• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    did you say, "excuse me while i whip this out" prior to unholstering? Also after dropping the mag, did you extract the chambered round by flipping it high into the air and catching it like in the movies?

Hang in there. I think it takes balz to post about something you did that was so wrong on many levels. I guarantee you, some of the younger ingo'ers will remember this post next time they consider whipping it out in public. I hope you don't lose your job after the bartender tells everyone what you did....you know he will right? better have an excuse at the ready. maybe something like a stranger roofied you and you lost your damn mind and don't remember anything after your first beer.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    What's the establishment? Perhaps a bunch of us could OC there regularly and demonstrate safe carrying of firearms to balance out the PR mess this is becoming.

That sounds like a really good***no no wait I mean BAD idea. If the owner doesnt want guns in his place I doubt having a bunch of people coming in OC is going to help the cause.

Best thing would be to drop the cause and move one. But hey Im really digging this thread :popcorn:

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    D A M N ! I' m feeling my liquor, and I've been abused on website before, so, I'm gonna leave this alone......:xmad::xmad::xmad:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    So he's lucky that someone being far more irresponsible than he was didn't murder him?
    This ^

Any responsible carrier would know that somebody pulling a firearm from their holster is not all that is required. An imminent fear of severe injury or death is required... Somebody who carries is going to be smart enough to know that a firearm simply being un-holstered isn't in and of itself cause to shoot. There is a lot of context that goes into a good shoot, a lot more than simply the presence of another firearm.

I would say he's lucky somebody else didn't lay into him verbally for his actions. If I were at a restaurant and I saw somebody unholster and unload a firearm I would definitely make it very clear that they should not be doing this.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    DO NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER COONFINGER. KEEP IT IN A HOLSTER, ESPECIALLY IN PUBLIC. YES I NEED CAP-LOCKS ON BECAUSE I'M HOLLERING. THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BAN YOU. I went out with my family tonight and kept my SR9 in my SERPA CQC. Stayed in until I got home and changed.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I'm a little late and didn't read this whole thread but I must say what you did was very irresponsible. And that is an understatement. That establishment did the right thing by banning you and you should be lucky they'll let you come back. You're very lucky you didn't have a negligent discharge otherwise you'd probably be on national news right now.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    The thread title should be "HELP: Banned from restaurant for a Good Reason"

It was incredibly dumb to handle your firearm at a bar, in public, with no safe backstop. We all have heard from Kirk Freeman many times that a gun may discharge while being unloaded even if your finger is off of the trigger.

I not on support the restaurants decision, but I would hope that they would do the same thing in a similar situation. No reasonable person could ever criticize the establishment for banning you.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    So what do you think....mbills2223 and MikeDVB are the same guy with 2 INGO profiles? One posts and the other pats him on the back. I don't think I need 2 profiles.....

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Did I need to make it purple for you?

I guess so...

It seemed/seems to me that you were being quite serious, and a few others in this thread have said the same thing. There is/was no reason for me to believe you were kidding just because you made a reference to A Christmas Story.

Surely youve seen a christmas story.

Yes, I have. Several times every December for as long as I can remember.

Does your momma know you are on the net so late?

:rolleyes: Really...?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I can't see it, but I'm going to guess Pinchaser is still trying to get the last word? Wonder if he'll quote me even though I can't see what he's posting anymore...

Hmm... Food for thought.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I can't see it, but I'm going to guess Pinchaser is still trying to get the last word? Wonder if he'll quote me even though I can't see what he's posting anymore...

Hmm... Food for thought.

QFT

(That should really get him going)

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    Unholstering in a public establishment...........REALLY??? :dunno: I can't figure out why they wouldn't welcome you back.

Top Bottom