Please reply by conversation.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Take care of yourself.

Heh. I spent half the day cutting a new road through half a mile of woods so I can get my truck up to the top of the hill. I'm about half-done, got it roughed in with the tractor and chainsaw, now I have to make it truck-passable. I suspect I'm going to have to winch up the last hundred yards since it's almost vertical (I have a hard time walking up it). I've been talking about putting this road in ever since I bought the adjacent property seven years ago, now's the time to do it since I want the truck out and it's not beastly hot and humid out.

I'd have no motivation to do it if it weren't flooded out :D

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Anyone headd down from Indy area, or is there anyone headed for Bloomington so I can buy five?

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Anyone from the Brownsburg or Beach Grove area thinking about driving down to buy any? I'd like 2 cases and I'd be willing to give you $20 to help out with gas.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    The water is receding so I should be able to go pick up the pallet Tuesday. If so, Tuesday night I will be posting payment instructions for folks who are first in line. They will then have a week to pay up before losing their turn in line.

For those who didn't order in time for the first pallet, it's highly probable I will do a second pallet since between here and elsewhere I'm accumulating enough orders to do a second one. Gotta pay off the credit card for the first one first though :)

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    The water is receding so I should be able to go pick up the pallet Tuesday. If so, Tuesday night I will be posting payment instructions for folks who are first in line. They will then have a week to pay up before losing their turn in line.

For those who didn't order in time for the first pallet, it's highly probable I will do a second pallet since between here and elsewhere I'm accumulating enough orders to do a second one. Gotta pay off the credit card for the first one first though :)

How about time andor meeting place for locals to pick up and pay cash?

There is a unused/closed gas station-truck stop just south of I-64 on the west side of the road that I have met folks for gun trades, it is across the road and a little north of the State Police Post. It is also used as the drive for a truck service center so it is open and traveled, plenty of room there and open.

Say pick up time was 8am, we show up at 0830 and wait, and get to know one another a mini meet. Or in the McDonalds parking lot across from the State Police Post, turn it into a mini eat and greet?

Stu

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Jclark has offered to meet to gather the Evansville folks' purchases.

The water is going down relatively fast out here, I may be able to get my truck out Monday evening, and I'm about 95% sure Tuesday afternoon for sure. It's about 2 hours for me from here to Evansville since I have to take the long way around since some roads will still be flooded, but I'll post on Tuesday morning what the likelyhood I'll be in Evansville that afternoon will be and we all can figure a place to meet there, and anyone who can't meet can get money to someone who can to pay for and pick up theirs.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I can also pick up other E'ville orders. Look forward to getting the details and thanks again to shibumseeker for doing this.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Sounds good. Evansville people who are on the list of folks (posting in the OP) who got in under the first pallet cut off, if you can't meet, Snorko, and Jclark have offered to pick up yours for you. Please send them with cash for your cases.

Tomorrow morning (Tuesday, May 2) I will post a go-no go. I will also need a place to meet that is close to the interstate heading north and is easy to find. I won't be able to promise precision as far as meeting times since I have no idea exactly when I'll be able to get out, how long it will take me to find the place, and how long it will take for them to load.

Snorko, CVMA, Jclark, (and anyone else who can meet at whatever place we pick) PM me your phone numbers so I can call once I have the cargo loaded.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Tomorrow morning (Tuesday, May 2) I will post a go-no go. I will also need a place to meet that is close to the interstate heading north and is easy to find.

The Ameriqual facility is 1.5 miles south of I-64 on the west side of Highway 41. I would suggest meeting 1 mile north of Ameriqual.

There is a commercial subdivision on the east side of northbound Hwy 41 called Castle Creek (see below). This is where Stoll's Restaurant is, and little else. That would be an easy location and on the way home for the OP. Either the restaurant parking lot or the vacant cul de sac street to the east.

picture.php

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    shibumiseeker,

I am afraid that we are not going to have much of an opportunity to make an exchange since I live in Indy and don't get down that far south very often. I want to get in on the deal but it is going to be easier for both of us if someone closer to you that can stop by took my spot for now. Perhaps it will work out when you or I are closer to each other but it doesn't look like that will happen soon. Let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks for doing this. I'm happy to give up my spot for the time being.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    No go for pickup today. Monday's rain has caused the river to stop falling.

Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service: Indianapolis: East Fork White River at Williams

While the measurement wasn't as high as the prediction on the hydrograph, it's still about a foot higher than I am willing to take the truck through.

My next try will be Thursday. I'll update tomorrow evening what the likelyhood will be.

I'm really glad I didn't collect money in advance, right now I'd be being accused of absconding ;)

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Works for me as the Electronic Power Control in my POS VW died last night. Transport would have been iffy today. Otherwise, cash in hand at the OP's convenience. Thanks for the very good updates and communication.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    No problem! like you said before, no one is out anything yet besides you. your the one doing us all a favor, the last thing I will do is complain. I just hope your situation improves for your sake. flood water sucks

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom