• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Being a Mod decorum prevents me from describing going full on churchmouse on the 2 idiots in the stall next to me. They went to the front and complained. When I told staff what they did they were severely chastised and they left.

Full on churchmouse is not something you want to be on the receiving end of.

I understand, now me, at the present time I am on a 6 month time out from Elwood CC for a speaking my mind after witnessing a few range infractions that happened while my son and I were shooting over about a 2 week period. ( discharges during a cold range, fondling / sweeping of firearms during a cold range, members just walking downrange to change targets during hot ranges and other issues ) that happened while I was shooting with my son, and having a impromptu meeting with the club Pres and treasurer I told the Pres FU twice and are you Fing Crazy once.. And i sealed the deal with telling the pres,vpres and tres at the next meeting what i really thought. They have so many range issues with some members that the club never does anything about. When the lawsuit happens, its gonna be ugly..
    it was enjoyable and well worth the effort, I'll be back there in late Nov.

To know me is to love me.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I understand, now me, at the present time I am on a 6 month time out from Elwood CC for a speaking my mind after witnessing a few range infractions that happened while my son and I were shooting over about a 2 week period. ( discharges during a cold range, fondling / sweeping of firearms during a cold range, members just walking downrange to change targets during hot ranges and other issues ) that happened while I was shooting with my son, and having a impromptu meeting with the club Pres and treasurer I told the Pres FU twice and are you Fing Crazy once.. And i sealed the deal with telling the pres,vpres and tres at the next meeting what i really thought. They have so many range issues with some members that the club never does anything about. When the lawsuit happens, its gonna be ugly..

Are we related...???

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    At Point Blank in Carmel right now. Nobody knows anything of any NDs or employee injured today. The guy I talked to however, did say there was in fact an ND that occurred in shop a week ago imvolving a man unloading at the counter, but no employees were injured.

Further details:

A man brought a rental gun out from the range into the shop claiming it had jammed. An employee tried clearing it, then the ND occurred. That employee and one other (presumably the RSO at the time) were subsequently let go. The lady I spoke to said they were "two good employees" who had a lapse in judgement moment.

Last edited:

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    If you spend very much time on a public range you will see things you will not believe. Which is why I will never go to one again. Ever. The stupidity of most of our population is beyond comprehension. FWIW I am a retired NRA instructor.

Last edited:

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Are we related...???

Hahahahaha.. I'm thinking about running for a trustees position on the next vote. That club could be a excellent place.. With a board that gave a crap.
    The club has non members that use a back range and shut down that range for classes to make a PT living and pay nothing and donate nothing to the club.
    Dues to join are a huge 65 dollars a year..
    I asked the board last year to have a heavy up done to the elect service, and they asked why ? I said well since non members get to make money off the club a member certainly should be able to, so I want to weld here 2 days a week and let the club pay for the electric. They didn't understand.

The board can't even explain to members what a 502C non profit is.
    They think they can't charge anyone to use the range to make money because we are a non profit.. I kid you not. And it goes on and on and on....

But yes we may be brothers from another mother,,

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    At Point Blank in Carmel right now. Nobody knows anything of any NDs or employee injured today. The guy I talked to however, did say there was in fact an ND that occurred in shop a week ago imvolving a man unloading at the counter, but no employees were injured.

Further details:

A man brought a rental gun out from the range into the shop claiming it had jammed. An employee tried clearing it, then the ND occurred. That employee and one other (presumably the RSO at the time) were subsequently let go. The lady I spoke to said they were "two good employees" who had a lapse in judgement moment.

That's what $9hr gets them...

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I finished shooting the other weekend at Indy Arms and stood outside the range watching folks shoot pistols. Could not step away from the window since I was watching some guy hold a semi automatic pistol sideways while he shot it! I had honestly never seen anyone shoot a pistol holding it sideways! I guess if I had to name that style I would call it "Gangsta Style". :dunno:

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I finished shooting the other weekend at Indy Arms and stood outside the range watching folks shoot pistols. Could not step away from the window since I was watching some guy hold a semi automatic pistol sideways while he shot it! I had honestly never seen anyone shoot a pistol holding it sideways! I guess if I had to name that style I would call it "Gangsta Style". :dunno:

Ugh, I have that friend. I took him shooting once; he started rapping. I wanted to hide under the equipment shelf.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

I shoot sideways all the time. Sometimes upside down even. Been known to do it on one foot.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    [video=youtube;3a5Qth5BPRk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a5Qth5BPRk[/video]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

To know me is to love me.

Just gotta ask... If the range is that bad and the other using it are THAT dangerous, why go back?

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    Like jetgirl (I love being able to say that) I have a coffee cup (she has a jar) of ammunition taken out of "unloaded guns" I keep on the desk...It's overflowing...The last time it happened a lady came in to sell three guns...

"They are all empty" she said as she handed them across the counter.....I shucked the forearm on the pump and a 12 gauge shell landed on the counter, then another, and another, etc....

I then picked up the SKS...She said, "I know that one's empty"....Same thing...

Then came the .22..."Now I know for sure that one is empty.." Same deal...

Nice lady...Just didn't have a clue....

The ammo from those weapons totaled 18 .22 cartridges, 5 12 gauge shells, and 11 7.62x39's....Needless to say her stash got it's own zip lock bag...The cup is full....

So.... How much do you want for those 18 .22 cartridges? :):

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I shoot sideways all the time. Sometimes upside down even. Been known to do it on one foot.

But knowing you and been on the range with you it is with a purpose and I will guarantee you hit what you are shooting at

Still, it is great to watch the expressions on the student's faces... I really should get a video next time he does it, especially if VERT is using his purse...

Top Bottom