Greenwood Point Blank Temporarily Closed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    My family and I were there. I was watching...but I was not looking at the individual when it happened. I was watching the lady two lanes down from him. My daughter and I saw him slump over..then fall. We alerted the staff...

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My family and I were there. I was watching...but I was not looking at the individual when it happened. I was watching the lady two lanes down from him. My daughter and I saw him slump over..then fall. We alerted the staff...
    I'm sorry you two had to witness that. Very sad.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Upset my daughter quite a lot. She is 19. My son was there, he is on a fire dept. Another young lady and Stephen went in to try to help. Fortunately there was an older lady there, who knew what she was about, so they let her work. Sad,sad stuff. I was watching him shoot, and he seemed familiar with firearm..but someone said that he had rented a pistol. Looked like a Glock. Rumors fly, in a situation like that.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Upset my daughter quite a lot. She is 19. My son was there, he is on a fire dept. Another young lady and Stephen went in to try to help. Fortunately there was an older lady there, who knew what she was about, so they let her work. Sad,sad stuff. I was watching him shoot, and he seemed familiar with firearm..but someone said that he had rented a pistol. Looked like a Glock. Rumors fly, in a situation like that.

I don't think Point Blank will rent a gun to a first-time visitor if he/she is by himself/herself. Might be different if he already had another gun with him, or had visited before.

Last edited:

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Someone thought that he had come in with another guy. There were 12 of us there. One of our young guys said he saw it happen. Time will tell us more..

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sad situation indeed. I don't know how it is at the Point Blank in Greenwood, but I often think range officers aren't as present as they should be at the one in Louisville.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Sad situation indeed. I don't know how it is at the Point Blank in Greenwood, but I often think range officers aren't as present as they should be at the one in Louisville.

From what I've experienced at point blank in greenwood they do a good job. with the number of lanes it's impossible for one RO to be aware of all the lanes at one time.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

They aren't there to keep you safe from gunshots. You already signed your life away on that when you filled out the waiver. They are there to sweep brass, make sure you don't trip over it and sue them for not maintaining the premises.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    They aren't there to keep you safe from gunshots. You already signed your life away on that when you filled out the waiver. They are there to sweep brass, make sure you don't trip over it and sue them for not maintaining the premises.

payroll Is costly to provide otherwise.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I do not want to make this about range officers. It was just a general observation. When I'm at the range and there are inexperienced shooters around, I do like that they tend to try to keep people from doing stupid things. If they see people handling firearms unsafely, they do step in. I just wondered how the one in Greenwood is.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I don't shoot there alot, but have gotten to know a couple of the RO's, and generally they are pretty nice guys. They do tend to pay attention to the newer shooters, and not bother people unless they see something unsafe, but they do like to talk about guns.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Considering how quickly one can intentionally or unintentionally put a gun to their head and pull the trigger, I don't think it's something an RSO can realistically stop from happening.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Considering how quickly one can intentionally or unintentionally put a gun to their head and pull the trigger, I don't think it's something an RSO can realistically stop from happening.
    Probably not.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't shoot there alot, but have gotten to know a couple of the RO's, and generally they are pretty nice guys. They do tend to pay attention to the newer shooters, and not bother people unless they see something unsafe, but they do like to talk about guns.

^^^THIS^^^

The RO’s that have been there when I shoot are top notch. They will not hesitate to kick someone out when they are being unsafe and will not hesitate to help someone if they need help.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ^^^THIS^^^

The RO’s that have been there when I shoot are top notch. They will not hesitate to kick someone out when they are being unsafe and will not hesitate to help someone if they need help.

This can not even be considered on the RO's.
    But I am sure the ones on duty are having to deal with this.

Top Bottom