I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I found out about INGO after I googled Draco and read a thread about something innovative somebody (Grunt Soldier) wanted to do with there Draco that I had already done. I joined just so I could help him out reply to his questions. After that I started getting into it reading the posts. A couple weeks after I joined Grunt Soldier came over and I was helping him with his Draco. Once you get into it the 50 posts fly by. INGO is a great place for knowledge exchange. I have met some great guys with similar interests here. I have been known to thread an AK barrel or two, or bead blast parts for members from time to time because I know a lot of these guys would help me if I need.
    My point is you will get so much more out of it if you really DIG IN!:ingo:
    Maybe one day soon, YOU will be blowin some Noobie crap for complaining about the 50 post rule:D

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I joined for info, realized there was a classified section, coughed up that ridiculously high site supporter money so I could buy some goodies. Still here learnin and educatin folks.

INGO:rockwoot:

I became an :ingo: member to help out my fellow :ingo: brothers & sisters with there questions, & the classified well I keep out of them, don't need anymore infractions:D

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I wanted to reply to a thread but I can't because I don't have more than 50 posts?!! What is up with that? I'm on multiple forums and this is the first time that has happened.

Can this be changed?

thanks!

Can you please quit the butt hurt......for my convenience? STFU about the rules and change your pon.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.
    I wanted to reply to a thread but I can't because I don't have more than 50 posts?!! What is up with that? I'm on multiple forums and this is the first time that has happened.

Can this be changed?

thanks!
    Barack???

Is that you???

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Pay your dues and live with it...
    That's just like the attitude in our society today - everybody wants something for nothing!!! No one wants to put in their time or pay their dues anymore.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    I'm relatively new here. I want to be a productive part of the site. However, I got a PM from another member...I cant reply because I only have twelve posts-need 15! So I think well, brass is almost impossible to get right now, I'll postmine for sale..NOT! Need 50 posts(I think). Man! Why make it so difficult for people to correspond?
    OK, rant is over.:twocents:

How did this guy rack up so much red in only 15 posts? They must have been nasty.

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Pay your dues and live with it...
    That's just like the attitude in our society today - everybody wants something for nothing!!! No one wants to put in their time or pay their dues anymore.

Amen Brother. I like knowing that anyone here has spent time and exercised patience before posting an ad I might want to purchase from. It gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling of legitimacy.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    How did this guy rack up so much red in only 15 posts? They must have been nasty.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

For asking questions that had nothing to do with the OP's topic.

Careful, you have been placed on notice.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Just kidding, I was wondering the same thing.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy

Can this be changed?

thanks!

This website is 100% voluntary, if you don't like the rules of this one, just start your own!

casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    If you do not like it, take your sorry attitude to one of those other fora. We have had this discussion repeatedly.:horse:Our Mods have decided to keep it this way for good reasons. :rules: Take a hike! We do not need or welcome trouble making, arrogant sycophants.

:ingo::rockwoot:

You're right.. plenty of those here already. Just kidding! (kinda) :D

But in all honesty, I see the purpose to this rule. It's too easy to set up an account just for the purpose of buying something you see for sale on here. Although requiring 50 posts may not be the best answer either.

I think maybe a lower post minimum plus a waiting period might serve everyone's interest a little better. Some people like to read the forums without actually posting very much. I read, and learned a lot(!), on this site before actually joining.

hoosierken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I haven't been around all that long either. I just figured the minimum of 50 posts was a good way to do a check of a person's character. I think if I would read 50 different posts on different topics I could get a really good idea on whether a member is going to have the character to treat me good when money and gear is being discussed or if they are someone to steer clear of.

I'm guessing that the original creation of these rules were to help members feel safer when dealing with other members.

I'm not in a huge hurry to get to 50 posts. I've seen a couple of items in the classifieds that interested me but I'd rather that fellow members have some trust of me when I do get that honor. Trust, honor, respect...These are all earned and never come easy.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    You're right.. plenty of those here already. Just kidding! (kinda) :D

But in all honesty, I see the purpose to this rule. It's too easy to set up an account just for the purpose of buying something you see for sale on here. Although requiring 50 posts may not be the best answer either.

I think maybe a lower post minimum plus a waiting period might serve everyone's interest a little better. Some people like to read the forums without actually posting very much. I read, and learned a lot(!), on this site before actually joining.

You still don't under stand do you.

Plain and simple it has been determined that as a buyer and seller that it takes 50 posts for members to get a "feel" about you as a member. Letting them know if they want to do business with you or not.

Personally if you had 1 post and contributed to be a site supporter I still would NOT do business with you until you hit 50.

Why, because like Fenway (INGO'S owner) and the mods, I feel the need to gauge your intentions and conduct before making a decision.

It's not hard at all to accumulate 50 quality posts over a 4-5 day period, even if you are a lurker.

Remember, INGO is a FORUM first and foremost, classifieds are just a secondary benefit that goes along with being a member here.

casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    You still don't under stand do you.

Plain and simple it has been determined that as a buyer and seller that it takes 50 posts for members to get a "feel" about you as a member. Letting them know if they want to do business with you or not.

Personally if you had 1 post and contributed to be a site supporter I still would NOT do business with you until you hit 50.

Why, because like Fenway (INGO'S owner) and the mods, I feel the need to gauge your intentions and conduct before making a decision.

It's not hard at all to accumulate 50 quality posts over a 4-5 day period, even if you are a lurker.

Remember, INGO is a FORUM first and foremost, classifieds are just a secondary benefit that goes along with being a member here.

Evidently I'm not the only one who has reading comprehension issues.

I wasn't advocating getting rid of the post minimum, but shifting the focus to a time minimum, like "you must log in on at least 30 different dates before accessing the classifieds." This would ensure that people can't join just to get a specific listing from the classifieds. However, it also wouldn't penalize those who have joined, and have good intentions but are relatively new to the subject and don't want to get blasted on here for sharing their opinions.

Add a quality post minimum to the time requirement and I think that would more effectively deter people from coming on here just to snipe some deals on the classifieds, and still give forum members a way to evaluate them.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS

Can this be changed?

thanks!

I'm having trouble taking the OP seriously.

WHY?

Because the OP has been a member since Jan 2010.... thirteen months ain't exactly what I would consider 'new'. Only 5 posts in all that time? C'mon Connie!?

I am a member of more than one quality firearms sites, and I fully understand the "50-post rule". Like many others have said..... pay the ten bucks and become a contibuting member by posting, too.

Can anyone say 'TROLL'???

Last edited:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I have bought and sold on here (as well as places with no rules) and never did mind the 50 post rule. I try to contribute on a daily basis and have found I spend more time on here than anywhere else. I've always had a good experience with the people I've dealt with and hope to continue that. One thing that does bother me is the few who get the 50 posts and then all they do is buy and sale (you know who you are) with an occasional post here and there.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Evidently I'm not the only one who has reading comprehension issues.

I wasn't advocating getting rid of the post minimum, but shifting the focus to a time minimum, like "you must log in on at least 30 different dates before accessing the classifieds." This would ensure that people can't join just to get a specific listing from the classifieds. However, it also wouldn't penalize those who have joined, and have good intentions but are relatively new to the subject and don't want to get blasted on here for sharing their opinions.

Add a quality post minimum to the time requirement and I think that would more effectively deter people from coming on here just to snipe some deals on the classifieds, and still give forum members a way to evaluate them.

I don't have a reading comprehension, I have a "people who can't understand simple basic rules comprehension".

At one time here in the beginning of INGO the post minimum to access the classifieds was 10, that's right TEN POSTS, but that was changed when it was determined that people was only coming to INGO with the pure intention of raping the classifieds. So after careful deliberations, Fenway and the Mods moved that to 50, but you see that still does not stop it.

You say that you
    "wasn't advocating getting rid of the post minimum"
    but right here you say this:

"you must log in on at least 30 different dates before accessing the classifieds."
    snip..
    Add a quality post minimum to the time requirement
    There's 18 sub forum and 34 advertiser forums here, I don't think you need to penalize an active new member here to 30 different logon's when it's really quite simple to hit that 50, if you change it, some new member will still biotch because all they want to do is get a quick good buy in the classifieds.

Heck if you can't hit 50 post in the break room on some of the active topics other than the Status update thread, I think there's a problem.

The two ways that INGO use to gauge access to the classified are perfectly fine. But once you are here a while you'll see the "Wow I could have had a V8 moment" and realize it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom