• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's sad to make jokes about this dangerous sloppy gun carrier being an INGOer. :twocents:
    It's sad because it's probably not a joke. Even trolls from the anti gun side join ingo to stir up poo.
    Anyone can "join" INGO. Membership doesnt mean someone is part of the community.
    I constantly see people who never contribute in posts or events or help members in need have hundreds of classifieds deals. Just one example.

It's sad that honest to God my first thought (after "is everyone safe?" "Teach your kids not to touch guns without supervision" and "what a dumbass") was, I wonder if hes an ingo member, I hope not

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I hope it wasn't an INGOer, but...a joke is a joke, right?

Also, when I read the number of comments I do with statements like "...been doing it this way for 30 years and its never been a problem" or "I just can't get comfortable if I...", I'll just to have to keep on hoping, 'cause...

Chr15topher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    New Albany
    This is why I don’t buy cheap holsters. I’m big on “the holster is just as important as the firearm” thing.

Just imagine the crap storm we’d be going through if this kid accidentally killed a sibling or a stranger. Thank God nobody was hurt.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I want to know what make it was specifically. Not that it really matters, but just curious. I have a S&W 340 CT that I will sometimes pocket carry in a Safariland HOLSTER during the summer. It's pretty light, but I would notice it IMMEDIATELY, if it were no longer in my pocket. In addition, I doubt a child could get past the 12.5lb trigger pull. I cringe thinking this guy was pocket carrying a little Glock or similar.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    From INGO's own Guy Relford in the Fox 59 article (bold and large font cause I like it):

“Being a knucklehead is not a crime in Indiana, or in most places," Relford said.

Relford added that perhaps the closest charge the gun's owner could receive is criminal recklessness. But that charge states the person has to knowingly, intentionally, or recklessly commit an act. Relford says this case sounds much more like an inadvertent error than something intentional or reckless.

“That can translate into civil liability, but that alone doesn’t result in criminal culpability," Relford said.

It is Fishers, though. If people whine loudly enough, they may make up something to charge him with just for the sake of being seen punishing a bad gun owner.

Mark in Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2018
    Evansville
    I can't add much to what's been said, but this is a classic lesson on why you never carry without a quality holster! These people give responsible gun owners anbad name.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's sad because it's probably not a joke. Even trolls from the anti gun side join ingo to stir up poo.
    Anyone can "join" INGO. Membership doesnt mean someone is part of the community.
    I constantly see people who never contribute in posts or events or help members in need have hundreds of classifieds deals. Just one example.

It's sad that honest to God my first thought (after "is everyone safe?" "Teach your kids not to touch guns without supervision" and "what a dumbass") was, I wonder if hes an ingo member, I hope not

Yeah, because we are all soooo perfect and would never make that kind of mistake.

I don't disagree with the arguments.

That said, I think the often used "what's the dumb ass' INGO user name?" is a negative slam on all INGOers. It gives the impression that we are ALL more apt to be one of those dumb asses than not. :twocents:

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Folks who've taken my class have watched a video of a guy drop a gun down the leg of his overalls and not notice it. Definitely not a gun you could get in a pocket, either. The guy behind him in line notices it, though, and then shenanigans ensue.

Do we have to take your class to see this video?

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    blackhawk serpa holsters carry is secure ;however, they are much too open when the temps don't allow sweatshirts to cover.

desantis intruder is very secure IWB I use and much better for conceal.

there are many many good IWB holsters out there. too many to mention that are better than your pocket.

I do wonder why the guy did not FEEL that the gun had fallen out of his pocket? cause if I carry in my rear pocket I know when it's NOT there?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't disagree with the arguments.

That said, I think the often used "what's the dumb ass' INGO user name?" is a negative slam on all INGOers. It gives the impression that we are ALL more apt to be one of those dumb asses than not. :twocents:

I see what you are saying. I deffinately dont think ALL ingoers are dumb or stupid. Some of the smartest people I've ever met are on ingo. Some I havent met but hope to.
    I'm certainly not one of the smartest but I dont think I'm the dumbest but maybe I'm too dumb to see it ;)
    Also some of the kindest and most caring people I've met and some of the best trained and safest are here to.
    Ingo is an asset overall to the state, not a hindrance

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    I just have to wonder of the age of the "child". The media is heavily emphasizing "child" in their reports, but was it a 17-year-old, or a 10-year old?

Not that it indemnifies the owner who parted with his piece, but I'd think if they knew it was a 10-year-old, they'd be sensationalizing that in the story, and since they're not, I'm guessing that the "child' was old enough to know better.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I just have to wonder of the age of the "child". The media is heavily emphasizing "child" in their reports, but was it a 17-year-old, or a 10-year old?

Not that it indemnifies the owner who parted with his piece, but I'd think if they knew it was a 10-year-old, they'd be sensationalizing that in the story, and since they're not, I'm guessing that the "child' was old enough to know better.

Old enough to know better? Please a trained FBI agent just shot a guy while trying to pick up his pistol after he dropped it, **** happens and when you're playing with firearms there is a steep learning curve. No reason to blame the kid who picked up the pistol at all, no matter the age. Even if it were an adult, there is a growing number of adults who go their entire lifetimes without touching a real firearm. Some people truly believe you have to cock a pistol before it shoots, I've met them.

Top Bottom