• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don’t care what someone else chooses to carry. I’ve never understood the whole glock grip complaint though, what am I missing?

If your hand is deformed to the point that a Glock pistol actually feels natural to you, congratulations. They are reliable and you are a lucky guy. :):

But there is a reason that there is a strong aftermarket providing grip reshaping and resurfacing to...uh..."perfection." Maybe not so much after the Gen 5 release, as they removed those finger grooves that generally only fit those with the aformentioned congenital deformity. But heck, the Glock grip sucks so bad that there were actually companies that made entirely new grip frames for them.

Glocks are like the Kardashians of the handgun world now. Mostly famous just for being famous, but there are a lot better options out there.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    the only thing I have on my Glock wish list is consistent ejection pattern :)

I like them and wouldn't hesitate to carry one, though I've sold off the 5 that I've owned in the past.
    Interestingly enough, the G23 ended up being my favorite and one of the best handling guns, along with the G34, of course.
    I never look down on Glock owners, as long as they (or any "brand X" owner) realize that it's a tool/device/machine and not a magic "fix your problem now" button

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I know I got here late, but since there's a lot of really final-sounding boasts being made in an effort to make positions seem unassailable; So what? You can yap all you want about cauliflower being a substitute for anything but you can't make me eat it or believe it.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It is an odd angle compared to many others.
    -snip-
    A G**** is nose up for me. I have to work to get the muzzle on point.
    The gun just feels wrong to me.
    -snip-

I agree.
    Glocks don't point naturally for me either.
    That's why I'm not passionate about them.

Their main appeal to me is their lower cost, they're utilitarian, and the low cost availability of a pistol in calibers like the .357 Sig and 10mm.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I know I got here late, but since there's a lot of really final-sounding boasts being made in an effort to make positions seem unassailable; So what? You can yap all you want about cauliflower being a substitute for anything but you can't make me eat it or believe it.

Mmmm cauliflower crust pizza.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    If the Glock grip angle is so wrong what the hell was Ruger thinking when they designed the Mark series? How about the Luger?

It’s still a somewhat free country. Carry what you like if you feel it’s reliable enough and accurate enough for you. Train with it, learn it inside and out until you hit your target instinctively and carry it safely with a holster that works.

And for crying out loud don’t think what works for you should work for the next person (let alone everyone else).

JFC

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I wrote this up for a buddy who was caught up in typical gun forum debates over Glock and how Glock does not "innovate" and ... well, you know how it goes. FWIW...

Re. Glock and innovation...
    Here's the deal...Glock has provided the world with the most combat-tested, combat-proven firearm ever invented, selling hundreds of millions of them. They are easy to use. Easy to maintain. Easy to shoot. A trained monkey can field strip them. An average IQ human can detail strip them. There are tens of thousands of after-market parts and gizmos for them. You can customize them to your heart's content.

But on the other hand, they perform reliably and consistently right out of the box, even with their stock crappy sights. They get the job done. They are intended to be and always have been combat-accurate handguns useful for CQB situations of every description. They are legendarily resistant to abusive environmental conditions and abusive human operators.
    Glock does not need to "innovate" ... they just need to keep their quality control strong and keep churning out these marvelous polymer-framed wonder guns.

The Glock inspires endless online debates among mostly keyboard warriors who have never gone in harms way, never experienced the terror and thrill of the two-way range and have never heard, let alone fired, a single bullet fired in anger in their lives, and hopefully never will. Let these types debate, whine, cry and otherwise *****/moan/debate about Glock not "innovating" all they want. The rest of us will just smile and nod and say, "That's nice, honey."
    Glocks work. Period. End of story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1VD1D1hLsQ

I wrote this up for a buddy who was caught up in typical gun forum debates over Glock and how Glock does not "innovate" and ... well, you know how it goes. FWIW...

Here's the deal...Glock has provided the world with the most combat-tested, combat-proven firearm ever invented, selling hundreds of millions of them. They are easy to use. Easy to maintain. Easy to shoot. A trained monkey can field strip them. An average IQ human can detail strip them. There are tens of thousands of after-market parts and gizmos for them. You can customize them to your heart's content.

