• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    OC Rally You Aren't Allowed To Participate In

Boston Police patrol the streets while prominently displaying their submachine guns, while the citizens of Massachusetts are legally prohibited from doing the same. source

The disparity over the right to use force, between police and citizens, is a hallmark trait of a police state.

533738_517136368323869_547276724_n.jpg

Last edited:

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    How many of the civilians feel "safe" in this picture with all of the camo'd po-po standing guard? How long would it take for everyone to "get accustomed" to this presence? How many of these same people would call 911 in a heartbeat if a civilian OC'd the same weaponry?:dunno:

As they appear, I plan on posting things I find from the government's (over)response to the bombs at the Boston Marathon. My sympathies go out to the victims, but government must always be kept in check, especially in times of "crisis."

Paramilitary infantry units line the streets
    12357_516384641732375_1412173353_n.jpg

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    DRMO is the main reason for camo plate carriers and uniforms. I have a camo surplus Goretex rain jacket via DRMO. I know "because we got it cheap" isn't as much fun as tin foil and derision of "wannabe soldiers" but its accurate. I've done the soldier thing, and have no desire to do it again, but I won't turn down free rain coat and boot liners.

Thats mostly what it boils down to but hey the conspiracy folks can flip it however they want!

Catching td's from all these armchairs.

I'm not seeing to many passes more of a fumble when they tried to throw it.

But seriously there was not Posse Cometatus violation with the use of National Guard troops since they were on State Orders. And as for the standard uniform of Boston PD as well as the MA State police they all have had the same look for 30 years nothing new for that area.

As for the SWAT teams. They are always on standby/alert for large scale venues and they have been utilizing BDU type uniforms for years and for the ones saying "they need to be black" My team use to use Black BDU's and we changed to several types of green or camo because Black suck when it is just slightly warm not to mention the gear you have.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Boston Police patrol the streets while prominently displaying their submachine guns, while the citizens of Massachusetts are legally prohibited from doing the same. source

The disparity over the right to use force, between police and citizens, is a hallmark trait of a police state.

Yeah when I heard it was patriots day in Boston I about **** my pants laughing so hard and wanted to cry after that. They have patriots day in a city that has had their 2nd amendment rights stripped away and gladly handed over. The east coast and the west coast is not America in my opinion. It's a all for show feel good Disney like experience where you hope you don't get killed while visiting. And for those Midwesterners who don't wanna feel left out on visiting commieland there's Chicago!

Still makes me sick all the dumb Leo's who are singing like cannaries to the media releasing sensitive information in a national security criminal investigation. They need to track down the leakers and fully prosecute them for dereliction of duty or treason. Period! Dirty cops federal and local.
    Stupid cockroach reporters for even putting it on the air.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yeah when I heard it was patriots day in Boston I about **** my pants laughing so hard and wanted to cry after that. They have patriots day in a city that has had their 2nd amendment rights stripped away and gladly handed over. The east coast and the west coast is not America in my opinion. It's a all for show feel good Disney like experience where you hope you don't get killed while visiting. And for those Midwesterners who don't wanna feel left out on visiting commieland there's Chicago!

Still makes me sick all the dumb Leo's who are singing like cannaries to the media releasing sensitive information in a national security criminal investigation. They need to track down the leakers and fully prosecute them for dereliction of duty or treason. Period! Dirty cops federal and local.
    Stupid cockroach reporters for even putting it on the air.

What of those regurgitating the news reports here?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just like any other major tragedy the media outlets are scrambling for ratings.
    They were discussing this on Fox today. So much revenue at stake. The news is a business now not a public service like it used to be.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Some kind of infantry unit stands guard outside Boston Medical Center. source

17309_517159704988202_801890276_n.jpg

Feds declare No-Fly Zone over Boston. source

He's not from an infantry unit, no NG unit is going to have camo'd rifles, plus that isn't a military M4, barrels too short. Helmets not standard and he has a magpul magazine with ammo, only police are trustworthy enough to stand guard with actual ammunition in their rifles. Plus he wouldn't make it five seconds without being told to get his sleeves right.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Some kind of infantry unit stands guard outside Boston Medical Center. source

17309_517159704988202_801890276_n.jpg

Feds declare No-Fly Zone over Boston. source
    While he does bear a remarkable resemblance to a soldier, he's a member of their SWAT team. It was reported last night when I was reading updates that they had assigned SWAT team members to the hospitals. I guess to protect potential witnesses and the victims. Poor choice of clothing on their part, but he's covered in police patches. At least it wasn't the standard black fatigue/storm trooper look so many of the SWAT teams seem to go for.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Boston is not known as a bastion of liberty! At least they have an appropriate uniform but what's with the UMP's?? Is it supposed to make people feel more safe that they broke out the long guns, now they're just being silly. Is a UMP their patrol rifle?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    DRMO is the main reason for camo plate carriers and uniforms. I have a camo surplus Goretex rain jacket via DRMO. I know "because we got it cheap" isn't as much fun as tin foil and derision of "wannabe soldiers" but its accurate. I've done the soldier thing, and have no desire to do it again, but I won't turn down free rain coat and boot liners.

It's probably a good bet that the Mass State Police were not getting their camo from DRMO, they had the updated multi-cam, i'm sure that was a specific purchase on their part. They probably have the resources that they don't need to get used gear.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It's probably a good bet that the Mass State Police were not getting their camo from DRMO, they had the updated multi-cam, i'm sure that was a specific purchase on their part. They probably have the resources that they don't need to get used gear.

We got plenty of DRMO in new camo patterns. You might be right but we have guys that have that exact pattern BDU's, rain gear, and rucks that they wear to the range. All from DRMO. Mostly brand new.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Boston is not known as a bastion of liberty! At least they have an appropriate uniform but what's with the UMP's?? Is it supposed to make people feel more safe that they broke out the long guns, now they're just being silly. Is a UMP their patrol rifle?

Some departments don't like the .223/5.56 rds as they think they are TOO POWERFUL for an urban enviroment. It's flawed logic but hey...what ya gonna do? So yes, I have seen sub guns as patrol rifles. They had the trigger packs that were semi-auto only.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Boston suburb under lockdown

Watertown, MA, is under martial law. Police, federal agents, and soldiers have shut down the city and are restricting transportation. Roadblocks have been imposed and no vehicle traffic is allowed in Watertown. Public transportation has been suspended. A no-fly zone is in place over the city. Police are requiring people to stay indoors and not leave their homes. More info

Scene from an apartment in Watertown. source

BIO2OZ0CQAA42hx.jpg:large

Top Bottom