Gun Community Myopic and Asleep. Ideas for action needed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlane

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2019
    Allen County
    We vote with our feet and our wallets. Works pretty well for businesses, especially when we let them know why.

Dear WalMart and Kroger (and now, possibly, Meijer),
    I am greatly pleased to hear that your profits have risen to the point you can be more selective on your customer base. As 1 in 15, roughly 330,000, of Hoosiers are licensed to carry a handgun by the State of Indiana, your decision to exclude them as shoppers indicates you have more than enough money. Luckily, there are other shopping options that are just as convenient and cost-effective. Our Independent Grocers are still looking for new shoppers, as are other regional chains. Online ordering and delivery is making a huge push as well, and makes no judgment about me as a person, what I own, what I carry, or what I believe.

I can't speak for others, but I and my family will do our best to support businesses who support us. Or, better yet, support businesses who provide quality products and services for a fair price, without engaging in "the whim of the day" political and social issues.

Best of luck,
    The ElDirector Family

On another note... It does bother me that the "gun-butters" stay on their couches. A simple email to a few folks, and a few weeks shopping "down the road" would be a strong message if told 330,000 times. But, alas, "this doesn't impact me directly, so I'll just sit on my thumbs until it is too late, and then complain about it".

Well written!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    We vote with our feet and our wallets. Works pretty well for businesses, especially when we let them know why.

I am greatly pleased to hear that your profits have risen to the point you can be more selective on your customer base. As 1 in 15, roughly 330,000, of Hoosiers are licensed to carry a handgun by the State of Indiana, your decision to exclude them as shoppers indicates you have more than enough money. Luckily, there are other shopping options that are just as convenient and cost-effective. Our Independent Grocers are still looking for new shoppers, as are other regional chains. Online ordering and delivery is making a huge push as well, and makes no judgment about me as a person, what I own, what I carry, or what I believe.

I can't speak for others, but I and my family will do our best to support businesses who support us. Or, better yet, support businesses who provide quality products and services for a fair price, without engaging in "the whim of the day" political and social issues.

Best of luck,
    The ElDirector Family

On another note... It does bother me that the "gun-butters" stay on their couches. A simple email to a few folks, and a few weeks shopping "down the road" would be a strong message if told 330,000 times. But, alas, "this doesn't impact me directly, so I'll just sit on my thumbs until it is too late, and then complain about it".

Just so I am clear on this... Did WalMart and Kroger ban ALL carry or just open carry?
    I understood these policies to be only for open carry.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I like the idea of doing something, a demonstration or March etc etc. But leaving full carts of perishable foods in stores is a dick move.

We don't need anymore negativity.

I agree, but if we set a ground rule of non perishable items only. And make it known that this was intentional...

We need to do something, I dont want to die in the blazes of glory lost to history in a "too late to make a difference" scenario. I love my wife and kids too much for the bugawhatever...

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'm all for demonstrations.

I say we start planning protests in the public Access areas next to these stores. Picket signs, flags, chants, the whole thing. Oc,cc, have at it.

You tell me a location, date, time. I'll be there.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I did not say we should not have a problem. My point is that many CCers along with many Fudds and butters will have no problem with this.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I did not say we should not have a problem. My point is that many CCers along with many Fudds and butters will have no problem with this.
    This CCer and occasional OCer would like to make this Charlie Foxtrot a teachable moment. We need to point out that this virtue signaling is doing absolutely nothing. We need to get attention as the sane voice of reason in this situation which ain’t hard. Have you met an Anti? We’re used to being out numbered but we’re the ones with logic and facts on our side. I’m leaning towards empty holster event. A big one at a lot of different locations. I don’t care if we have to set up someone coming up and talking to us, it’s the results that count here.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Flash Mob of empty holsters?

How about a flash mob of empty holsters.

We pick a Kroger and start arriving 15 minutes prior to the hour. and just keep coming and parking and coming and parking until the lot is full.

After you park, immediately enter the store. Proceed to the magazine rack (possible pun intend) and start browsing or where ever you want to window shop. No notice of each other. Just guys out window shopping on a Saturday morning.

At the hour the first waive leaves. We only spend 15 minutes in the store. Then it is off the the local Walmart to do it the next hour! And so on up until lunch!

(raw idea, but a start)

Im sure we can come up with some media if we can pick a date.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Best of luck,
    The ElDirector Family

Correction!! As of 1 July 2019 there were 917,358Hoosiers with an active LTCH.

https://www.in.gov/isp/files/ISP_Fi...istics_2019_Issued_and_Active_2nd_Quarter.pdf

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I'm all for demonstrations.

I say we start planning protests in the public Access areas next to these stores. Picket signs, flags, chants, the whole thing. Oc,cc, have at it.

You tell me a location, date, time. I'll be there.

This is the correct approach. A civil gathering of legal Hoosiers.
    Perhaps + 1000 will do. News crews and front page ?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Banning OC? You will find that they will not see any measurable decrease in sales attributed to a boycott for this cause. Why? Because while we have a large population who own firearms, not nearly as many that have LTCH, actually carry. Of those who DO carry, even fewer choose to OC or support OCing. OC supporters are a small minority of gun owners.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is the correct approach. A civil gathering of legal Hoosiers.
    Perhaps + 1000 will do. News crews and front page ?

On 14 April 2018 we put about 1,500 gun owners in front of the Statehouse. From Senate Ave to Capitol Ave it was from the wall of the Capitol grounds to to edge of Washington Street nothing but a sea of humanity. How many would it take to put 10 in every Kroger, every Wal-Mart, every Walgreens...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I’m fine with an empty holster event but you can bet your sweet ass I will be carrying concealed as well.

I'm strongly considering OCing one empty holster and CCing two handguns. One is easy...

Edit: OH I think I've got it!!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Banning OC? You will find that they will not see any measurable decrease in sales attributed to a boycott for this cause. Why? Because while we have a large population who own firearms, not nearly as many that have LTCH, actually carry. Of those who DO carry, even fewer choose to OC or support OCing. OC supporters are a small minority of gun owners.

But, we are the best and brightest, the cream of the crop , so to say.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS

Open carry is not the issue. They will not stop at OC. We can put our heads in the sand or do something, me thinks.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    On 14 April 2018 we put about 1,500 gun owners in front of the Statehouse. From Senate Ave to Capitol Ave it was from the wall of the Capitol grounds to to edge of Washington Street nothing but a sea of humanity. How many would it take to put 10 in every Kroger, every Wal-Mart, every Walgreens...

Correct. We have the numbers and the incentive. We just need to foster an idea that will gain traction with gun owners and be significantly telegenic.

Top Bottom