• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    More capacity is always nice but you're kidding yourself if you think you're going to shoot the entire crowd. At some point you WILL run out and the surviving members of the mob will grab you and tear you apart like a pack of hyenas.

The solution to protecting yourself against mob violence is not "well I'll just keep two funsticks in my back pocket and an extended mag in my G19 and god help any mob that comes after me 'cause I got enough for them all". You can only orient one direction and engage one target at a time, you WILL be flanked and overwhelmed and killed.

Mob defense is about intelligence, shelter, mobility, and concealment. Identify and anticipate a mob situation and either shelter from it or get mobile and get out of the way without drawing attention to yourself. "I need more capacity because of mobs" reeks of the way people think when they have no skills beyond the gun.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Funny thing (not really) about number of rounds needed is I have seen many videos of mobs hearing one shot and suddenly scattering and running like roaches when a light turns on.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    More capacity is always nice but you're kidding yourself if you think you're going to shoot the entire crowd. At some point you WILL run out and the surviving members of the mob will grab you and tear you apart like a pack of hyenas.

The solution to protecting yourself against mob violence is not "well I'll just keep two funsticks in my back pocket and an extended mag in my G19 and god help any mob that comes after me 'cause I got enough for them all". You can only orient one direction and engage one target at a time, you WILL be flanked and overwhelmed and killed.

Mob defense is about intelligence, shelter, mobility, and concealment. Identify and anticipate a mob situation and either shelter from it or get mobile and get out of the way without drawing attention to yourself. "I need more capacity because of mobs" reeks of the way people think when they have no skills beyond the gun.

You were saying?

[video=youtube;HnsKqZD82EU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnsKqZD82EU[/video]

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You were saying?

[video=youtube;HnsKqZD82EU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnsKqZD82EU[/video]

The guy who sought out the crowd and was going around arguing with and pushing people until someone decided to shut him up with a skateboard to the face? Perfect example of someone who should have acted intelligently and avoided the entire situation in the first place instead of starting whatever **** he felt like because he believed his big bad gun would protect him from consequences.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The guy who sought out the crowd and was going around arguing with and pushing people until someone decided to shut him up with a skateboard to the face? Perfect example of someone who should have acted intelligently and avoided the entire situation in the first place instead of starting whatever **** he felt like...

Agreed. But that was not the point.

...because he believed his big bad gun would protect him from consequences.

Spoiler alert: It did. The leftist mob scattered like the cockroaches that they are.

And that's the point. You don't always know when the mob is going to pop up.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think most of us have a caliber and capacity level we are comfortable with. It’s going to be different based upon our experience, thoughts, area we frequent, physical abilities, etc. thumping our chest and demanding everyone think as you do, won’t likely change anyone’s mind.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think most of us have a caliber and capacity level we are comfortable with. It’s going to be different based upon our experience, thoughts, area we frequent, physical abilities, etc. thumping our chest and demanding everyone think as you do, won’t likely change anyone’s mind.

Just need to carry one round of 45 acp... ;)

117200475_1734510763364433_6808888961739293127_n.jpg

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia

yep. Actually practicing, training, competing, and developing your skill set is a lot harder than getting in a comfort zone and tote around 78 rds on you. But as posted elsewhere in this thread to each their own.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    yep. Actually practicing, training, competing, and developing your skill set is a lot harder than getting in a comfort zone and tote around 78 rds on you. But as posted elsewhere in this thread to each their own.

I largely don't disagree with that statement, but the two aren't mutually exclusive. Some of the most highly trained best shooters I know also carry more than one gun and extra magazines.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I largely don't disagree with that statement, but the two aren't mutually exclusive. Some of the most highly trained best shooters I know also carry more than one gun and extra magazines.

yes. they are the exception as I have always said ALL equipment is ability driven. Don’t matter what your vocation is or was, you don’t achieve a skill set automatically with your employment. It takes hard work, lots of rounds and a clearer view of EVERYTHING involved in achieving your personal best in skill set. Can’t buy it through accessories. Can‘t learn it when you are focused on just one aspect of gun use. Many trap themselves into believing the gun only has one purpose. Master it first then apply it to whatever you need. I knew a guy who carried a guitar All of his life wherever he went and it never needed new strings.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

Exactly bug can follow the same rationale as extra magazine. Never a bad idea because even avoiding stupid, stupid places, and being aware you can still end up in a tight spot.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I have recently changed many things. We have had several armed robberies and carjackings lately where a vehicle full of armed thugs show up and demand your phone, wallet, vehicle etc. My old EDC Shield was put away and my less comfortable but more capable Sig P229 is now carried daily with a spare magazine. Round count to me has become more important than round size. I would rather have enough ammo to give each attacker a couple of rounds to stop their actions than only have enough to shoot 2 or 3 of them and leave 1 fully able to fire on me as I try to reload a magazine. With the recent violent riots lately, I am adding a AR15 pistol to my vehicle as a better option if needed. Sure I try to avoid any situation where I would need any force at all to stay safe, but sometimes you just happen upon a group of wild animals intent on harming you and I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I am also considering some CCW insurance, CCW Safe is the company I am thinking of using. I figure as the culture of the liberal Democrat mayors and governors keep charging the victim and allowing the attacker go free, having a group of lawyers at the ready and having the money upfront paid for legal expenses and even a civil suit would be peace of mind in case I could not avoid a self-defense shooting situation. Personally, if I have a way to avoid it or leave, I will in a second. If left no other choice, then I guess I will do what I must and hope the jury is fair.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Actually, never think a skateboard isn't being used to hide a pair of knifes they plan to use to end your life. When slowed down, you can see the one guy has a knife in each hand. Those that think a guy who is being attacked by multiple radical antifaf types is just looking for trouble, hasn't been paying attention lately. An example would be guy has a doctor appointment, leaves the building and is walking to his car, then suddenly finds himself being attacked by people who simply don't like his hat. It can and does happen. We all try to avoid having to use force to stay safe, but if you must use force, have enough to handle the job. I don't try to mow an acre of grass with a weedeater and I don't plan to carry a 5 shot revolver in today's climate of violent mobs. Multiple attackers is becoming the new normal now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNqu2NTpkoM

Top Bottom