tools meant for use. I reserve my revolvers for my range toys.

Lighten up a little, This is a fun thread. 226's were not a thousand dollars back then... All of my Sigs except one 220 were new in the box when I acquired them.
    I have shot tens of thousands of rounds through my carry 226.
    Full disclosure, I own three Glocks, a 19C and two 23C's.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    So, let's summarize this-they're dependable, disposable and soulless. Just about cover it?

Top Bottom