Damienabbadon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2021
    Terre haute
    What is your gun that is missing?
    As in brand, caliber etc.
    Is it something that the Police may want to keep? Like damn this is nice, and no one knows we have it. He trusted us to keep it safe.
    Let's tell him we can't find it, and we're too busy to look for it.

And just tell you it's missing, or can't find the paperwork.
    Did the cabin owner actually turn it over to the Police?

I have a basic distrust of people.
    If I were concerned about it being damaged, I sure as hell would not let other people handle it.
    They will not handle with the same care as you would.

I have known of IMPD officers (anti-gun) intentionally running guns under a stream of water before turning them into the property room, where they may sit for a year or more.

Yeah, people suck sometimes. Just because someone has a uniform and badge doesn't mean you can trust them, or that they automatically do the right thing.
    They're just people, that some department took a chance on.

Next time, just don't say anything or draw attention to the fact that you may have a gun.
    I’ll keep that in mind, and it’s just a basic stock room Taurus G3 9mm with a dual green dot flashlight attachment. with it is 2 magazines one is a 17 round “extended clip” the other is 15 rounds both clips are loaded with blazer 124 grain 9mm round bought from academy where the gun was originally purchased from as well. As for the cabin owner turning it over to them definitely I revived a call from a detective Hartley road the officer who picked it up letting me know they have it. He proceeded to tell me I would need to show proof it’s mine. I assume this is all just because of sub laws to prevent people who are not allowed to own firearms from retrieving it. I wasn’t even given a case number and that’s why this detective is having problems finding it ig but I don’t trust people either.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Since she won't communicate with you ask the detective if he/she can try and contact her. If she won't answer the phone maybe a visit to contact her and hopefully get it cleared up.

Damienabbadon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2021
    Terre haute
    A tid bit of Information i just remembered is when I bought the gun from her she didn’t do the paper work for a few months even though I kept asking her. By the time she finally did the paperwork she back dated it. What got her to do the paperwork is I told her that the gun was in law enforcement possession. That’s what jumpstarted her to actually do the paperwork. I doubt she’s claimed the gun let alone will.

Damienabbadon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2021
    Terre haute

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Well, if you don't get it back, consider the amount you paid for it as a fine, levied by the fates, for your carelessness in the handling of a firearm. Probably worth whatever you paid for a Taurus to take it as a lesson and walk away. Tuition at life university.

And next time remember, without some kind of record, you don't own the gun.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    My plan was to put it back in the bag but I agree I could have just left it in there I was just worried it would get damaged it’s my first firearm and it’s possible I assume but the detective can’t even find the case it’s self now I’m worried that she may have reported it stolen and picked it up but she didn’t know about it beging given to the sheriffs department it’s not registered they called me first when I had it turned in
    The sheriff's department should have a record of the gun being picked up from the cabin owner. It would include brand, model, and serial number. They may have even given the cabin owner a receipt with the same information. The cabin owner should be able to corroborate your story to the sheriff and give you the receipt, if it exists. If the gun had been reported stolen, they would have told you that. There is no gun registration in Indiana.

Damienabbadon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2021
    Terre haute
    The sheriff's department should have a record of the gun being picked up from the cabin owner. It would include brand, model, and serial number. They may have even given the cabin owner a receipt with the same information. The cabin owner should be able to corroborate your story to the sheriff and give you the receipt, if it exists. If the gun had been reported stolen, they would have told you that. There is no gun registration in Indiana.
    Yeah I figured they would tell me if it was reported stolen I’m not worried about me being charged for any crimes. I haven’t done anything we’ll neglect of a firearm but even though I’m claiming responsibility it wasn’t me that packed the bag to begin with. I claim responsibility due to I let someone else grab a bag to pack it since they needed one. Owning two of the same bags isn’t ideal as I know now I haven’t contacted the cabin owner it hasn’t occurred to me to contact them. I have the number of the first detective.I’m just waiting for the detective I’m communicating with to hear back from the other detective.

Damienabbadon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2021
    Terre haute
    Well, if you don't get it back, consider the amount you paid for it as a fine, levied by the fates, for your carelessness in the handling of a firearm. Probably worth whatever you paid for a Taurus to take it as a lesson and walk away. Tuition at life university.

And next time remember, without some kind of record, you don't own the gun.
    I’ve already considered that. I’m taking claim for something that’s both my fault and not. It’s my fault for not buying a safe instantly. It’s not my fault at the same time due to I didn’t pack the bag and I have two of the same. I also assumed that the person I let borrow the bag for the trip would have the sense to question the approximately 3 pound shirt in the bag. But yeah it’s a lesson.(no sarcasm) my friend kept apologizing and I’ve told him the same thing.

Damienabbadon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2021
    Terre haute
    My comment about it not being registered was because I was emphasizing that she didn’t know where it was if it was with local or sheriff and she didn’t know if it was even in or around indiana she knows I would take trips north often so yeah lmao I’m just explaining that it’s unlikely she retrieved it. And I know I’m all over the place in this thread I’m not good at talking. I also have terrible memory so somethings come to surface often.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I packed the wrong bag and yes I know I need better gun safety but I kept it in the bag because I didn’t want visitors seeing it

It wasn’t in the bag when I left was the problem I took it out and packed the bag but forgot to put it back in that’s my fault

My plan was to put it back in the bag but I agree I could have just left it in there I was just worried it would get damaged

even though I’m claiming responsibility it wasn’t me that packed the bag to begin with. I claim responsibility due to I let someone else grab a bag to pack it since they needed one.

It’s not my fault at the same time due to I didn’t pack the bag and I have two of the same.

So you packed the bag and could have just left it there but also you lent the bag to someone else who packed it. The person didn't notice the gun while packing but then somehow did and instead of just putting it in your bag, that you were not afraid would damage it when you put it in the first time, were now afraid it would damage it. So instead you gave it to the police somehow or other. Maybe through an intermediary. Because no guns in the cabin because why, exactly?

I don't know what happened, but it's none of this ******** you're trying to pass.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom