• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PolishBulldog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 22, 2018
    Portage
    BTW, can anyone tell me if Norma USA Match-22 is decent match grade ammo? I'm curious if it would be worth spending the extra money on it as my results with cheap ammo has been great so far. I thought it might be interesting to pick some up, but wanted to see if anyone has thoughts on it.

It's pretty decent stuff but it doesn't nessairly blow my socks off. Watch Cabelas or Midway.com. They always seem to have it for half off or a deal close to that

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thanks for the additional info folks.

It's pretty decent stuff but it doesn't nessairly blow my socks off. Watch Cabelas or Midway.com. They always seem to have it for half off or a deal close to that

Yeah, Midway has some at $140 shipped to my door for 1500 rounds. Honestly one of the best things I like about rimfire and what forced me to pick up the 10/22 was the ability to plink for cheap. Another reason I'm leaning towards just hitting steel at certain distances instead of tight groupings. I like buying 5k rounds of cheap .22 for $.05 per round or less and shooting the heck out of it. I use this cheap stuff in my Victory handgun and it's wonderful and accurate as you need at 7 - 10 yards. The 10/22 likes it for just hitting a large target instead of worrying about groupings... :):

PolishBulldog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 22, 2018
    Portage
    Thanks for the additional info folks.

Yeah, Midway has some at $140 shipped to my door for 1500 rounds. Honestly one of the best things I like about rimfire and what forced me to pick up the 10/22 was the ability to plink for cheap. Another reason I'm leaning towards just hitting steel at certain distances instead of tight groupings. I like buying 5k rounds of cheap .22 for $.05 per round or less and shooting the heck out of it. I use this cheap stuff in my Victory handgun and it's wonderful and accurate as you need at 7 - 10 yards. The 10/22 likes it for just hitting a large target instead of worrying about groupings... :):

I love my Victory too. Check out the Tandemkross trigger if you don't already have it. It's awesome.

If it cycles your gun and doesn't foul everything up too bad, it's worth it's weight in gold.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I love my Victory too. Check out the Tandemkross trigger if you don't already have it. It's awesome.

If it cycles your gun and doesn't foul everything up too bad, it's worth it's weight in gold.

Honestly, I'm amazed at how nice the Victory is. I love it. It has run great with all the cheap ammo I've tried in it. I picked up a Volquartsen carbon fiber barrel for my second one and threw a cheap weaver red dot on it. What a hoot! The Victory is what made me fall in love with 22lr.

Norma match is RWS ......best match ammo .....try SK standard......even CCI standard shines well

I've heard a lot of good things about the CCI standard.

PolishBulldog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 22, 2018
    Portage
    Honestly, I'm amazed at how nice the Victory is. I love it. It has run great with all the cheap ammo I've tried in it. I picked up a Volquartsen carbon fiber barrel for my second one and threw a cheap weaver red dot on it. What a hoot! The Victory is what made me fall in love with 22lr

How do you like that barrel? Is it worth all the hype? I haven't had a single problem with mine (knock on wood). I ended up buying a few more magazines just to give my thumb a longer rest between reloads.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    How do you like that barrel? Is it worth all the hype? I haven't had a single problem with mine (knock on wood). I ended up buying a few more magazines just to give my thumb a longer rest between reloads.

Honestly, while there isn't anything wrong with the barrel, aside from aesthetics it doesn't really do anything for me. I basically ordered it so that one day I could get a silencer for it and be ready to go. Neither of the Victory handguns I've owned has had any issues. I also bought a used one from the classifieds that worked very well. The person who owned it had taken the slide lock out and reinstalled it incorrectly, so I had to fix that, but otherwise it was great. The package included extra mags and the weaver red dot, which I kept when I sold the pistol to my neighbor. Best thing I ever bought for my Victory was this. Loading mags has never been easier and my thumbs are very happy... :):

