• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Curiouser and curiouser...
    Not really, more like just one more reason to suspect other than ethical business practices.
    The auction company called me today to tell me that the seller had now dropped her reserve price, and they were entertaining new bids...
    I interrupted him to tell him I would not go higher than $225k, which was a $10k increase.
    He told me that they already have a bid much higher than that.
    I informed him that I felt he was running a shady operation and he got really defensive, really fast.
    Almost like he'd heard that before.
    After we hung up I emailed the auction company one last time to ask if they even bothered to tell the seller that my bid was a cash bid.
    I don't expect any further contact.

So, I'm still looking for some property, if anyone can help.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Do you know who the seller is? Since it's near the Deer Creek is it Carroll County? Look it up on Beacon Schneider Link. You or have a 3rd party contact them directly? Just sayin. :dunno:
    :patriot:
    Seller has already vacated the property and moved to Arizona.
    My brother did a search of the property and found the current owner still owes $155k on the property.
    That explains why the unreasonable "reserve".
    They can change after you won?
    That does sound shady
    Yeah, weird huh?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Curiouser and curiouser...
    Not really, more like just one more reason to suspect other than ethical business practices.
    The auction company called me today to tell me that the seller had now dropped her reserve price, and they were entertaining new bids...
    I interrupted him to tell him I would not go higher than $225k, which was a $10k increase.
    He told me that they already have a bid much higher than that.
    I informed him that I felt he was running a shady operation and he got really defensive, really fast.
    Almost like he'd heard that before.
    After we hung up I emailed the auction company one last time to ask if they even bothered to tell the seller that my bid was a cash bid.
    I don't expect any further contact.

So, I'm still looking for some property, if anyone can help.
    Sounds like you did all you could do and left the ball in their court to accept it or not. You made an honest effort especially by upping your offer by $10k. Can't do much more that. I guess it's time to move on. Not sure if I would even trust them any further.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Something weird is going on.
    I just looked at the closed auction page and it now reads, " price realized, not uploaded".
    Wtf?
    I think I got robbed
    I have bid on some things on online only auctions recently, and I have had that same message show up. Here is one example: https://kjauction.hibid.com/lot/159152186/vintage-regent-jarts-outdoor-game?ref=catalog
    Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 17-41-43 Vintage Regent Jarts Outdoor Game Krueckeberg Auction & Realty.png
    I think that is laziness on the part of the auctioneer.

I also think you got hosed, and the whole thing sounds shady. I'm with @DoggyDaddy, notify the AG and see if they do anything about it.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have bid on some things on online only auctions recently, and I have had that same message show up. Here is one example: https://kjauction.hibid.com/lot/159152186/vintage-regent-jarts-outdoor-game?ref=catalog
    View attachment 287395
    I think that is laziness on the part of the auctioneer.

I also think you got hosed, and the whole thing sounds shady. I'm with @DoggyDaddy, notify the AG and see if they do anything about it.
    Mine was run through Hibid as well, but with a different auction company.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wow. I lost track of this thread, mostly figuring it had gone how most threads on INGO usually go—talking about pineapple on pizza, etc. ;)

I’m sorry this has happened to you.

Top Bottom