g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    most of the time

I would have said "all the time" but I don't when im in school. Besides that I carry anywhere and everywhere I am LEGALLY able to do so.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Universities/colleges are not schools according to Indiana law definition.

Not illegal - just policy.

Oh sorry then, I didnt know that.
    That's a good news for college students who are LTCH holders.

So I can walk thru a college campus with my gun and I wouldnt break any law?

If I break the college policy (and im not a student) by doing so they could just ask me to leave just like in any store with a "no gun" sign right?

Well if you CC you wouldnt have to worry about that anyway.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Any time I go out. I dont carry in the building at work, but I leave it locked in a glove box. I dont carry at home because I have loaded long guns where I can get to them easily. If I am conducting a Craigslist transaction out of my home, I will OC my pistol, simply because it is easier to get to if need be. Same goes if I am expecting someone unfamiliar to be in my home (like the Dish Network or Frontier Communications techs).

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I voted rarely. I can't carry at work, it has to stay in my glove box. Company policy forbids "weapons" on company property, including the parking lot but they can't do anything about that since this summer (they're not an exempt employer). I just haven't gotten into the habit of carrying it usually otherwise.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    I Wish I could say all the time, but i'm probably around a quarter of the time because I can't carry on campus

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I Wish I could say all the time, but i'm probably around a quarter of the time because I can't carry on campus

I read on some posts that some students carry on campus, its not illegal by law from what I understand with the proper licence.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    I read on some posts that some students carry on campus, its not illegal by law from what I understand with the proper licence.

I am not aware of any law that prohibits carry specifically on campuses, but I do know that it is against university policy, and I just don't think its worth getting kicked out of school, and because I am also a university employee I don't want to lose my job

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I carry everywhere except to school and the post office. I carry to the bank, I carry to the grocery store, to the mall, to and from my Marine drills, to dinner, on 4 hour drives to my mother's, on 2.5 hour drives to my father's, pretty much anywhere.

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    I carry everyday. Granted sometimes all I am carrying is a Ruger LCP but I figure a .380 is better than nothing.

I didn't feel that way but I just feel like I have the responsibility to carry. Having a child has really brought out the protective beast in me.

Top Bottom