Gun Community Myopic and Asleep. Ideas for action needed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Everywhere I have worked from the army to Church, the rule is "your idea, you organize it."

You will be surprised to learn why most of the INGO event organizers burn out after a few years.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Step one, We respectfully ask that you do not Openly Carry in our store.

Step two, We respectfully ask that you do not carry in our store.

Step three, Placement of signs that do not have force of law in Indiana.

Step four, Either placement of signs like Demanding Mommies designed for the NRAAM (which met the threshold) or pressure on the State gets so high that they enact an IC that listed on a slash gun sign has force of law.

I am certain that demanding mommies will push owners to post their signs soon, if not already.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Is telegenic code for "has teeth"??

Yes that would be great and preferable. But I was thinking more of a media appeal. Something quirky but meaningful at the same time? Like the traveling flash mob idea. Not your normal protest.

But a normal protest with speakers on the Indiana State House lawn would be good too.

(Heck I don't know, just throwing stuff out to see if there is enough interest to form some kind of ad hoc committee to start organizing.)

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Well, THAT is better. One in, oh, about 7 Hoosiers are (potentially) armed? I will amend future emails.

I will also continue to OC or CC however I please, as my mood and attire dictates. That is MY policy.

Agree. I do what I call "I don't care carry". If it shows, so what. If it sticks out the bottom of the shirt, so what. Printing? What is printing?

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Step one, We respectfully ask that you do not Openly Carry in our store.

Step two, We respectfully ask that you do not carry in our store.

Step three, Placement of signs that do not have force of law in Indiana.

Step four, Either placement of signs like Demanding Mommies designed for the NRAAM (which met the threshold) or pressure on the State gets so high that they enact an IC that listed on a slash gun sign has force of law.

I am certain that demanding mommies will push owners to post their signs soon, if not already.

ON THE NOSE. That is why I started this thread!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It matters not what you or I desire.

First they came for the Openly Carriers, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Open Carrier.

Then they came for the AR's and AK"S, and I did not speak out—
    Because I Did not have an AR or AK.

Then they came for the Pistols, and I did not speak out—
    Because I Had a shotgun.

Then they came for my shotgun—and there was no one left to speak for me.

There are too many people that will sit on their hands and do nothing.

A couple have asked for a volunteer to step forward and organize. It is not surprising that no one is stepping forward. It is a really tough job to organize anything.

I attempted to organize M&E's for a while. All it involved was finding a restaurant, posting it on INGO, keeping track of who is coming and showing up. When no one else shows up it gets disheartening.

The bigger ones that actually happen take a lot more time and planning.

I will not be going to Indy for this and you probably won't come to NWI either.

I also feel that a Saturday event at the State House is pretty useless, since no one is there.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

First they came for the Openly Carriers, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Open Carrier.

Then they came for the AR's and AK"S, and I did not speak out—
    Because I Did not have an AR or AK.

Then they came for the Pistols, and I did not speak out—
    Because I Had a shotgun.

Then they came for my shotgun—and there was no one left to speak for me.

A couple have asked for a volunteer to step forward and organize. It is not surprising that no one is stepping forward. It is a really tough job to organize anything.

I attempted to organize M&E's for a while. All it involved was finding a restaurant, posting it on INGO, keeping track of who is coming and showing up. When no one else shows up it gets disheartening.

The bigger ones that actually happen take a lot more time and planning.

I will not be going to Indy for this and you probably won't come to NWI either.

I also feel that a Saturday event at the State House is pretty useless, since no one is there.

I've often considered posting something reminiscent of Martin Niemoller's poem. Firearms registration under the Weimar Republic led to confiscation by the nazis.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yes that would be great and preferable. But I was thinking more of a media appeal. Something quirky but meaningful at the same time? Like the traveling flash mob idea. Not your normal protest.

But a normal protest with speakers on the Indiana State House lawn would be good too.

(Heck I don't know, just throwing stuff out to see if there is enough interest to form some kind of ad hoc committee to start organizing.)

Traveling flash mob, I like the sound of that.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS

Well..... I kind of am, organizing that is. Looking for ideas and others with passion right now.

BTW, thanks for the tip on the Saturday State House thing. Good point.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    That is not really a tip, any other day and no one will be there, they have to work.

You would be surprised. Lunch time, bright sunny day. Media is just around the corner, they show up. Link with a few other groups of like minded folk. We drew 300 one afternoon when the Indiana Supreme's decided that illegal entry into homes was OK.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    On 14 April 2018 we put about 1,500 gun owners in front of the Statehouse. From Senate Ave to Capitol Ave it was from the wall of the Capitol grounds to to edge of Washington Street nothing but a sea of humanity. How many would it take to put 10 in every Kroger, every Wal-Mart, every Walgreens...

I remember that day very well. I was downtown at a wedding in the Statehouse. Impressive numbers with American flags carried. Probably the most impressive part was the number of open carry AR rifles moving towards the Statehouse.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I think that it’s time for protests. How many other groups would stand by while their rights were being trampled without a protest.

Top Bottom