On sale now

dzmjgesnsdesb3ykecei.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    CRKT has a couple of RMJ design collars that are very budget friendly! I've got a hawk fetish, RMJ Shrike, A handmade Emerson, an American Tomahawk Lagana, and a CRKT Kangee.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I hate (HATE) Cold Steal, but that said I bought a Trailhawk from an ingo GB before I knew any better, and the think is still a hoot.

I think it was less than $20.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    '2 hawks' tomahawks are nice.

For now if you need cheap buy a cold steel hawk of your choice. If you are halfway crafty you can fix it up alittle. They are good till you can buy something better.

ill second H&B forge out of Ohio. these guys hawks are some of the top hawks and knives used for competitions. Style too!

i carried a "Vietnam hawk" on every deployment. When I didn't have a lot of money as a PFC I didn't see the point of spending hundreds of dollars like others did in my unit (tradition) and then when I could afford it if I wanted to I had already formed a sentimental attachment to my $70 or so hawk so I didn't upgrade. Great hawks for like $100 or so.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Cold Steel would be a good choice, and American Tomahawk Company is a considerable step up. I've had a LaGana VTAC for years, and love it.

Of my nice stuff, I really like Winkler. RMJ is no slouch either.

I've got a soft spot for forward spiked hawks, like the Winkler R&D or the Tracker Dan Graymatter. I think this will be my next purchase:
    http://jrosaknives.com/project/babcock/

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    So - it appears that I'm meeting just a BIT (Ahem) of resistance from my spousal unit...

Considering what we just spent on her eyeballs last Friday, one would think she'd be sympathetic to a $50-ish low-end something or other.

BUT - perhaps it's just because of what we spent on her eyeballs that the resistance is there...

I have grand dreams of fashioning some kind of wooden target in my back yard and, uh, practicing throwing a 'hawk. I think that'd be a great stress reliever when I can't get to the range. :D

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So - it appears that I'm meeting just a BIT (Ahem) of resistance from my spousal unit...

Considering what we just spent on her eyeballs last Friday, one would think she'd be sympathetic to a $50-ish low-end something or other.

BUT - perhaps it's just because of what we spent on her eyeballs that the resistance is there...

I have grand dreams of fashioning some kind of wooden target in my back yard and, uh, practicing throwing a 'hawk. I think that'd be a great stress reliever when I can't get to the range. :D

Just buy it anyway. It's better to ask forgiveness than permission..... :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That's not funny.

Oh, sir, we disagree. I would pay cash, folding money to watch Tactically Fat's wife intimidate you and then give you a sound thrashing.

For the record, I have no doubt that she could do the exact same to me. However, my amusement would be far less pronounced were I the recipient rather than your ginger self.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Ebay has a few cheapiesI have a Cold Steel Trailhawk w/ hammer on back. It was cheap, and plays ok with others. Haven't really thrown it, but am looking for a couple cheapies to do some of that. Good luck. (mine is in my BOB for multi use survival settings)

Top Bottom