On sale now

dzmjgesnsdesb3ykecei.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    CRKT has a couple of RMJ design collars that are very budget friendly! I've got a hawk fetish, RMJ Shrike, A handmade Emerson, an American Tomahawk Lagana, and a CRKT Kangee.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I hate (HATE) Cold Steal, but that said I bought a Trailhawk from an ingo GB before I knew any better, and the think is still a hoot.

I think it was less than $20.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    '2 hawks' tomahawks are nice.

For now if you need cheap buy a cold steel hawk of your choice. If you are halfway crafty you can fix it up alittle. They are good till you can buy something better.

ill second H&B forge out of Ohio. these guys hawks are some of the top hawks and knives used for competitions. Style too!

i carried a "Vietnam hawk" on every deployment. When I didn't have a lot of money as a PFC I didn't see the point of spending hundreds of dollars like others did in my unit (tradition) and then when I could afford it if I wanted to I had already formed a sentimental attachment to my $70 or so hawk so I didn't upgrade. Great hawks for like $100 or so.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Cold Steel would be a good choice, and American Tomahawk Company is a considerable step up. I've had a LaGana VTAC for years, and love it.

Of my nice stuff, I really like Winkler. RMJ is no slouch either.

I've got a soft spot for forward spiked hawks, like the Winkler R&D or the Tracker Dan Graymatter. I think this will be my next purchase:
    http://jrosaknives.com/project/babcock/

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    So - it appears that I'm meeting just a BIT (Ahem) of resistance from my spousal unit...

Considering what we just spent on her eyeballs last Friday, one would think she'd be sympathetic to a $50-ish low-end something or other.

BUT - perhaps it's just because of what we spent on her eyeballs that the resistance is there...

I have grand dreams of fashioning some kind of wooden target in my back yard and, uh, practicing throwing a 'hawk. I think that'd be a great stress reliever when I can't get to the range. :D

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So - it appears that I'm meeting just a BIT (Ahem) of resistance from my spousal unit...

Considering what we just spent on her eyeballs last Friday, one would think she'd be sympathetic to a $50-ish low-end something or other.

BUT - perhaps it's just because of what we spent on her eyeballs that the resistance is there...

I have grand dreams of fashioning some kind of wooden target in my back yard and, uh, practicing throwing a 'hawk. I think that'd be a great stress reliever when I can't get to the range. :D

Just buy it anyway. It's better to ask forgiveness than permission..... :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That's not funny.

Oh, sir, we disagree. I would pay cash, folding money to watch Tactically Fat's wife intimidate you and then give you a sound thrashing.

For the record, I have no doubt that she could do the exact same to me. However, my amusement would be far less pronounced were I the recipient rather than your ginger self.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Ebay has a few cheapiesI have a Cold Steel Trailhawk w/ hammer on back. It was cheap, and plays ok with others. Haven't really thrown it, but am looking for a couple cheapies to do some of that. Good luck. (mine is in my BOB for multi use survival settings)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom