• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If another pallet is purchased, I would be interested in 2 cases. Be happy to toss in a couple extra bucks for the cause. I live in Seymour so should be able to schedule pickup pretty easily.

blueskies

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    hey never mind on the cases, i really didn't need too many and found someone at the base to help me out, thanks anyway :) i wasn't in any group yet, just posted about an hour ago

Last edited:

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I am unclear. Did you stop at one pallet or did you get a second. Where do the cases run out? Who is the last one in on the group buy?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I just got home. There's a minor snag for me.

Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service: Indianapolis: East Fork White River at Williams

I can't get in and out of my driveway once the water is over 13' above flood stage. It's at 16.5 right now. AT 19' I MAY lose phone and net. I had to park on top the of the ridge and hike 20 min in to get to the house. Of course I drove the car to the airport so my truck is flooded in until the river goes down. Maybe Friday. Hiking through the wet woods. I just left HAVING to do that in Puerto Rico. At least the temperature is lower back here at home. 85f plus rainy wet vegetation is no fun.

Got politely hassled by TSA on the way back because of my wet, dirty gear. Long trip home.

At least the house didn't burn down or the animals get killed while I was gone unlike previous times. Found that some ******* had driven through the T post and wire I have on the driveway at the top of the ridge. I'm spiking that drive. **** 'em.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    I am unclear. Did you stop at one pallet or did you get a second. Where do the cases run out? Who is the last one in on the group buy?

I now own a pallet. It's sitting in a warehouse somewhere. I just got home after 9 days of travel and I'm now flooded in for a few days. If everyone who has said they were in pays for them then once we accumulate enough orders I'll buy a second pallet. If folks who were in early enough to get in on the first pallet don't pay within the 1 week timeline after I get that pallet physically in my control, and that means sitting in my driveway, then those who got their orders in later are next in line.

I suspect that there will be enough orders for me to buy a second pallet, but I'm not going to think about that until I get the first one dealt with.

I was scheduled to pick up my pallet Tuesday, but since my truck does not have a snorkel, and my little car which is parked on top of my ridge does not have space, then it'll wait until the water goes down enough that I can get the truck out.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    LOL, I was out that way tonight. Some of our friends from near Williams will be staying with us this week. Tonight, I only had to go between Fayetteville and Williams. The second road is not currently under water, but that doesn't help you get past Williams.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Ah mon amie, the voyageurs did it!

Look forward to maybe hearing something next week. Hope your homestead stays above water. Thanks again for doing this

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Ah mon amie, the voyageurs did it!

Look forward to maybe hearing something next week. Hope your homestead stays above water. Thanks again for doing this

The last time the river was this high I watched a johnboat with the motor running full throttle trying to get upstream and making maybe 2-3 knots. He finally gave up and turned around and shot downstream at about 20 knots.

Crest is tomorrow but the downslope is pretty gradual. I'll post a pic of my driveway tomorrow during the crest.

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Well since you paid already, how can I pay you before hand, I can wait to pick them up as I will meet you there or somewhere near there anyway.

I could pick them up and store them but that would screw up your money collection for the locals who are gonna pay at pick up.

Stu

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    For the sake of getting a head count for the next order should it happen...I would be good for 3 cases. As said earlier, thanks for doing this, I'll round up on the $, and I'm in no hurry so whatever works for you. I hope your flooding situation remains manageable.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    I am beginning to think I don't like Ameriqual.

When I checked my Visa account this afternoon I saw that they had charged me $2865 for the pallet. So I called back and talked to the guy and found out they charged me freight, even though I was doing a customer pick up :rolleyes:

The sales guy said it was his error and they'll be refunding the freight costs. We'll see.

The plus side is the shipping person I talked to said no problem picking it up next week since I'm flooded in.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I am beginning to think I don't like Ameriqual.

When I checked my Visa account this afternoon I saw that they had charged me $2865 for the pallet. So I called back and talked to the guy and found out they charged me freight, even though I was doing a customer pick up :rolleyes:

The sales guy said it was his error and they'll be refunding the freight costs. We'll see.

The plus side is the shipping person I talked to said no problem picking it up next week since I'm flooded in.

Keep your socks dry in the meantime..:yesway:

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom