I got pulled over can the cop go in my car take my gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Papabeargsh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Anderson
    I have a friend who is a LEO and he says they use any excuse to pull people over. He says is standard procedure to find real criminals or real violations of the law.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have a friend who is a LEO and he says they use any excuse to pull people over. He says is standard procedure to find real criminals or real violations of the law.

One time, a bunch of undercover narcs wanted to stop a suspected drug dealer. They discussed on the radio that they could not come up with any PC for a traffic stop. My buddy watched him drive by and announced he would be making making the traffic stop because the suspect was driving 31 in a 30 zone. In addition to the other charges for "Real" violations of the law, the perp got a speeding ticket for 31 in a 30.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    One time, a bunch of undercover narcs wanted to stop a suspected drug dealer. They discussed on the radio that they could not come up with any PC for a traffic stop. My buddy watched him drive by and announced he would be making making the traffic stop because the suspect was driving 31 in a 30 zone. In addition to the other charges for "Real" violations of the law, the perp got a speeding ticket for 31 in a 30.

I had a buddy that got ticketed for going 1 mph over the limit and he took it to court. Needless to say, the cop was pretty much laughed out of there.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I was actually talking about removing.the bullets from.the cartridges LOL

No need for a decoy, you don't have to tell them about weapons anyway

It was explained.pretty well in the other.threads I have read on here.

If you don't tell them they won't know, so they won't.be able to care.

But if you say.you don't have any or don't mention any, And.you open up the console to get your papers, and there.is a gun, you will be drawn out at gunpoint.

If you don't want to lie, say you have nothing illegal. And if they continue, answer with a question.
    Just keep your mouth shut. Hand them the license and registration and don't talk :). You do have the right to remain silent - exercise it. It won't get you out of a ticket but if you did whatever you were pulled over for - you deserve it anyways.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As you exit the vehicle, take the keys from the ignition and lock the doors. The officer would have to search your pockets, confiscate your keys, unlock the vehicle and enter it. Once you are removed from the vehicle and the doors are locked, the officer no longer has RAS to believe that your firearm is a threat, especially once you produce your LTCH. (there is case law on this, but I don't feel like searching) If the officer does confiscate your keys to enter your vehicle without your permission, you can file a formal complaint with his department.

I thought police will usually tell you to stay in your car.
    If so, should you ignore them and get out anyway?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I thought police will usually tell you to stay in your car.
    If so, should you ignore them and get out anyway?

Every time I get pulled over I inform the officer that I have a license to carry and my carry gun is sitting next to me.
    They immediately have me get out of the vehicle and go in my car with out my consent and take my gun ,run the numbers run everything then completely disassemble it and remove all the bullets from my mag and put it in my trunk or place parts in various locations in my car. This has happened 3 times now.

OP stated "They immediately have me get out of the vehicle "

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This thread is fun.

I just want to know if the OP is being followed around by giant subterranean worm-like monsters.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'll be driving all over north Lake County today. Maybe I should pre-field strip my gun so the numerous traffic stops I will undoubtedly have will take less time.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The question was answered long ago. The situation(s) that led to the question raises many other questions.

Welcome to the internet.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    I'll be driving all over north Lake County today. Maybe I should pre-field strip my gun so the numerous traffic stops I will undoubtedly have will take less time.

LOL, you are a very good citizen. Save the cops all that time, your a true patriot. ;) Think about all the work your saving those poor cops up north. Now they have more time to get all the gangsta thugs from Chicago coming down to take advantage of Indiana's "easy" gun laws.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    How about me? Most of you guys would probably think some pretty bad things of me if you judge me just by my cover. I look like a dirty, liberal, hippie pothead, but I'm pretty far from it. I'm a white boy, with dreadlocks, a beard, who happens to wear tie-dye sometimes, and I'm a glassblower. If you get to know me, you'll most likely be under the impression that most people who know me are under. I'm a somewhat intelligent, well spoken (in public at least), polite, hard-working individual. I own my own business and don't receive a dime from the government, and darn proud of it. I've NEVER, not once, been "Harassed" by police. Only been pulled over when i was blatantly breaking the law, mostly for speeding.

My choice of grooming is not because I'm a hippie. It's for spiritual reasons. I feel it is a way to connect with my own sense of naturalism. I don't feel brushing my hair, spraying god know what chemicals in it, and shaving my face are very natural ways of life. Call me crazy if you will, but I even use fluoride free toothpaste. Instead of just calling people who don't agree with fluoride dirty hippie liberals, have you ever researched it yourselves? Read the MSDS sheet on it? Read it and you will know why it says not to swallow your toothpaste on the back. Even my dentist doesn't use it. Anyways, I'm going off on a tangent now, so I'll end this and try to keep this thread on topic. Here's the MSDS of sodium fluoride (the most common source of fluoride) for those who care what goes into their body though.

SODIUM FLUORIDE

:lala:

Do you even eat bacon??

Top Bottom