I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    The classifieds are a privilage not a right. Do your 50 quality posts like everyone else had to.

We dont want to sell our stuff, we want to sell our stuff to someone who is a part of our community, so take your hat off and stay a while before you try to get the perks of INGO.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    there should be a pop quiz before you can make your first post...
    "how many posts does one need to post in the classifieds?"
    "how much does it cost to become a site supporter to get around the post count?"
    "bacon? yes or no"

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Joined recently and saw something I was interested in buying and this site won't let me email, PM or reply to seller. I'm confused--He wants to sell, I want to buy--Why isn't communication allowed unless one has lots of posts?

Simply put, because those are our rules. We aren't Armslist.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Actually, for some people it might be easier to avoid the "50 quality posts" rule by:

• invest in bulletin board software
    • invest in computers, routers, servers, etc
    • invest time learning about how all the software and hardware work
    • invest time putting everything together
    • invest time reconfiguring everything when it doesn't work the first time
    • put the word out that you've got this fantastic gun forum and that everything is free to anyone who would like to post anything
    • discover the concept of online anarchy after you realize your forum has no guidelines ...or FAQ :dunno:
    • come back to INGO and realize that having a "50 post rule" really isn't so bad after all
    I may be missing a few steps, but ...that's the general idea, I imagine. :D

And, if you'd really rather read than write (nothing wrong with lurking), consider that the average gun magazine (the kind on the news stand, not the kind you load your gun with ;)) runs somewhere around $4-5 or so, and consider that you probably buy at least a few of them a year ...springing $15-20 a year for something you can read every day that offers:

• direct access to several firearms, knife, training, and related equipment retailers
    • personal and professional reviews of firearms and related gear
    • updates, trends, and general discussions on issues concerning Indiana firearms laws and policies
    • all manner of topics that aren't necessarily firearms related (though, categorized nicely in there appropriate forums).
    • announcements and discussions of regional happenings, opportunities, meet & shoots (and eats), etc.
    • the opportunity to participate in NFA Day!
    • posts on all things bacon!
    • at least a dozen or two other things
    • ...and, even, classifieds!
    Really, if that aint a deal, I don't know what is! :dunno:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    wel

this is not so bad....because it is called indianagunOWNERS...not Indian-talk-about-gun-owners....It is hard for someone to add something meaningful about guns unless they own a gun....nothing wrong with wanting to be part of the classifieds to get a gun...the site has a lot to offer and the classifieds one of the best parts. You can buy a gun and if you get bored you can easily get another one in the classifieds by trading...
    This is implemented (IMHO), to keep people from joining just to buy something from the classifieds.

You will probably have a hard time finding a member to sell to you even if you had 15 posts and were able to pm. Most guys won't deal with anyone under 50 posts.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Actually, for some people it might be easier to avoid the "50 quality posts" rule by:

• invest in bulletin board software
    • invest in computers, routers, servers, etc
    • invest time learning about how all the software and hardware work
    • invest time putting everything together
    • invest time reconfiguring everything when it doesn't work the first time
    • put the word out that you've got this fantastic gun forum and that everything is free to anyone who would like to post anything
    • discover the concept of online anarchy after you realize your forum has no guidelines ...or FAQ :dunno:
    • come back to INGO and realize that having a "50 post rule" really isn't so bad after all
    I may be missing a few steps, but ...that's the general idea, I imagine. :D

And, if you'd really rather read than write (nothing wrong with lurking), consider that the average gun magazine (the kind on the news stand, not the kind you load your gun with ;)) runs somewhere around $4-5 or so, and consider that you probably buy at least a few of them a year ...springing $15-20 a year for something you can read every day that offers:

• direct access to several firearms, knife, training, and related equipment retailers
    • personal and professional reviews of firearms and related gear
    • updates, trends, and general discussions on issues concerning Indiana firearms laws and policies
    • all manner of topics that aren't necessarily firearms related (though, categorized nicely in there appropriate forums).
    • announcements and discussions of regional happenings, opportunities, meet & shoots (and eats), etc.
    • the opportunity to participate in NFA Day!
    • posts on all things bacon!
    • at least a dozen or two other things
    • ...and, even, classifieds!
    Really, if that aint a deal, I don't know what is! :dunno:

I couldn't have said it better myself :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom