Greenwood Point Blank Temporarily Closed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    I am still very curious why the local news hasn’t mentioned on the accident, or they Texas church situation?
    Im sure as pro 2A we see it one way, but the media might not be able bend it in a way make it that guns are bad..
    But still an unfortunate situation has happened and feel bad for all parties involved.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    It will be best if it does not show up on the major networks. I am glad it did not explode on FB or other social media. Everybody there was shook up...but no dramatic hysteria. Staff did a good job clearing the way for medics, ect. I felt sorry especially for one older lady who was shooting near him. She appeared to be fairly new to shooting (I could be wrong), and she was really dazed acting. I hope it doesn’t prevent her from continuing as a shooter.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Interested in updates. It's about the only place I shoot at lately.
    We enjoy shooting there as well. Been on my mind today, there was a lady working there that was holding the door for the funeral home. Her face was red from crying, felt bad for her.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I'm not expecting an update, at this point. Accidents are news. Suicides are not.

If this were genuinely an accident, my (admittedly cynical) take is that we'd be drowning in negative publicity already.

This is a place of business, where in all overwhelming likelihood, someone just offed themselves. It's the "two year flood" of operating a gun range. The police no doubt reviewed the video, talked it over to their investigative satisfaction, and remanded the situation to the undertakers.

Headed down the memory hole like the good guy in Texas.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m guessing it was a suicide as well based on the lack of news. It’s sad how IMHO, an accident would have been publicized as an illustration of how dangerous shooting is. I don’t disagree with suicides not making the news.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    The news won’t do news stories on suicides because they are afraid of causing more. The only exceptions are suicide by cop or murder/suicide.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The news won’t do news stories on suicides because they are afraid of causing more. The only exceptions are suicide by cop or murder/suicide.

Media outlets don't seem to understand this when it comes to other events... I personally doubt any noble cause underlies the media not reporting this, unless you are directly aware of such a policy and it is applied across multiple media outlets.

I'm guessing it just doesn't draw viewers, clicks, etc.

That's the cynical view, and I could be wrong, but I tend to not attribute any altruistic attributes to media outlets.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well my sincere sympathies to the staff there who I've come to like and also any customers that were there, as well as the mans family and friends.
    I wish people would think of others if they choose to off themselves.
    I also wish people would understand that no matter how bad it seems, someone still cares about you. Reach out.

bbps

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2020
    Brownsburg
    He is 23. We were there to take his girl friend on her first shooting experience. She was in the lane next to the guy. I was a couple of lanes over, and my son was right behind the guy's lane (coming to switch places with me, I think) when it happened. Fortunately, there weren't many kids around. I think there was one boy who was probably about 14 waiting just outside.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He is 23. We were there to take his girl friend on her first shooting experience. She was in the lane next to the guy. I was a couple of lanes over, and my son was right behind the guy's lane (coming to switch places with me, I think) when it happened. Fortunately, there weren't many kids around. I think there was one boy who was probably about 14 waiting just outside.

Thanks for sharing and "Welcome to Ingo"

Top Bottom