Found a picture of Allen!
    crybaby.jpg

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I love it when people utilizing a free, privately owned and operated website complain about the rules on that website. It almost sounds like this individual felt entitled to the privileges of this board (posting in the classified section), without first putting in the work (being an active, productive member of the society/board).

The parallels to the current state of our nation are staggering.

ihunt

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne area
    Rules are impotant and I appreciate the need to participate before having the opportunities as those that have been here longer. It is difficult not to bring up an old topic or something that you know probably has been discussed before. I have taken part in many other forums and see the same things going on with repeated topics.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Somebody here told me I was a jerk for calling ROCKY out with his BS post too!!!

That's OK INGO members watch out for INGO!!!!!!

To those who gave me rep for calling a turd a turd thank you.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Boo hoo. Can anyone link me to a time that a MOD belittled anyone for posting a new thread about the same ol' topic? I didn't think so. In fact, if I linked every thread about 9mm Vs .45 or Glock Vs. XD my monitor would explode.

FWIW, this thread is NOT going to evolve (again) into a debate over the 50 post requirement...

:mods:
    I have never been treated rudely by a Mod, but I will say
    I have had a couple of threads closed for reasons I did not understand. One of them was closed because it turned out to be a duplicate of another thread. That's fine, but things were said in that thread that I would have liked to respond to. Seemed to me like merging it with the other thread would have been a better way to go.

The other thread was one that I lost track of for a couple of weeks, then when I found my way back to it, the thread was closed because the OP had been "answered". Still there were comments that I would have responded to if I could have.
    Having said all that, if I didn't want to be here, I would just go away.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    See guys, this is why we are always harping about "we don't want this to become another CraigsList or HoosierTopics for guns".

Bruenor - your post is spot-on.

Delmar - sometimes the reason we take a specific course of action isn't obvious to the membership-at-large. If you are ever unsure, PM whichever Mod happens to be online at the time and ask if we can open it back up for you. We'll either figure out a way to allow you to post, or explain more clearly the reasoning behind its closure.

I find one of the biggest issues we face as Mods, is that people's assumptions are usually skewed (as assumptions generally are) and they tend to see malice in any action we take.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Poor Allan, poor poor Allan. He says members here are immature and yet he goes on a public forum to cry about it, showing his maturity.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    See guys, this is why we are always harping about "we don't want this to become another CraigsList or HoosierTopics for guns".

Bruenor - your post is spot-on.

Delmar - sometimes the reason we take a specific course of action isn't obvious to the membership-at-large. If you are ever unsure, PM whichever Mod happens to be online at the time and ask if we can open it back up for you. We'll either figure out a way to allow you to post, or explain more clearly the reasoning behind its closure.

I find one of the biggest issues we face as Mods, is that people's assumptions are usually skewed (as assumptions generally are) and they tend to see malice in any action we take.
    Just to be clear, I have never assumed I was treated with malice. I am aware that when you decide to take action in a particular thread you are using your best judgment, and you are not necessarily even taking the same action that another Mod, on this forum, would have taken if he had dealt with it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just to be clear, I have never assumed I was treated with malice. I am aware that when you decide to take action in a particular thread you are using your best judgment, and you are not necessarily even taking the same action that another Mod, on this forum, would have taken if he had dealt with it.

That paragraph wasn't directed toward you personally, but rather a general thought. My main point was that there are often factors at play that the membership just doesn't see. Sometimes folks get upset by things we do, not realizing that there was more to the story.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    That paragraph wasn't directed toward you personally, but rather a general thought. My main point was that there are often factors at play that the membership just doesn't see. Sometimes folks get upset by things we do, not realizing that there was more to the story.

running an internet forum is a lot like running a government. you know better than the average slob, and sometimes you have to make decisions he wont understand. its pretty simple really.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    running an internet forum is a lot like running a government.

No, actually its not. Unlike the government, INGO is privately owned and operated.

you know better than the average slob, and sometimes you have to make decisions he wont understand. its pretty simple really.

You and I both know that's not what was meant.

Example: New poster joins and immediately starts spamming the board to reach 50 posts. Other members notice this. They also notice that his user title has changed to "BANNED", and yet he only signed up 12 hours ago. They assume we are now taking a MUCH harder line on the issue, and that the power has run to our heads and we're not giving people their fair shake anymore.

Now, what they didn't see was the polite PM sent to this poster by the Mod that noticed the blatant spamming, kindly referencing the rules, and showing where to find them. They also didn't see the enraged PM response from the poster, telling the Mod to essentially "stick it", all while continuing to spam the board with one-liners. They didn't see the PM that Fenway sent to the poster, again asking to abide by the rules, or they wouldn't be welcome to post anymore. And again, the general membership didn't see the shower of expletives from the poster, sent directly to the Site Admin. Fenway pushes the BAN button, and the site is a much better place because of it.

Yet, amazingly, we're still the power tripping jack boots.

I'm just trying to give folks some perspective. :ingo:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    No, actually its not. Unlike the government, INGO is privately owned and operated.

You and I both know that's not what was meant.

Example: New poster joins and immediately starts spamming the board to reach 50 posts. Other members notice this. They also notice that his user title has changed to "BANNED", and yet he only signed up 12 hours ago. They assume we are now taking a MUCH harder line on the issue, and that the power has run to our heads and we're not giving people their fair shake anymore.

Now, what they didn't see was the polite PM sent to this poster by the Mod that noticed the blatant spamming, kindly referencing the rules, and showing where to find them. They also didn't see the enraged PM response from the poster, telling the Mod to essentially "stick it", all while continuing to spam the board with one-liners. They didn't see the PM that Fenway sent to the poster, again asking to abide by the rules, or they wouldn't be welcome to post anymore. And again, the general membership didn't see the shower of expletives from the poster, sent directly to the Site Admin. Fenway pushes the BAN button, and the site is a much better place because of it.

Yet, amazingly, we're still the power tripping jack boots.

I'm just trying to give folks some perspective. :ingo:

Now that would be some good reading, ya'll should post those. :D

:ingo:

Top Bottom