PolishBulldog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 22, 2018
    Portage
    Honestly, while there isn't anything wrong with the barrel, aside from aesthetics it doesn't really do anything for me. I basically ordered it so that one day I could get a silencer for it and be ready to go. Neither of the Victory handguns I've owned has had any issues. I also bought a used one from the classifieds that worked very well. The person who owned it had taken the slide lock out and reinstalled it incorrectly, so I had to fix that, but otherwise it was great. The package included extra mags and the weaver red dot, which I kept when I sold the pistol to my neighbor. Best thing I ever bought for my Victory was this. Loading mags has never been easier and my thumbs are very happy... :):

Thanks! There goes $10 towards a worthy investment!
    I was lucky enough to get the Victory with the factory threaded barrel.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thanks! There goes $10 towards a worthy investment!
    I was lucky enough to get the Victory with the factory threaded barrel.

Well, the disclaimer is that I don't shoot over 10 yards with my Victory, so the Volquartsen barrel is just for looks and the ability to add a silencer. I'd thought about picking up another Victory with the threaded barrel, but I bought the other barrel instead and saved $100. The Hilljak is the bomb, you won't regret it!

PolishBulldog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 22, 2018
    Portage
    Well, the disclaimer is that I don't shoot over 10 yards with my Victory, so the Volquartsen barrel is just for looks and the ability to add a silencer. I'd thought about picking up another Victory with the threaded barrel, but I bought the other barrel instead and saved $100. The Hilljak is the bomb, you won't regret it!

Smart move plus it looks cool. I'll let you know how the Hilljak is when I get it if I remember. Thanks for the conversation this morning...it made the morning cruise on by.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I have several .22 rifles and have always enjoyed the Rugers. If you are looking at Bolt action and magazine compatability look at the Ruger 77/22 or the Ruger American.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I was following this thread just out of curiosity. I don't have much to add about the rifle, just ammo. I don't shoot 22 rifle at 100 yards very often. I did shoot a lot of pistol silhouette and that is out to 100 yards with a 22 pistol. The most accurate ammo from my Anschütz Exemplar, at 100 yards, was Eley Match Rifle. CCI SV was pretty close and easier (and cheaper) to come by, so I used it most of the time. For my gun, CCI SV shot better than Tenex. I was grateful for that.

I just ran across this 22lr ammo comparison. It is pretty interesting, but remember the results will be different in different guns. This will give a good comparison of how each ammo shot in that test gun. I was not surprised to see CCI SV do very well. It was outclassed by some of the very good, and expensive target ammo, but still did very well. It is always one of the 1st ammos I start with to test a 22lr firearm. It shoots also great in my Pardini at 50 yards for Bullseye shooting. That said, each individual rifle/pistol is different and prefers a specific ammo. Testing ammo in your gun is recommended to find what it shoots best. Good luck.

The Mother of All Rimfire Ammo Tests ? AccurateReloading.com « Daily Bulletin

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Smart move plus it looks cool. I'll let you know how the Hilljak is when I get it if I remember. Thanks for the conversation this morning...it made the morning cruise on by.

Same here. Sometimes the forum helps my work day to flow much better with the great conversations :yesway:

I have several .22 rifles and have always enjoyed the Rugers. If you are looking at Bolt action and magazine compatability look at the Ruger 77/22 or the Ruger American.

Thanks. I've had offers to test out an American, so after I try one I'll look at the 77/22 to compare.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just a heads up on the 77/22, Ruger has discontinued them in 22LR. The current 77/22 is chambered for 22 Hornet. A quick look on Gunbroker shows them in the 500-700 range.

I’d look into one if I could score it on the low end, but I’d struggle to pay 700 on a .22 for my uses and current skill level.

jbrubaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I'm keeping a close eye on the Tikka T1X in .22LR: T1x | Tikka

I love my Reminton 514 single shot and my Savage MK II, but when I get around to adding another one, it will probably be between the Tikka and a CZ.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Make it a INGO event.

1zbuj6g.jpg

CMP kimber 82g with a bit of work done. The last of the cheap gov’ment target rifles ever made.

Top Bottom