• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • akrylov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Indianapolis
    We have threads on here for just about everything, except a scheduled Gun Show thread.
    (sorry if this is a dupe, if so mods please delete) I searched but other than the indy1500 I couldn't find anything relevant)

I miss the old Pocket Traders show in Martinsville.

What shows are scheduled?
    1500 was the only acceptable stuff, other shows are small and expensive, like in Muncie, alot of old dudes who want 800 for 15-year-old glock. But 1500 was not that much better, just bigger

akrylov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Just got back from Greenfield. I went through both buildings in about 20 minutes. Not a single ammo can in sight. Probably 95% of the guns were new stuff. I think there were probably more non-gun tables than gun tables. Lots of knives, reloading stuff, magazines, expensive ammo and flea market stuff. Wasn't worth the trip for me.
    Exactly, not many guns itself but at least good ammo, I was able to buy some rare calibers, the only good thing about my trip

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Hey Brian! When is the Kokomo/ Greentown / Howard County show?
    The Greentown show is July 23rd and 24th at the Howard County Fairgrounds in the Tennis Center.

So far, every vendor that I've talked to that usually did the Kokomo show has said that they plan to be there. The building has a lot of potential. I estimate that I can get almost 500 tables in the building. It's actually larger than the area of the building in Kokomo where the show used to be (it was nearly full when we had 380 tables). Plenty of parking all the way around the building, good lighting and AIR CONDITIONING.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The Greentown show is July 23rd and 24th at the Howard County Fairgrounds in the Tennis Center.

So far, every vendor that I've talked to that usually did the Kokomo show has said that they plan to be there. The building has a lot of potential. I estimate that I can get almost 500 tables in the building. It's actually larger than the area of the building in Kokomo where the show used to be (it was nearly full when we had 380 tables). Plenty of parking all the way around the building, good lighting and AIR CONDITIONING.
    Last time I was at those fairgrounds was 1978 or 9...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

How far south do you come with gun shows? As in the closest show to Ripley County.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    How far south do you come with gun shows? As in the closest show to Ripley County.
    The closest we get to Ripley county would be Greenfield, Richmond, Stout Field (Indianapolis, southwest side) or Bloomington. Honestly the promoter has never been able to keep a show going in that part of the state, we just never had enough customers. We used to do Batesville, North Vernon, Columbus, Madison and Rushville. We no longer do shows at any of those locations because we simply could not sell enough product to make it profitable.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The closest we get to Ripley county would be Greenfield, Richmond, Stout Field (Indianapolis, southwest side) or Bloomington. Honestly the promoter has never been able to keep a show going in that part of the state, we just never had enough customers. We used to do Batesville, North Vernon, Columbus, Madison and Rushville. We no longer do shows at any of those locations because we simply could not sell enough product to make it profitable.
    Hopefully I can catch one of them shows and meet you as well as help you help me.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Hopefully I can catch one of them shows and meet you as well as help you help me.
    If you are planning to attend one of those shows, feel free to call the store the week before the show and I can put together an order for you. We bring a lot of stuff to shows, but not everything. It's a lot to keep up with so sometimes I don't realize I'm sold out of something until someone asks for it. Also, if I bring an order for you it will be under the table so you know we won't sell it before you get there.

Edited to add: I won't be at the Bloomington show in September, it falls over my family reunion.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If you are planning to attend one of those shows, feel free to call the store the week before the show and I can put together an order for you. We bring a lot of stuff to shows, but not everything. It's a lot to keep up with so sometimes I don't realize I'm sold out of something until someone asks for it. Also, if I bring an order for you it will be under the table so you know we won't sell it before you get there.

Edited to add: I won't be at the Bloomington show in September, it falls over my family reunion.
    Will do.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Next show up at Crown Point is July 2-3. I'll have a table up there for VFW Post 1279 with $5 raffle tickets on an antique record player that's been updated to bluetooth with modern high end car audio gear. Power is by a very clean, and strong Soundstream MC140X 4 channel amp. Infinity Reference series 6.5" speakers replace the single original one, and an 8" Memphis Audio sub in a sealed down firing enclosure is powered by two channels bridged. You pair it to your phone, and play whatever music you have, or want to stream. It sounds good, and can jam quite loud. It has two lithium ion batteries for long play, and wheels to move it around. There's also a port so you can charge your phone from it.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Last time I was at those fairgrounds was 1978 or 9...
    They have been doing the fair there since the 40s. From what I've been told, it's the largest county fair in Indiana. The fair is going on this week and the gun show is only about 10 days away!

We will have a gun show shuttle to transport customers to and from the parking lots. If you see a Kubota RTV driving around the parking lots, wave them down for a free ride!

Top Bottom