• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    That's probably bee a stinging rebuke if I hadn't been too lazy to read it. What's it say?

A department that showed up to an autistic kids birthday party when none of this classmates did.

Nope. Departments that pay and have reasonable morale get hundreds to thousands of applicants per spot. Now if they actually hire "the best" as opposed to deciding things like "diversity", "that guy's daddy worked for us" or the like is sometimes debatable and probably beyond the scope of this thread.

I don't even know where to go with the body armor comment. I'm a pretty smart fellow per the testing. I'm pretty well trained by both the military and LE. I don't reckon any of that has made me bulletproof. Tactical vehicles has been addressed ad nauseum. Just out of curiosity, do you know how many of our local murders in Indy have been with an AR or AK style rifle? I do. I'm pretty glad our SWAT units and the like have access to armored vehicles.

I said many, not all. Some are certainly better than others.

I don't take issue with proper body armor or weapons. In fact, if the system was used properly, I don't think armaments would be an issue at all. But many departments have shown that they can't even be trusted with their bare fists, let alone armored vehicles.

I would want every good officer to have any equipment he needs, if the system wasn't set up to allow the bad ones to abuse it.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Lawsuit coming in Pusok case - News - DesertDispatch.com - Barstow, CA

Apparently the officers involved are on 'administrative leave', and under investigation. The suspect is out on bail. And, no surprise here, a lawsuit is imminent.

Prior clashes may factor into San Bernardino County beating inquiries - LA Times

Pusok claims that there has been a history of harassment by local police officers. He also claims that he ran because he feared another beating from this police department, and believes that his lengthy pursuit may have saved his life thanks to the cameras that finally arrived.

Much of his criminal history does seem to revolve around 'resisting law enforcement'. His lawyer claims that the 'animal cruelty' charge occurred when Pusok shot his own dog that had been severely injured by a neighbor's dog. And his girlfriend insists that most of the charges have been 'trumped up' over the years.

I'll be curious to see if he is actually charged with any of the crimes they were initially coming to arrest him for.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    This guy better take that money and move. If it's true that he has been harassed by LE in the past, they will really have it in for him now.

Those cops were ridiculous. A lot of these "police beatings" are probably justified, but what that video showed is just sickening.

Top Bottom