• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I rarely go to places where I can't carry, and unless absolutely necessary, I WILL NOT go places I can't carry. I carry from the moment I get out of bed, til the moment I get back into bed, and when I'm in bed, it's just an arms reach away. (actually, there are several guns within arms reach of the bed).

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I work in ILL...so that leaves out carrying to and from work. I do carry as soon as I get home and on weekends.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    I carry about 80-90% of the time.
    The times I am not carrying is when I have a Dr.appointment,going to the Post Office or a government building.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Everywhere but work... I work at a state (mental) hospital, which is on the same grounds as D.O.C. ... Kind of a gray area if I can keep it in my truck, so I just leave it at home.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Everywhere but work... I work at a state (mental) hospital, which is on the same grounds as D.O.C. ... Kind of a gray area if I can keep it in my truck, so I just leave it at home.

Mental hospital?
    Is that another name for the State Capitol? :dunno:

:laugh:

RTroy29035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Everywhere I legally can.

I work at a University so I do not carry my weapon to work, since I am a law abiding citizen. However once I get home I take the weapon out of the safe and it stays on my person until I go to bed. The only exceptions are when I have to go somewhere where I cannot legally carry such as court to my kids high school, etc...

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I am 48 yrs. old and just recently started carrying. I am trying to carry on the weekends when I leave home but to be honest it is taking some getting used to. It seems like more trouble than it's worth.
    I'm not giving up on it, just gotta get used to it.

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    I carry everywhere I legally can. I cannot carry at work due to company policy but it is locked up in the truck. The only time I don't carry outside of work is when I am helping my wife (a teacher) work on her classroom. Other then that it is on me or in my truck.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    I work at a University so I do not carry my weapon to work, since I am a law abiding citizen. However once I get home I take the weapon out of the safe and it stays on my person until I go to bed. The only exceptions are when I have to go somewhere where I cannot legally carry such as court to my kids high school, etc...

You would still be a law abiding citizen if you carried at the University, you would just be breaking the school's policies, and putting your job on the line.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You would still be a law abiding citizen if you carried at the University, you would just be breaking the school's policies, and putting your job on the line.

How can you be a law-abiding citizen when breaking the law? :dunno:
    The university being a school it is against the law to carry there, it would not just be breaking the school policy but also the state law.
    That's not like in a store where its only a policy with no law behind it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    How can you be a law-abiding citizen when breaking the law? :dunno:
    The university being a school it is against the law to carry there, it would not just be breaking the school policy but also the state law.
    That's not like in a store where its only a policy with no law behind it.

Universities/colleges are not schools according to Indiana law definition.

Not illegal - just policy.

fwacfred

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    MYRTLE BEACH
    Its illegal for me to carry at a university, but thats ok because no one needs to protect themselves, because every quarter mile or so there is an emergency button you can press after you have been assaulted, beaten and robbed and the campus police will come when they get the alert. But i always do when i am home,i wouldnt if there were emergency buttons, because they keep college campuses so safe!.

You need to check the state statute. I don't think a college or university is on the list of prohibited places. IANAL though. I carry all the time at my college. Glock 36 in an IWB.

IC 35-41-1-24.7
    "School property" defined
    Sec. 24.7. "School property" means the following:
    (1) A building or other structure owned or rented by:
    (A) a school corporation;
    (B) an entity that is required to be licensed under IC 12-17.2 or IC 31-27;
    (C) a private school that is not supported and maintained by funds realized from the imposition of a tax on property, income, or sales; or
    (D) a federal, state, local, or nonprofit program or service operated to serve, assist, or otherwise benefit children who are at least three (3) years of age and not yet enrolled in kindergarten, including the following:
    (i) A Head Start program under 42 U.S.C. 9831 et seq.
    (ii) A special education preschool program.
    (iii) A developmental child care program for preschool children.
    (2) The grounds adjacent to and owned or rented in common with a building or other structure described in subdivision (1).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom