• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    I would say drugs. Guys methed/cracked out beyond recognition, they require more than a normal dose most of the time. Plus if you shoot them to the ground it's not a war crime. Maybe IDK.

Mag dumping a guy is going to make sure you get the point across and you get live practice reloads. The gift that keeps on giving if you will.

Yeah yeah "only rounds that hit count" "anyone worth shooting is worth shooting twice" "Accuracy by volume" "F%$# that guy! if they're taking my weapon I won't be volunteering ammunition" "Just hit the off switch" "One shot! One KILL!"

Mag dump is also useful because you don't have to take any of the ammo back. Sometimes. Maybe.

BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    I just watched a video of a guy that evaluated a AR 15 versus a M1A on the basis of how accurately he could shoot them while doing a mag dump at 20 yards.

I can understand a controlled pair or even three for each rifle. I don't understand the need to empty your magazine into the body of just one assailant .

I have considered myself a rifleman for well over 50 years. That means precision fire out to 500 yards. A round fired every 4-5 seconds.

Please educate me. What is the purpose of a mag dump besides burning up all your ammunition? I really want to kn2 to the chest,
    2 to the sternum, 1 to the fatal "T", then move onto the next guy.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Longer strings of fire highlight deficiencies in your recoil control that 2-3 shots might not. For example, with a handgun, if you're firing doubles and milking the grip between each set, you won't really see how poorly you're resisting movement in the gun. For an evaluation like this, he was likely just testing how controllable each gun was rather than treating it as a tactic.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Longer strings of fire highlight deficiencies in your recoil control that 2-3 shots might not. For example, with a handgun, if you're firing doubles and milking the grip between each set, you won't really see how poorly you're resisting movement in the gun. For an evaluation like this, he was likely just testing how controllable each gun was rather than treating it as a tactic.
    Respectfully, EVERYONE will have an issue if they go cyclic compared to a 3 or 4 shot string. People get way to wrapped around the axels on a multi shot sting. It’s physics and fatigue.

The control and target assessment (is that 2nd 3rd or 4th shot LEGAL and or WARRANTED) if just fine at a .05 or 1/2 second split rather than cyclic LAPD Meteor (aka the gunfighters) have that standard.

Last edited:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Respectfully, EVERYONE will have an issue if they go cyclic compared to a 3 or 4 shot string. People get way to wrapped around the axels on a multi shot sting. It’s physics and fatigue.

The control and target assessment (is that 2nd 3rd or 4th shot LEGAL and or WARRANTED) if just fine at a .05 or 1/2 second split rather than cyclic LAPD Meteor (aka the gunfighters) have that standard.
    Agreed regarding professional applications.

The real rub comes when Nate Noobie, usually unsafely, sprays the bay with his Chinese Junkheap (or homemade AR) and litters the ground with Russian Steel Cases, burns down ranges, does the butterfly grip, destroys range equipment, and smiles showing his three green teeth as he does his dump.

This would be funny if it was not true.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Agreed regarding professional applications.

The real rub comes when Nate Noobie, usually unsafely, sprays the bay with his Chinese Junkheap (or homemade AR) and litters the ground with Russian Steel Cases, burns down ranges, does the butterfly grip, destroys range equipment, and smiles showing his three green teeth as he does his dump.

This would be funny if it was not true.
    The guy I posted about up thread mag dumping his AK-47 for zombie apocalypse practice.
    I found out he was Army 31B.
    This just confirms that they do not require a middle school education for 31B's.
    If you were a 31B I'm sure you heard all the jokes.
    You know ASVAB score of 31 will get you in. :lmfao:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The guy I posted about up thread mag dumping his AK-47 for zombie apocalypse practice.
    I found out he was Army 31B.
    This just confirms that they do not require a middle school education for 31B's.
    If you were a 31B I'm sure you heard all the jokes.
    You know ASVAB score of 31 will get you in. :lmfao:
    With a 31 he could have been a Marine 0311. It would have gotten him a, Hey Bubba, take this satchel and run up that hill and toss it in that bunker. Oh hey, hey Bubba, make sure you pull the cord before you toss it in the bunker.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    With a 31 he could have been a Marine 0311. It would have gotten him a, Hey Bubba, take this satchel and run up that hill and toss it in that bunker. Oh hey, hey Bubba, make sure you pull the cord before you toss it in the bunker.
    31 Bravo is Army Military Police.
    I don't know if it's a joke but they say if you get low score you can still be an MP.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    31 Bravo is Army Military Police.
    I don't know if it's a joke but they say if you get low score you can still be an MP.
    My Thing 2 scored a 93 or 94 on his asvab. I said son you can sit in any seat in the USMC, he responded with I'm gonna be a machine gunner. I laughed and told him the USMC will not waste talent, it just wouldn't do it son.
    He enlisted as a as a 0331 machine gunner, it worked through basic.
    At School of Infantry a First Sergent walked into his third floor barracks and yelled anyone that scored better than a 90 or above to the front now.
    Kid said no one moved, the FS called off seven names, my son was #5. When they were all up front he told them they were now 0352's. My kid was pissed, he didnt know what a 0352 was.
    He was mad all the way through the first missile class. mad right up until he shot his first tow missile.
    After that, not so mad.

cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    I just watched a video of a guy that evaluated a AR 15 versus a M1A on the basis of how accurately he could shoot them while doing a mag dump at 20 yards.

I can understand a controlled pair or even three for each rifle. I don't understand the need to empty your magazine into the body of just one assailant .

I have considered myself a rifleman for well over 50 years. That means precision fire out to 500 yards. A round fired every 4-5 seconds.

Please educate me. What is the purpose of a mag dump besides burning up all your ammunition? I really want to know.
    Clearly you don't remember seeing "Terminator 2: Judgement Day." When your attacker is actually a futuristic, shape-shifting, liquid-based android from the future and you need sustained fire to back him into the cauldron of melted steel... that technique can save the fate of the known world.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Eh. Studies have shown the force with the most ammunition tends to win a conflict. I’d rather carry a ton of 5.56.

Let say this is true (I have my doubts as across the board stats are flawed. Wars are won by a combination of assets)

That said There is a stark HUGE difference between a Military offensive operation and someone just going about their day in town and having a 1 or 2 bad guy in a legal shoot scenarios

If you go through a whole mag I want to read your statement to the police because you’re gonna be famous.

If you go through a mag and reload and go through more rounds you’ll be mentioned in case law more than likely!

Top Bottom