• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    And of course, "worst traffic" is subjective; I'll always take Ft. Wayne worst over Indy's best.

I said worst traffic in town, which is not subjective. That's probably the worst place to drive in all of Fort Wayne. I'll double my sentiment by adding that putting a ridiculous stadium in the middle of a bunch of one way roads didn't help anything either. That legitimately added about 10 minutes to my drive to Powers from the north side of town.

As far as actual "normal" traffic goes, I agree with you. People in Indy drive like they're all about to crap their pants. I'll pass on that. I'm not a big city guy anyhow.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    yeah, I miss it.

They also seem to stop immediately on yellow :facepalm:

You'd love it up here, man! Friday I saw *5* cars run a straight up red light with at least 4 cops working an accident on the other side of the intersection. That light is timed super short, so usually 2 will run it every time, but that was pretty ballsy with all things considered.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    If I give that away its cool but if I move heaven and earth then I better by God have a say in it.

I sounded real tough didn't I......:lmfao:

I am about as tough as you when it comes to my girls..........
    OIP.CUzbkWHCzu7LQ_QvmL-f1gAAAA

Don

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Uh......heck it aint. Rolling north on High School Rd just of Crawfordsville. 35 MPH limit and I was rolling 45+ and getting passed by everybody. People running 65+ on Crawfordsville.
    38th St west towards 465 and same thing 55/65 MPH.
    I was rolling 80+ south 465 past the old airport and just keeping up this morning.
    Let's just say I've driven places where they go faster. Detroit was the fastest I can remember. 80 is about normal traffic allowing these days in large metro areas.

People driving that fast in populated areas are just dumb. I drive as fast as anyone on the highway and in the country at times, but not so much in populated areas.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    You'd love it up here, man! Friday I saw *5* cars run a straight up red light with at least 4 cops working an accident on the other side of the intersection. That light is timed super short, so usually 2 will run it every time, but that was pretty ballsy with all things considered.

I'm guessing one of the lights on McKinley between Hickory and Main?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Let's just say I've driven places where they go faster. Detroit was the fastest I can remember. 80 is about normal traffic allowing these days in large metro areas.

People driving that fast in populated areas are just dumb. I drive as fast as anyone on the highway and in the country at times, but not so much in populated areas.

Oh yes I agree. It seems since the LEO are just not present since riots and Mayhem the locals ere running amok around here.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I'm guessing one of the lights on McKinley between Hickory and Main?

E. Jackson and 17 in Elkhart. The turn arrows are exceptionally short and on a good day 5 cars might get through with the last 2 running the red. 5 could get through in regular time if not for the 20 second lead car delay from cell phones. Still though, a 5 car light is short AF.

What I witnessed Friday was the regular number of cars got through, I stopped on red, and 5 additional cars passed me to run the red (dual turn lanes). Again, with a boatload of cops directly across the intersection.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    The only thing I remember from that “other” website was the “upper decker” thread... my God, I thought I was going to bust a gut reading that! “Operation Brown Shark” :laugh:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's hard to really fathom how screwed up the court scheduling is right now due to the COVID back log. The prosecutor's office is jumping out their own backside due to work-to-manpower ratio right now. Even getting a non-major felony/nobody in custody case SCREENED can take weeks.

Don't read anything in to continuances in "normal" times. Definitely don't read anything into them now. Currently, court rooms are often booked for 5 or more cases simultaneously figuring most of them will be resolved pre-trial. If you are 5th priority and any of the others go, you're getting bumped.

Top Bottom