• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Me thinks you are being a bit stubborn. Sure you have a right to carry openly--no one is arguing that point--but---in this day and age with all the shootings going on---you are hurting all of us gun owners. Consideration for others---especially when entering a bank or credit union---is certainly warrented. Just my opinon--

I would normally pass on the bait, but today I just don't care.....

What about consideration for the person that's being asked to cover?

Why do I have to be responsible for the happiness and comfort of others ?

All that's being 'done' is carrying a piece of steel and plastic. What's the problem :dunno:

If they're scared of motorcycles, should I be considerate and not ride mine to the bank ?

Just sayin'

:popcorn:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Should one expect to have the security guards opinion forced on themselves when they go to a Bank/CU to do business?
    I would not think the Bank execs would expect their customers to endure this.
    It is obvious from the OPs interaction the security officer really didn't know CU policy and was talking out his butt. He should have kept his mouth shut instead of bothering the CU customers.

It didnt sound like the officer forced his opinion on anyone, at least not any more than someone who OCs their side arm. If I dont want to know ones opinion on OC, yet they walk around with a gun in plain sight, how is that not forcing an opinion on someone? The initial interaction sounded like it was on the behalf of those who work in the CU. Those are the people who that security guard is there to make feel safe, and at there request, he interacted with the OP, and shared his opinion as a result of the interaction.

It would be not the least bit different if you were kissing another man on the sidewalk, and someone else took offense to it and said something to you to that effect. Does that make either of you any more right than the other? No, not really, but you both have the right to have differing opinions, and to offend one another as long as you do not infringe on the others rights or well being.
    The guard addressed the concerns of those he was there to protect, followed a civilized and reasonable procedure to clear the CU policy on the matter up, and in conversation with the OP during the interaction shared an opinion. At no time did the OP mention he was threatened with civil or criminal action, of forcible expulsion from the premises. If you expect to go about you day and not interact with anyone beyond your own choosing, perhaps you are safest living your life at a keyboard, and never leaving the house:twocents:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Me thinks you are being a bit stubborn. Sure you have a right to carry openly--no one is arguing that point--but---in this day and age with all the shootings going on---you are hurting all of us gun owners. Consideration for others---especially when entering a bank or credit union---is certainly warrented. Just my opinon--

He's not hurting ME.

The whining, namby pamby, cowardly bleats of the sheep are no concern of mine.

If you want the carrying of a firearm to be truly accepted by the populace at large, if you want them to see it as a normal, everyday thing, you need to make them aware that lots of people carry guns all around them every day. If you cover it up all you do is reinforce their opinion that it's not normal to carry a firearm.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    It didnt sound like the officer forced his opinion on anyone, at least not any more than someone who OCs their side arm. If I dont want to know ones opinion on OC, yet they walk around with a gun in plain sight, how is that not forcing an opinion on someone? The initial interaction sounded like it was on the behalf of those who work in the CU. Those are the people who that security guard is there to make feel safe, and at there request, he interacted with the OP, and shared his opinion as a result of the interaction.

It would be not the least bit different if you were kissing another man on the sidewalk, and someone else took offense to it and said something to you to that effect. Does that make either of you any more right than the other? No, not really, but you both have the right to have differing opinions, and to offend one another as long as you do not infringe on the others rights or well being.
    The guard addressed the concerns of those he was there to protect, followed a civilized and reasonable procedure to clear the CU policy on the matter up, and in conversation with the OP during the interaction shared an opinion. At no time did the OP mention he was threatened with civil or criminal action, of forcible expulsion from the premises. If you expect to go about you day and not interact with anyone beyond your own choosing, perhaps you are safest living your life at a keyboard, and never leaving the house:twocents:

Me and you must have read different posts.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    It didnt sound like the officer forced his opinion on anyone, at least not any more than someone who OCs their side arm. If I dont want to know ones opinion on OC, yet they walk around with a gun in plain sight, how is that not forcing an opinion on someone?

How exactly is OC forcing an opinion on anyone? By OC'ing I am not telling anyone that they need to expose their firearm. I am just going about my day.
    By your logic I am forcing my opinion, that guys should have short hair, on everyone when I leave my house. (I don't really care how people wear their hair.)
    If you want to CC good for you. If you want to OC, again good for you.

I blame facebook. That is why every gives a crap what everyone else is doing. Who cares. If I/you are not endangering anyone then go about your day, because I know I am.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I will say this about roseland cops, they do indeed have attitudes. They even blew me crap when I was a town Marshall in another town.
    Badges with attitudes and this comes from someone who used to wear a badge!

Last edited:

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    holy ****....first reply.....Congratulations you just set a new record......:D

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Some take their personal business seriously.

Others like being jerked around by people that really don't know as much as they think they know.

And some people take their personal business too seriously. Referring to a police officer (even a Roseland cop) as a security guard, no matter how ignorant he is, is just plain dumb. And I wouldn't give up the personal service I get from my bank because of their "no guns" sign - I just CC right past it - I'm protecting myself, and no one is the wiser.

Unless there is an imminent threat, getting in someone's face about carrying just reinforces the stereotype of the "crazy gun nut". Based on the information that was presented, I think the OP handled it pretty well - stated his case, let the business know how he felt about the situation, and was willing to take his business elsewhere without being a jerk about it.

Top Bottom