• ...and so much more!
  • Mark in Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2018
    Evansville
    All:
    We know the problem. What are some suggestions to possibly prevent this event?
    The Gun Grabber's solution is to take all guns from law abiding citizens.
    What's your opinions?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    All:
    We know the problem. What are some suggestions to possibly prevent this event?
    The Gun Grabber's solution is to take all guns from law abiding citizens.
    What's your opinions?

Like we have (at least I assume we do) fire prevention week at schools for little kids, we should have gun safety weeks. We can't always help what other people do but we can teach our kids how to react. While I'm sure all of us INGO folks train our kids properly ;) there are those others that could do with some training.

Mark in Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2018
    Evansville
    Interesting answers so far. How does the word get out that carrying without a holster (or a cheap holster) is a bad thing?
    My Alien Shapeshifter was around $65. Cheap insurance.
    Hell, if Maxine Waters can get the word out to torment Trump workers in a short time, we should be able to have the same results (sorry for the political statement).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Lotta people learn their gun handling skills from TV/movies. How many times on TV to you see thugs, cops, everyone stick their gat in the small of their back without any holster?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Lotta people learn their gun handling skills from TV/movies. How many times on TV to you see thugs, cops, everyone stick their gat in the small of their back without any holster?
    I learned mine from Thomas Magnum, 1911 hammer down stuffed in the shortest tightest shorts I can find!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Well...skinny jeans would make it harder to lose a pocket carry gun.

Proper clothing is a key factor, I've seen pocket carry were the pocket was below the butt and just above the back of the knee, extreme overweight (no value judgement). When the guy walked the gun just flapped around in the dead space, his upper body pushed everything down.

Mark in Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2018
    Evansville

BW:
    That's a valid point. However, the IKEA gun mis-handler was around 50 years old. At his age, he should know better. TV & movies make people think that you can shoot the knife out of the bad guy's hand. The BULLS#!T about guns that TV, news media, politicians, etc puts out makes me want to scream.
    It's a big problem. When a FBI Agent gets drunk, dances and causes an unintentional misfire and so many other "accidents", we (responsible gun owners) must address this problem. Who better than a group of responsible gun owners from the Mid-West?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Maybe. My problem with serpas is a small rock gets wedged under the release button and your gun is locked in and useless.
    I always hear this on the internet and from experts that always hear it and maybe some guys who teach classes have forced one to fail so you hear about it all over the internet. But I know people who carried serpas In afghanistan, Iraq, Bosnia, Africa, and never had one fail.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My 4 year old knows not to touch or pick up a gun without permission and to tell a adult immediately upon seeing one. It takes effort on parents part. Even if you dont own guns. Even if you are scared of guns. You must teach your children not to just pick up a gun! Untrained adults and retarded FBI acrobats also should not pick up guns.
    It's not rocket science but it could save lives.

Top Bottom