• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I certainly understand your point. There is more to the story, but I won't be posting it in a public forum. I can see now that it looks bad the way I've framed it.

Maybe you'd still disagree knowing the whole story. All I can say is that I stand by my decision. Hard to say what would have happened if I had just arrested her. The outcome would likely be much the same, except her picture would be on the inmate search page of the jail. Charges may still be coming. This was likely the best outcome for her. She was going to lose her job either way.

Thank you for your private message. It explained a lot. I think the confusion was in describing it as a traffic stop. I immediately thought, "pulled over, license and registration please".

To anyone else, not that it matters, but I understand his actions and see why he went that route.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thank you for your private message. It explained a lot. I think the confusion was in describing it as a traffic stop. I immediately thought, "pulled over, license and registration please".

To anyone else, not that it matters, but I understand his actions and see why he went that route.

:yesway:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And how did her boss know anything besides her side of the story? More importantly, how do you know about how her boss feels?

It seems to me that she was guilty of refusal to identify which is a misdemeanor. Fine, take her to jail. You said that you found another way to deal with the issue - did you call her boss and tell him that she was being naughty?

I'm really hoping that I'm wrong. If I am, I'll be happy to remove my posts and apologize, but it seems like you abused your position of authority.

Licensed professionals have to report criminal convictions, maybe even arrests, in the license renewal process....and even if they don’t report, the licensing authorities will do their own checks and healthcare providers will run regular background checks on employees....and no rational person would ant it any other way.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    CPD Commander demoted & relieved of powers. Is this a sign of positive change or is he a sacrificial lamb to the Chicago machine?
    Chicago Tribune: CPD commander relieved of powers, demoted following Indiana traffic stop investigation.

IIRC he was in charge of the Smollett investigation and was largely responsible for getting all the information out in public. I think that may have had a lot to do with it as well as the Mayor hates cops and is out to make sure everyone knows. There are a lot of people in power in Chicago and above that did not really want such a thorough investigation of Smollett.

Top Bottom