• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    and when you walk out of the restroom, not seeing any of those "steps", just a gun in someone's hand?
    If they're pointing it at somebody and their body language says 'aggressive' or 'problem' then it's an issue.

If I walk out and it's simply in their hand and they're either looking at it or simply talking - I'd probably simply ask that they not play with their firearm in a public place.

None of this is to say I wouldn't be ready as I try to always be ready, part of being situationally aware.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So what do you think....mbills2223 and MikeDVB are the same guy with 2 INGO profiles? One posts and the other pats him on the back. I don't think I need 2 profiles.....

What? Just because two people disagree with you that makes them one in the same? Let me assure you that they are not alone!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I guess so...

It seemed/seems to me that you were being quite serious, and a few others in this thread have said the same thing. There is/was no reason for me to believe you were kidding just because you made a reference to A Christmas Story.

Yes, I have. Several times every December for as long as I can remember.

:rolleyes: Really...?

Really! Go back to your hole. Or would you rather I post links to other threads on this forum that you have been trolling and called out for it already. Get back on those meds! :):

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    morons and criminals wave their guns around in public.. how many people get killed while you are determining which is in front of you?

You're starting to sound like one who would argue that we take all guns away to prevent deaths...

There is a difference between looking at a firearm and going on a shooting spree. Even "waving" a gun around is a far cry from being a clear and present danger.

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    and when you walk out of the restroom, not seeing any of those "steps", just a gun in someone's hand?

I'd still make sure that his stance/actions weren't aggressive before I did anything serious. My hand might start moving towards my weapon, but after realizing he was just doing something not incredibly intelligent, I'd pass it off as adjusting some article of clothing, or something.

OP, I'm 100% dittoing Mackeye. Take all of what we say with a grain of salt and get yourself a little more educated on the issue.

I was lucky enough to be raised in a family where even pointing a toy gun at something that you didn't intend to destroy was reason for a whooping. At least your shellacking is coming on an online forum and not in the face of rather imposing leather belt. ;)

Oh, and don't EVER let anybody else on the internet convince you that you need to be denied the right to protect yourself. You made a mistake, but you are in the process of learning from it. (Which is why I rep'ed you, before anybody else goes off on why your rep is growing)

:welcome: to :ingo:. Stay around, the furor will die down.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    man, and I thought I got beat up when I mentioned I was a lib.. Keep your head up man.. you effed up.. you owned it.. and you learned from it... no harm, no foul as far as I'm concerned.. Just keep it in the holster next time.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    What? Just because two people disagree with you that makes them one in the same? Let me assure you that they are not alone!

Damn, I accidentally signed into my 'IndyDave1776' account for that last post... Meant to do it as some-other-forum-user.

Can you believe I've only been repped once today?

We/I've been found out! :runaway:

Really! Go back to your hole. Or would you rather I post links to other threads on this forum that you have been trolling and called out for it already. Get back on those meds! :):

:rofl:

sybil.jpg

A family portrait of IndyDave1776, MikeDVB, and mbills2223

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    . Without thinking it through I unholstered and unloaded the gun before showing it to him at the bar.

Not wise on your part. I kind of agree with the bartender on this one. Exercising your constitutional right is entirely different than showing off your gear.

If you didnt have the situational awareness to realize where you were, perhaps you should stay away...

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    That sounds like a really good***no no wait I mean BAD idea. If the owner doesnt want guns in his place I doubt having a bunch of people coming in OC is going to help the cause.

Best thing would be to drop the cause and move one. But hey Im really digging this thread :popcorn:

All we actually know is he doesn't want people unholstering coonfingering and playing show and tell with them. How many people in this thread said if it was there bar they'd have done the same thing? How many INGO'ers would ban guns from a business they own?

If they don't want firearms then leave a few no guns= no business and the rest of us stop CCing somewhere and giving money to those that go beyond no stance to take an anti stance. If they don't mind firearms, it shows the rest of us know how to keep them in their holster when appropriate.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    You're starting to sound like one who would argue that we take all guns away to prevent deaths...

There is a difference between looking at a firearm and going on a shooting spree. Even "waving" a gun around is a far cry from being a clear and present danger.

Really? I'm thinking if someone walks into a public area and starts waving a gun around, most would consider that a danger. It's certainly not going to attract positive attention.

Top Bottom