• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Folks who've taken my class have watched a video of a guy drop a gun down the leg of his overalls and not notice it. Definitely not a gun you could get in a pocket, either. The guy behind him in line notices it, though, and then shenanigans ensue.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    All kinds of things happen; I can recall a state senator who left his weapon on the third floor men's restroom of the Statehouse. Fortunately, an honest person found it and turned it in, and the senator sheepishly owned up to his mistake.

Maybe it is a good thing there aren't too many five year olds wandering the Statehouse during the legislative session?:):

Honestly, I can say that I am a lot more cognizant of my weapon and where it is since I retired from LE. Familiarity breeds contempt.

However, this screams no holster, or Uncle Mike's, or something similar.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The children paradox. They can't find their shoes in their bedrooms when they're right in front of them yet can find stuff they're not supposed to hidden in in the cushions of a couch.

I'm sure this guy is kicking himself harder than any of us can. I hope so. I know I would be.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I'm no liberal, but am afraid of idiots with guns too, and not just for the danger it poses to my family or myself, but also for the negative light it casts on all gun owners.

And this is what the liberals are afraid of, idiots with guns.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've seen plenty of members here who openly admit they pocket carry eith no holster or even waistband carry with no holster. Seen it right here in black and white print. It's always prefaced by "I know what I'm doing cause I grew up around guns" or the like. Yep uh huh, ok bubba.
    Mistakes like this CANNOT be made. Guns we carry are life and death. They arent toys. They arent a hobby when you are carrying it. Its life and death period. Get with the program or stop carrying and let someone else be in charge of your safety. Hell one of my kids was in this store when this happened. Too bad the guy didnt get pummeled by other customers once his identity was learned.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    All kinds of things happen; I can recall a state senator who left his weapon on the third floor men's restroom of the Statehouse. Fortunately, an honest person found it and turned it in, and the senator sheepishly owned up to his mistake.

Maybe it is a good thing there aren't too many five year olds wandering the Statehouse during the legislative session?:):

Honestly, I can say that I am a lot more cognizant of my weapon and where it is since I retired from LE. Familiarity breeds contempt.

However, this screams no holster, or Uncle Mike's, or something similar.

Was is Senator Obtuse?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I thought I heard on WTHR this morning that the gunowner will face charges, but this article from Fox 59 (with commentary by Guy Relford) makes it sound like he may not. However, Fox's article hasn't been updated this morning so... :dunno:

Police investigating after child finds gun inside Fishers IKEA, fires shot | FOX59

From INGO's own Guy Relford in the Fox 59 article (bold and large font cause I like it):

“Being a knucklehead is not a crime in Indiana, or in most places," Relford said.

Relford added that perhaps the closest charge the gun's owner could receive is criminal recklessness. But that charge states the person has to knowingly, intentionally, or recklessly commit an act. Relford says this case sounds much more like an inadvertent error than something intentional or reckless.

“That can translate into civil liability, but that alone doesn’t result in criminal culpability," Relford said.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    From INGO's own Guy Relford in the Fox 59 article (bold and large font cause I like it):

“Being a knucklehead is not a crime in Indiana, or in most places," Relford said.

Relford added that perhaps the closest charge the gun's owner could receive is criminal recklessness. But that charge states the person has to knowingly, intentionally, or recklessly commit an act. Relford says this case sounds much more like an inadvertent error than something intentional or reckless.

“That can translate into civil liability, but that alone doesn’t result in criminal culpability," Relford said.
    Well Guy is certainly the authority on these things, and at least he called the guy out as best he could on a media platform.

Top Bottom