• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Damienabbadon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2021
    Terre haute
    You know just because Im to open about the problem I'm experiencing and the fact I like to give context let me rephrase. [How do I get a copy of my bill of sale if I don't have my bill of sale]

Last edited:

Damienabbadon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2021
    Terre haute
    Why is a detective involved?
    It was left behind when I stayed in a cabin the gun wasn’t supposed to be there in the first place I packed the wrong bag and yes I know I need better gun safety but I kept it in the bag because I didn’t want visitors seeing it and it’s the most accessible place at that time before I got my safe but it’s not legal trouble they understood I just need proof I own it

Damienabbadon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2021
    Terre haute
    It was left behind when I stayed in a cabin the gun wasn’t supposed to be there in the first place I packed the wrong bag and yes I know I need better gun safety but I kept it in the bag because I didn’t want visitors seeing it and it’s the most accessible place at that time before I got my safe but it’s not legal trouble they understood I just need proof I own it
    I probably didn’t explain well enough but I didn’t bring the gun to the cabin intentionally once I realized what happened I called let them know and asked them to give it to the sheriff it’s protocol anyways

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Are they asking for proof that you own the bag it was in, or anything else in the bag? And I still don't understand why the need for a detective. Seems like it would be between you and the owner of the cabin.

Damienabbadon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2021
    Terre haute
    It wasn’t in the bag when I left was the problem I took it out and packed the bag but forgot to put it back in that’s my fault I can describe the clips how many rounds all the way to what clip rattles and where my Velcro is peeling but that doesn’t prove anything

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It wasn’t in the bag when I left was the problem I took it out and packed the bag but forgot to put it back in that’s my fault I can describe the clips how many rounds all the way to what clip rattles and where my Velcro is peeling but that doesn’t prove anything
    Do you have the serial number recorded anywhere, or a picture of the gun?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I probably would have just left the gun in the bag and not said anything at all.
    No one would have known you have it, unless they were in your bag for some reason.

Could your ex have reported it stolen?
    Is that why they want proof?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Are they saying you need to prove ownership so they can give it back?

The fact you know it's there and how it got there should prove something. Is anyone else trying to claim it?

If they don't return it tell them you want to report a stolen firearm, It was stolen out of a bag you had in a cabin.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Are they saying you need to prove ownership so they can give it back?

The fact you know it's there and how it got there should prove something. Is anyone else trying to claim it?

If they don't return it tell them you want to report a stolen firearm, It was stolen out of a bag you had in a cabin.
    As I understand it, he called the owner of the cabin and told them to give the gun to the sheriff.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    1-mistakes.gif

Damienabbadon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2021
    Terre haute
    I probably would have just left the gun in the bag and not said anything at all.
    No one would have known you have it, unless they were in your bag for some reason.

Could your ex have reported it stolen?
    Is that why they want proof?
    My plan was to put it back in the bag but I agree I could have just left it in there I was just worried it would get damaged it’s my first firearm and it’s possible I assume but the detective can’t even find the case it’s self now I’m worried that she may have reported it stolen and picked it up but she didn’t know about it beging given to the sheriffs department it’s not registered they called me first when I had it turned in

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    What is your gun that is missing?
    As in brand, caliber etc.
    Is it something that the Police may want to keep? Like damn this is nice, and no one knows we have it. He trusted us to keep it safe.
    Let's tell him we can't find it, and we're too busy to look for it.

And just tell you it's missing, or can't find the paperwork.
    Did the cabin owner actually turn it over to the Police?

I have a basic distrust of people.
    If I were concerned about it being damaged, I sure as hell would not let other people handle it.
    They will not handle with the same care as you would.

I have known of IMPD officers (anti-gun) intentionally running guns under a stream of water before turning them into the property room, where they may sit for a year or more.

Yeah, people suck sometimes. Just because someone has a uniform and badge doesn't mean you can trust them, or that they automatically do the right thing.
    They're just people, that some department took a chance on.

Next time, just don't say anything or draw attention to the fact that you may have a gun.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    As for the LE's that are on the forum, my comments are not directed at any of you.

The same sentiment can be said about Firefighters, Clergy, etc. People that are in positions of trust and authority.

We all know it's true.

Damienabbadon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2021
    Terre haute
    Possession is 9/10ths of the law. She has the gun so she has the upper hand.
    If you don't have a bill of sale, its going to very hard to prove ownership unless you have texts/emails of the transaction.

PS....how about a little punctuation? It makes for much easier reading in these forums.
    If she has the gun yes that’s true. What I’m trying to figure out is how can I obtain a bill of sale if she didn’t give it to me is it even possible? Also my texts with her are in the Wabash river completely unrelated but that’s all I have left.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom