• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    ducky - no, the Red Star has not contacted me for an interview, neither has WTHR or any of the others.

Miguel - IIRC, Kelly told me afterwards that it was a .308, yes.

Seancass - I have a funny story about nudity on the show that if we're ever at a bar with a couple of pints I'll tell you. But not here.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I caught most of the show and enjoyed what I saw. Seemed like a combination of the "Survivor" and "Ultimate Fighter" reality shows with shooting skills as the theme. Personally, I would have enjoyed it more without the "reality show" format. However, that format is very popular right now so maybe it will inspire more people to get interested in shooting sports. I know the people on the show probably didn't need to be reminded about safety, but I kind of wish they would have talked more about it for the viewers sake. I did miss parts of the show so maybe they did and I missed it. I will plan on watching in the future.:yesway:

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Looks like a cool show. It's also cool to see one of our own on the show, kind of surreal. I actually got my wife to sit down and watch it with me (she watches all those other shows with similiar format minus the guns). She actually liked it! DVR is set and it will be interesing to see how this unfolds. I was impressed by Kelly's shooting, the camera angles did not give the yardage they were shooting at any justice. Caleb, hope to see you do well!

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Darn! I don't have cable, will they be doing reruns?
    I guess I'm going to need to get out of the stone-age and get one of those TV box things.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    1st off congratulations on being 1 of 16, that in itself is a feat. The icing on teh cake is that you were repping IN. The only thing that would of made it par for the course is if you were from NWI!!!

LOL... seriously, though, I know you probably are under contractual obligations as to what you can talk about so my question will not be on those lines.

My question is were there pre concieved notions about some shooters starting off the competition that played into the attitude certain people got in teh house. I know the production department is going to edit the show the way they want, and from the looks of teh 1st show there was already alot of " nut hugging" basd on previous events instead of what was going on right then and there. Very clique like.

Your thoughts on that if it's something you care to talk about.

TIA

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Seancass - I have a funny story about nudity on the show that if we're ever at a bar with a couple of pints I'll tell you. But not here.

well hell, sounds like a trip to brads brass flamingo for thirsty thursdays is in order :D my treat!!

Why don't you guys come up to munster, I need to break in teh new Weber. I wouldnt mind hosting a Top Shot BBQ if your willing to take the ride.

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I for one did not like the show much at all. The shooters were arrogant, and worse, they couldn't back it up! I'm no marksman, but I know that I could hit a 50 and 100 yard target with a rifle. Now set an archery target to that range, and I'll have some trouble. I will probably watch the next episode, but it better be damn good, or I'm back to Family Guy.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    This was the stupidest TV show I have ever seen. Using huge spotting scopes on 8 in. exploding bullseyes at 50 yards with a rifle? My grandmother shoots better than these "professional shooters". This show gives shooting competition a bad name.

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Drail - I can shoot 1/4 MOA with my keyboard too. :)

For people with questions, tonight on my weekly radio show I'm having a Top Shot Q&A. The show goes live at 9pm Eastern time at www.blogtalkradio.com/gunnuts and you can listen to the streaming broadcast and call in with questions. The call in number is 347-539-5436, so feel free to give me a call on the show tonight! I'd love to hear from some INGO folks.

As far as the show personalities go, I can say that everyone on the show was picked for their shooting skills AND their personality. While I don't think that the editors would "creatively edit" the show, it's definitely going to be interesting to see the characters evolve as things go on.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Either your very naive or doing a heck of a job playing a poker face for teh show if you believe it isnt edited to get exactly what the producers need and that's ratings. As with every reality show there needs to be a heel and a good guy. This week the good guy was Kelly playing David beating the "Goliath" experianced veteran.

I agree everyone was choosen for a reason, and the "role" they will play is going to be decided by producers.

As you even said, you don'trealy know where you gotthe " little giant" title from... guess what, theres your role!

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    So just out of curiosity, is the entire show already recorded and now they'll just show it week by week? Or do they record a few episodes in advance so that you're always recorder a few weeks in advance?

If the entire show is recorded, do they make sign something saying you're not allowed to tell the winner?

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Yes, there are contracts that are signed by all. Confidentiality is of the highest priority. And from his comments one of the things he has to keep hush hush is the application process.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    As with every reality show there needs to be a heel and a good guy. This week the good guy was Kelly playing David beating the "Goliath" experianced veteran.

Do you think that's why they picked long distance shooting as the challenge (Kelly's specialty) vs practical pistol (Mike Seeklander's specialty)?

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Yes, the entire show has completed its filming process and is "in the can".

As far as the "creative editing" goes, what I mean by that is that there isn't any need for the editors to "create" a story. The cast did that just fine simply by being ourselves. Sure, some sound bytes may get presented out of context, but what you see is actually what happened on the show.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Here is the quoute I took of what he said:

I actually can't discuss the audition process beyond saying that it was open auditions out of which 50 were selected for the in person casting, and of those 50 the 16 of us were chosen.

As far as teh challenge between Kelly and Mike..... I wont speculate on if that was put together to favor Kelly. The challenge part may be a luck of the draw it may be decided after the 2 contestants are namd. It's tuff to say. Again, producers have the final say.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    As far as the "creative editing" goes, what I mean by that is that there isn't any need for the editors to "create" a story. The cast did that just fine simply by being ourselves. Sure, some sound bytes may get presented out of context, but what you see is actually what happened on the show.

Oh, Ok I see. Ya I can see this group of guys , and girl, running with the show.

Recipe for Drama:

3 parts ego
    5 parts attitude
    1 old guy
    2 parts Drama
    1 young guy
    1 chick
    4 parts bad acting
    stir in million dollar house and poof...... Reality Show :popcorn:

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Yeah, when you have a group of experienced, competitive people in a small environment, the **** can get real pretty quick.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    It's funny because although I have been in the firearms bussiness for 10 years my "real" job was with a major "communications" company for 14 years. Actualy my old employer was one of the 2 owners of History channel. I've had a turn or 2 behind teh scenes of "reality based programming. You want real drama.... look into a board meeting when it come to show ideas!

Top Bottom