• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    LGS near work had 10 people with 4473s in process trying to get thru NICS...it was crazy. Could tell that many were entirely new to the process. When I walked into the store, the owner's wife said hello and gave me the: "OMG, this is crazy look!" I bought a few mags with cash and headed out, thankful I wasn't in these people's situation. Lots of people finally realizing they MUST protect their family and not rely on local law enforcement to do it for them. Might be a good wake-up call for many people stuck on their smart phones and buried in social media.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    From SGAMMO.COM 18 March 2020

Due to overwhelming order volume over the past week we are not currently accepting new orders. We are currently 6 to 8 days behind on filling orders and the priority is going to be given to filling existing orders. We will begin to restore inventory later this week once we have a handle on shipping all orders that have been placed so far. In order to aid us in providing faster service, please do not email to ask when your order will ship unless you need to cancel or change the address. UPS will email tracking info the day the order ships and we are working as fast as we possibly can to fill your orders. We have inventory allocated to fill all existing orders, if you have an order in it will be filled.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I have been shopping for something smaller for EDC. Probably should have pulled the trigger (hue hue hue) ​a little sooner. Dreading going out to try to find something now.

Just watch the classifieds here. The way the economy is tanking and people out of work, there will be a lot coming up before long I'm afraid (me included in a few weeks should my company go belly up). This is not a good time to be working for an airline...

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Just watch the classifieds here. The way the economy is tanking and people out of work, there will be a lot coming up before long I'm afraid (me included in a few weeks should my company go belly up). This is not a good time to be working for an airline...

I wish you well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Buddy owns a LGS in Mooresville. It is a small shop. They let people in 2 at a time and lock the door. people have been waiting since before he opens all day long. Always at least 5 on the porch and 2 inside.

Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    Buddy owns a LGS in Mooresville. It is a small shop. They let people in 2 at a time and lock the door. people have been waiting since before he opens all day long. Always at least 5 on the porch and 2 inside.
    I stopped in that shop for the first time about a month ago. I was impressed with the inventory they had in that small shop, really nice guys.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Probably not a bad business model in any kind of panic lineup at the gun stores, even if not a virus type concern. Let's him keep an eye on them and also give them some customer service attention at the same time.

Mfoster20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2020
    Noblesville
    Stopped by the cabelas in HTC last night and it seemed half the pistols in the case were gone. Not to mention they had about twenty people lined up waiting for a turn to look at them. Crazy times.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'd just dust of the reloading presses and have at it. With a 1yr old my shooting days are limited to a few rounds out in the back yard. Got enough reloaded for what I own.

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    It always amazes me what I see at Cabelas as far as "buyers", most are inexperienced and we all were at one time. Sometimes I just stand close and try to listen to some of the conversations between new buyers and Cabelas staff....makes me wonder if they ever understand about the correct ammo and usage of the weapon! I tend to call that the Hamilton county crowd who live their life on "plastic" as they seem to have no problem paying full retail...it must be a "cool" thing to do. Now they would only have to drive 10 minutes over to Indiana Gun Club to get guys with actual gun knowledge and a much better deal.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Tucker Carlson had a story on first time gun buyers. Interviewing Tim Schmidt from USCCA now.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Locally it has been very busy at the shop. Combination of people having Tax Refunds and a Pandemic will do that. Inventory is picked over but still plenty of guns and accessories to be had. Reloading supplies started getting hit hard yesterday. Case quantities of cheap 9mm and .223 are gone. Still good inventory of good brass cased 9mm and 5.56. Prices did go up at the wholesale level driving up consumer prices about 20%. So factory ammo costs more but is available and not unaffordable.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Point blank in Greenwood had a pallet of 9mm in 200 round packs today. Lots of pmags too. Gun cases looked noticeably emptier but still a decent selection.

Top Bottom