• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Whatever I'm carrying that day is with me 24/7.
    If I go to the bathroom, it goes with. When I shower, it is within arms reach just outside the shower curtain.
    When I go to sleep, it is on the night stand next to my head.
    When lounging in the living room, it sits beside me on the end table.
    I have 3 dogs, and while it may be a question as to whether they would attack someone entering my house, there is no question that my neighbors two houses away will hear it. My dogs are extremely vocal. They LOVE to bark at anything that moves.

When I leave the house it goes with.
    Can't really call it "carrying" if you leave it somewhere else.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    As I sit watching a video, 1911A1 strong side, two mags weak side, BUG AIWB, Rifle stoder within arms reach. In a while I'll go to bed and 1911A1 in bedside serpa, BUG in holster affixed inside drawer, magazines remain on belt.

In the morning all goes back to normal.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks for posting that. I have had my eyes on these for awhile, know someone who's happy with it, but they're pricey. Just ordered one myself.

The top of the line model is REALLY cool. It integrates with alarm systems, locks, etc. Imagine your trusted HVAC guy getting there while you are at work and you are able to unlock your door for him while you are still at work. Or you are too lazy to go down and open the door for friends who came over.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The top of the line model is REALLY cool. It integrates with alarm systems, locks, etc. Imagine your trusted HVAC guy getting there while you are at work and you are able to unlock your door for him while you are still at work. Or you are too lazy to go down and open the door for friends who came over.

Yes, I've studied that, they do have some interesting features. Remotely opening the door for the HVAC guy is a little too cool for me, my wife would start shooting and there'd be blood all over the place. Plus she'd be really mad at me. :)

Gonna start start small, and if it works as advertised, grab a couple of their cameras as well.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    As the weather has gotten colder this area has seen a number of people having their cars stolen while letting them warm up. Last week I think I counted 3 or 4 reports of stolen cars.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And Mrs Monkey pointed out today This time of year we see a spike in burglaries. People know houses have more NiB stuff laying around until the 25th, and they want stuff.

Oh and I discovered the hard way that my new Ring doorbell doesnt fit where it can be installed quickly on wood. Hangs over the storm door opening by 1/8" or so. :xmad:

Gonna have to install it on a surface box on the brick work.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    No matter where we are in the house there is something close by to defend with.

If I'm not carrying in house then there is always a weapon within near arms reach

That leads to decision making at times when you may not have a lot of time to think about what is in the room you're in and where it's hidden.

It also must get crowded in houses that have weapons within arm's reach everywhere in the house! Or people have really long arms.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Since the little one came into my life, my guns are no longer within reach. But luckily, I have a medium sized dog that alerts me if anyone uses the driveway as a turn around. Doors and windows are always locked, and lights come on when it’s dark out.

I’m good.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That leads to decision making at times when you may not have a lot of time to think about what is in the room you're in and where it's hidden.

It also must get crowded in houses that have weapons within arm's reach everywhere in the house! Or people have really long arms.

The only time "within arms reach" applies with me is in the shower or bed. Otherwise there is a loaded holster on me somewhere.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rhino again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bwframe again.

Like a Khardashian I have to "spread it around".....

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Cam-monkey, your new PTZ cam sounds interesting... I've been wanting to get one and play with auto track auto zoom.

We run Blue Iris and started with all analog with an Axis 4 port to ethernet box years ago.

We're all IP cams now. How well/easy does the Ring door bell integrate into your setup? I thought Ring was a 'closed system'?

B&G.

:ingo:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The criminal element tends to stay out of the woods, but doesn't mean that I don't keep looking.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Are wifi cams not hackable.

As with most questions, the answer is, "It depends." Ours can be viewed through an app/website. To change anything/shutdown the cameras requires a mouse connected to the NVR. Our alarm system can't be accessed unless you are standing in the house and it isn't connected to the cameras. I like it that way.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I saw where someone hacked and created a loop, robbed stuff and when the loop was removed the tv and other things were gone in about 30 seconds.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom