I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    I don't have a reading comprehension, I have a "people who can't understand simple basic rules comprehension".

At one time here in the beginning of INGO the post minimum to access the classifieds was 10, that's right TEN POSTS, but that was changed when it was determined that people was only coming to INGO with the pure intention of raping the classifieds. So after careful deliberations, Fenway and the Mods moved that to 50, but you see that still does not stop it.

You say that you but right here you say this:

There's 18 sub forum and 34 advertiser forums here, I don't think you need to penalize an active new member here to 30 different logon's when it's really quite simple to hit that 50, if you change it, some new member will still biotch because all they want to do is get a quick good buy in the classifieds.

Heck if you can't hit 50 post in the break room on some of the active topics other than the Status update thread, I think there's a problem.

The two ways that INGO use to gauge access to the classified are perfectly fine. But once you are here a while you'll see the "Wow I could have had a V8 moment" and realize it.

It's not that I don't understand the "simple basic rule," I just think that there might be better alternatives. I also don't think it's impossible or unreasonable to hit the 50 post mark. I was only saying that I thought a more balanced approach to the rule could still meet the purpose of the rule, in a less burdensome way.

And again, I'm not saying to get rid of the post minimum. I was clearly proposing a simple, and fairly minor, modification.

Just sharing my opinion. Not intended to offend anyone, but I think I am still free to do that. :patriot:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    When I first joined I, too, thought is was wrong but after being on here I can see the reasoning, how many times have you seen someone post a gun for sale at 51 posts and never see them again??? I love Ingo, and want to be a site supporter, but money is tight...soon though!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    It's not that I don't understand the "simple basic rule," I just think that there might be better alternatives.

SNIP

There is a simple and easy alternative....

Don't like the 50 post rule, buy a $10.00 site supporter membership.

The other easy and better alternative, if they don't like the :rules: put forth by the site owner, then don't let the keyboard drawer slam shut on their fingers when they leave.

The 50 post rule encourages you to get involved. GET INVOLVED!!!

This above is so simple that it amazes me that people can't fathom it and I'm always laughing at the amount of people who get (*) Butthurt over it.

Last edited:

casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011

The other easy and better alternative, if don't like the :rules: put forth by the site owner, then don't let the keyboard drawer slam shut on their fingers when they leave.

This above is so simple that it amazes me that people can't fathom it and I'm always laughing at the amount of people who get (*) Butthurt over it.

I'm really not trying to be a jerk here, IBM. Sorry if this comes off that way. But doesn't the $10 site supporter loophole really do the opposite of what you want?

It allows people to bypass the rule, then easily get deals from the classifieds. And it doesn't allow other INGOers to make any kind of judgment about the person before dealing with them. The only thing it tells you is that they have an extra ten bucks lying around.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

The other easy and better alternative, if don't like the :rules: put forth by the site owner, then don't let the keyboard drawer slam shut on their fingers when they leave.

I really enjoy reading well-written, articulate posts from brilliant people.* Well said, Indy.

*Brilliant is defined as "Agrees with me!" Anyone smart enough to agree with me is brilliant. :D

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I haven't been around all that long either. I just figured the minimum of 50 posts was a good way to do a check of a person's character. I think if I would read 50 different posts on different topics I could get a really good idea on whether a member is going to have the character to treat me good when money and gear is being discussed or if they are someone to steer clear of.

I'm guessing that the original creation of these rules were to help members feel safer when dealing with other members.

I'm not in a huge hurry to get to 50 posts. I've seen a couple of items in the classifieds that interested me but I'd rather that fellow members have some trust of me when I do get that honor. Trust, honor, respect...These are all earned and never come easy.

Excellent statement of intelligent thinking. Glad you decided to join :ingo:

casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Sidenote: I do plan to become a site supporter. However, as a possibly conciliatory gesture to those who are upset by my questioning of site rules, I'm going to wait until I've had 50 quality posts, so no one thinks I'm being shady.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm really not trying to be a jerk here, IBM. Sorry if this comes off that way. But doesn't the $10 site supporter loophole really do the opposite of what you want?

It allows people to bypass the rule, then easily get deals from the classifieds. And it doesn't allow other INGOers to make any kind of judgment about the person before dealing with them. The only thing it tells you is that they have an extra ten bucks lying around.

You know what I want is people to stop biotching and adhere to policies set up by the ownership and and mods.

People who PAY the $10.00 membership have shown that they are less likely to be here to pilfer the good prices that are thrown out there by members, it not because they had an extra ten spot laying around. Cheap butt
    moon2.gif
    's are not know for throwing money around to save some.

Sit back, become a respected member and enjoy the site, this is after all a gun owners forum first and foremost with the side benefit of the classifieds.

People who continually biotch about the classifieds take the chance of getting it removed by Fenway for having to put up with the continuing :poop:.

It's really a very simple concept to understand.

Sidenote: I do plan to become a site supporter. However, as a possibly conciliatory gesture to those who are upset by my questioning of site rules, I'm going to wait until I've had 50 quality posts, so no one thinks I'm being shady.

Take note, that members do research previous posts of newer members and have decided to decline a sale because of what has been posted by them previously.:D

Last edited:

mopar70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    North Vernon
    I'm a new mwmber here also, I have no beef with the rules. I paid the 10.00 to become a member. I love the site. It takes $$$ to run a site. My Dad lives in Colorado and would love to have something like this!. I do like the 50 post rule, lets people get to know you.

BTW: Posting that your not happy with the rules does not help!

Rock on :ingo:

Man I've learned a lot here so far!!! Love the site :rockwoot:

Buckhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shelby Co
    This must not be working right now as I have recieved 2 PM's from different people in the last 24 hours both with 15 posts. Neither one were site supporters.

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have been posting here for just over a month and am almost there. Its not that hard. Rules are rules. I think it's a good one. It helps get people involved for the right reasons.

rala

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Evansville
    Sorry I don't get it?

Sorry I don't understand the rules on this forum. the 15 and 50 message requirements don't make sense to me. So I can't send private messages, can't reply, can't contact a seller to an ask about a reloading press. All I can do is express opinions?

I use forums to research technical issues and learn tip and tricks. I was always taught an open mouth = a closed mind. You learn more by listening. I'm not much of a computer guy. I'm old fashioned, I prefer to communicate to people directly.

I guess guys like me aren't really welcome.

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    ...I was always taught an open mouth = a closed mind. You learn more by listening...

Interesting that you opened your mouth to tell us this. ;)

15 posts come up pretty quick, if you're helping to contribute to the knowledge of the forum. 50 posts isn't too far off from there. If you want a loophole around those restrictions, you can become a supporting member and they no longer apply. We've all had the same rules.

Welcome to the forum just the same.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom