• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hiserman79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Madison
    Well I disagree with everything everybody else said above.
    I think it was a great idea to pull your gun out in public, But an even greater idea to tell you story here! First you get banned from an establishment that you evidently need access to, and secondly, you get a record breaking public flogging right here on INGO.
    And you make the rest of us feel good about ourselves because we either:
    1) didn't make such a mistake and/or
    2) didn't post it here.

-- end of virtual purple --

Honestly, this thread will do two things:
    1. Inform those who need to learn about such thing and
    2. Make you feel about 2 inches tall.

Hang in there. About 53% of those above are rooting for you.
    23% are a$$wipes
    and 24% have done worst than you.
    (PS. I'm in either the 23 or 24% above - you decide)

By these numbers I am 100% yeah I aced it!

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    ohno.jpg

I just couldn't help myself! :)

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I highly recommend you take some Force on Force training, your advise on this topic is severely lacking.

Or do you wait until someone starts SHOOTING before you react?

No. Don't recall saying that. :dunno:

According to the OPs story, he unholstered and then cleared the gun. You don't take aggressive counter action the minute you see a gun unholstered, and you certainly don't take aggressive counter action when the next step is clearing the weapon.

If you were taught in force on force training that you draw down the minute you see another individual with a weapon, then you may want to ask for a refund.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I repped him with "Hang in there - we all make mistakes. INGO is a great place to get some *real* feedback and not that sugar-coated crap."

TopGun9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Thanks, Obviously new to CCW. I am signed up for a NRA training course next month and will not carry until then. I have already reached out to management to discuss the situation and continue my apologies. I was a tall man before tonight but have read each post and taken in each with respect and understanding for the responsibility of gun ownership. Thanks to those who reprimand but encourage. I will be dragging my less than 2 inch self off this forum for today but will revisit to drill down on how bad my decision was. Thank you.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    BIG mistake and it could have ended up much worse. I know I woulda been ready to throw a glass or bottle at ya, at least, if I seen it and for some reason wasn't armed. Don't mind some of these guys on here, though. You're a new guy and started out with a story of you doing something dumb. It's kind of like a hazing here on INGO. Just make sure you learn from your mistake at the least. Thick skin and the ability to discern help and someone being a **** is a definite must on here. Lots of good info and good people.

And some more tips for new guys; The LTCH isn't going away anytime soon, OC vs. CC always ends up with people bickering and in a pissing contest as does Glock vs. 1911 and 9mm vs. .45.

Welcome to INGO and try to have fun :P

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Thanks, Obviously new to CCW. I am signed up for a NRA training course next month and will not carry until then.
    I wouldn't leave myself defenseless like that, I would just exercise more caution when it comes to carrying. Training, however, is always a good idea. Contact Tactical Firearms Training or Rhino here on the forums.

Don't pull the weapon out unless you intend to use it or you're in a safe place to load/reload. When I unload or reload my pistols I step out back and point them at the dirt... If it goes off - nothing hurt but my pride.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    No. Don't recall saying that. :dunno:

According to the OPs story, he unholstered and then cleared the gun. You don't take aggressive counter action the minute you see a gun unholstered, and you certainly don't take aggressive counter action when the next step is clearing the weapon.

If you were taught in force on force training that you draw down the minute you see another individual with a weapon, then you may want to ask for a refund.

mbills2223 - several of us have tried to help you in this thread but you continue to refuse to let us do so. It's time to admit that you are on the wrong side of the debate and move on. What the OP did was idiotic. It was unacceptable. We have tried to explain why. Just let it go and seek guidance outside of this thread.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I wouldn't leave myself defenseless like that, I would just exercise more caution when it comes to carrying. Training, however, is always a good idea. Contact Tactical Firearms Training or Rhino here on the forums.

Don't pull the weapon out unless you intend to use it or you're in a safe place to load/reload. When I unload or reload my pistols I step out back and point them at the dirt... If it goes off - nothing hurt but my pride.

QFT

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Thanks, Obviously new to CCW. I am signed up for a NRA training course next month and will not carry until then. I have already reached out to management to discuss the situation and continue my apologies. I was a tall man before tonight but have read each post and taken in each with respect and understanding for the responsibility of gun ownership. Thanks to those who reprimand but encourage. I will be dragging my less than 2 inch self off this forum for today but will revisit to drill down on how bad my decision was. Thank you.

+1 for taking it like a man.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    mbills2223 - several of us have tried to help you in this thread but you continue to refuse to let us do so. It's time to admit that you are on the wrong side of the debate and move on. What the OP did was idiotic. It was unacceptable. We have tried to explain why. Just let it go and seek guidance outside of this thread.
    Do you have to have the last word? If not - let it go.

If you do, I pity you.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

lul wut? Just when I think you couldn't possibly get any more arrogant. Ignore.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    What's the establishment? Perhaps a bunch of us could OC there regularly and demonstrate safe carrying of firearms to balance out the PR mess this is becoming.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    You are lucky that while you were coonfingering your own gun that someone else there that was carrying didnt think you were about to rob the place and shoot your eye out! :dunno:

My first time to use the term coonfingering in a INGO paragraph! :rockwoot:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    What's the establishment? Perhaps a bunch of us could OC there regularly and demonstrate safe carrying of firearms to balance out the PR mess this is becoming.
    The issue isn't that he carried, but that he unholstered a loaded weapon in a public place without cause to do so (i.e. there was nothing he intended to shoot).

I wouldn't call it a PR nightmare unless it hits the media.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    You are lucky that while you were coonfingering your own gun that someone else there that was carrying didnt think you were about to rob the place and shoot your eye out! :dunno:

My first time to use the term coonfingering in a INGO paragraph! :rockwoot:

So he's lucky that someone being far more irresponsible than he was didn't murder him?

Top Bottom