• ...and so much more!
  • sawgunner74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    nwi
    top shot

hello,watched top shot on history channel last nite(who came up with this)i liked the show and how they vote the bottom two out then they have a shoot off,but i could not belive mike the former marine and proshooter could not hit a target at 100 yards with an 03 springfield(he needed a spotter?)it must have been nerves,the wind was blowing but a 100 yards how did he get on the show.our unit just shot at drill this weekend and a guy shot 122(thats bad out of a score of 250)but this guyis supposed to be pro.anyway check outthe show its good next week handguns.

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Ducky - Colby seemed like a cool guy, in our limited actual interactions he mentioned that he owns a couple of ARs. The show was actually filmed in the People's Republic of California.

shooter521, yes this is my (and the rest of the competitors) first time seeing the show. I think the weirdest thing for me is that the hour of TV that we saw last night represents THREE DAYS of my life, so there's a lot that happens in the house, on the range, and in interviews that doesn't make the cut for TV.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I found the show to be pretty good. It seems odd to me seeing Colby playing the part of Jeff, but that aside, it was a good show.
    I'm glad the mouthy "pro" was the first to go. Having a 700 I liked the challenge. With the vegetation background it would be a ruff location to spot.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    the woman sucked. i hope she is next. i also didnt like the "good ole boy club" that wanted to keep mike around based soley on his rep. that made me mad, and showed me they probly didnt have combat experience, because in real life actions speak louder than words or reputation, or rank. Mike sucked under preasure, and it showed. The guy who spotted mike was telling it like it was, and i liked that, and would have expected the rest of the team to be with him. the kid, kelly wipped the floor with mike and i was thrilled. Also the spotting I saw in this episode sucked nutz. i hope the show gets better from here. I wonder how they found some of those people?

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I wonder how they found some of those people?

That's a good question! Perhaps Ahab could shed a little light on the selection process. Was it by invitation or open application? Was there a competitive weeding-out process that went on like "American Idol," or were those decisions made behind the scenes?

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I actually can't discuss the audition process beyond saying that it was open auditions out of which 50 were selected for the in person casting, and of those 50 the 16 of us were chosen.

The one thing about Mike is that I had known of his rep prior to the show, but he truly was a class act in person. His exit interview on History Channel really shows a lot of the class that we saw in person.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    I enjoyed it a lot. My Wife watches a lot of those "reality" shows and I get stuck watching them way to often. While its the same as far as format its much better than the them and it is getting people who are not familiar with fire arms closer to them and may intrest some people into shooting sports IMO. We'll be rooting for ya Ahab... Not that it matters since its over though lol.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Here is a link to History Channels Caleb - AKA INGO's Ahab

Meet Kelly Bachand — History.com Video

I know I saw a video of your audition video - I believe it was on the History web site if I find it I'll post the link.

Caleb thanks for answering our questions - its rare to have a behind the scene person with the answers. Makes it twice as interesting. To bad there isn't a call in voting I'm sure you would have had INGO vote for you each week.

So many of the contestants I've not heard of but their resume is impressive.

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    Did not like the show format and was surprised at the terrible shooting. With those 4 rifles and 50 and 100 yard targets it should have been a cake-walk. I am just an average dim-witted range Nazi and there is no way I would miss a target over 30 times at 100 yards with an 03 or 03a3 Springfield. The targets were the best part of the show when they were eventualy hit,

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    What I find funny is, he complains about not getting to "show his skillset" but
    WHY IN THE WORLD, would he chose to compete against Kelly in what you would have to assume would be a rifle challenge?

I knew he was gone the second he shot the kid's target.

I think Brad is another pistol shooter, so at least he could have gone toe to toe with him, regardless of the challenge.

Maybe he was hoping it was anything but a rifle... seemed silly to me.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    first off, Ahab(Caleb) thanks a lot for being such a good sport and answering so many questions.

Mine: Was Kelly's shooting as impressive in person as it was on tv? I don't know a lot about his back ground, but in the show it seemed like a peice of cake for him, like "another day at the office." I know he's a rifleman, but to me, that was just plain amazing shooting.

And the exploding targets looked to be around 4-6" in diameter for the 50, 100, and maybe 200 yard shootings., and maybe two feet in diameter for the 600 yard targets. Is this an accurate assessment?

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    You know, I never actually saw Kelly shoot that challenge. Blue team was chilling out at the house lifting weights and socializing with one another while red team was shooting. That being said, from what everyone on Red team told me, yes his shooting was just as impressive in real life as it seemed on TV.

Not sure about target dimensions, but IIRC the 50s were 8 inches and the 100s were 10 or 12.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    When the red team had the first elimination shoot at the end, they mentioned they were using Remington 700s.

Did anyone hear what caliber they were using? Assuming a 308?

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Should we be looking for any budding romances or anyone using nudity to get peanut butter and chocolate?

also, since they where talking about it like it was a sniper rifle, i sure hope it was .308.

Top Bottom