But on the other hand, they perform reliably and consistently right out of the box, even with their stock crappy sights. They get the job done. They are intended to be and always have been combat-accurate handguns useful for CQB situations of every description. They are legendarily resistant to abusive environmental conditions and abusive human operators.
    Glock does not need to "innovate" ... they just need to keep their quality control strong and keep churning out these marvelous polymer-framed wonder guns.

The Glock inspires endless online debates among mostly keyboard warriors who have never gone in harms way, never experienced the terror and thrill of the two-way range and have never heard, let alone fired, a single bullet fired in anger in their lives, and hopefully never will. Let these types debate, whine, cry and otherwise *****/moan/debate about Glock not "innovating" all they want. The rest of us will just smile and nod and say, "That's nice, honey."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1VD1D1hLsQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1VD1D1hLsQ

That's nice, honey.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have shot a few Glocks but never owned one. I would trust pretty much any of them to go bang dang near every time the trigger is pulled. But, there are plenty of other guns I shoot as well or better.
    I am of the mindset it has to feel right in my hand, and I have to be able to shoot it well. To be honest I just can't bring myself to buy one because they are so dang ugly. They have no style & no soul.

As for Glock being perfection or innovative well I recall IMPD having to send all their new 17M's back due to the "innovative" spring they used allowing the slide to fall off the frame. Perfection, I think not

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    If Glock fans would be more reasonable about their chosen guns then I wouldn’t have any problems with Glocks. It’s like every Glock fanboy has a Napoleon Complex and feel the need to prove how big they are.

It’s a cheap, reliable, and accurate gun. It isn’t perfect. FWIW, I’ve seen Glocks malfunction at a similar rate as any other brand/platform at USPSA matches. It’s a mechanical tool. They are susceptible to failure like anything else. I’d still trust one (and do from time to time) to save my life.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    If the Glock grip angle is so wrong what the hell was Ruger thinking when they designed the Mark series? How about the Luger?

It’s still a somewhat free country. Carry what you like if you feel it’s reliable enough and accurate enough for you. Train with it, learn it inside and out until you hit your target instinctively and carry it safely with a holster that works.

And for crying out loud don’t think what works for you should work for the next person (let alone everyone else).

JFC

Ruger designed the Mark off a Jap Nambu pistol given to him in 1948 by a Marine. The Luger had to have the angle to eliminate the need for Browning's barrel pivot.

For Glock lovers to say they love this heritage is like saying. "Glock: using a design from monumental losers..."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don’t care what someone else chooses to carry. I’ve never understood the whole glock grip complaint though, what am I missing?

Men with tiny hands have difficulty holding it... and, btw, they are also embarrassed to hold a Whopper.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Glock.......the ugly chick that can cook.

Of course hotties can cook too..........but we don't want to upset the beer goggle folks.

I was thinking something else, because I'm not going to keep seeing an ugly chick that can cook. I can look at a hot chick whose culinary skills are limited to Ramen Noodles, ALL day.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Glocks are far from perfect but I've found them to be extremely reliable. I don't love any firearm and I'm not a fanboy. My admiration is for the simplicity and reliability of the tool. It's been my experience that most malfunctions where ANY manufacturer is concerned can be attributed to operator, ammo or mags. The vid with all the malfunctions is eye candy for Glock haters but I fail to see that it's relevant. I imagine the problems could be attributed to one of the three previously listed issues rather than the pistol.
    I practice and train quite a bit. 9000 rounds downrange in 2018 through several different Glocks without a malfunction I can't attribute to one of the three causes above. I know what is working for me and I'm sticking with it simply because I KNOW it works for me.
    There's a huge difference between the grip angle of an XD and a Glock and most pistols are somewhere between the two. Since people are not identical different grip angles and different physical size pistols suit different people. Train with what suits you until you are confident you can defend yourself and don't get caught up in the "mine's shinier than yours" debate. That debate is always a waste of time and emotional ammo.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Top Bottom