• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    I'm still trying to figure out where the officer voicing his opinion is "forcing" it on anyone. Some of you just love looking for trouble. Just because I am a police officer doesn't mean my First Amendment rights are taken away. If you don't like my opinion, ignore it just like I will do yours

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm still trying to figure out where the officer voicing his opinion is "forcing" it on anyone. Some of you just love looking for trouble. Just because I am a police officer doesn't mean my First Amendment rights are taken away. If you don't like my opinion, ignore it just like I will do yours
    Everyone's 1st Amendment rights are circumscribed while on the clock of an employer. Welcome to working life.

If you can't/won't read the law I gave you that specificly proscribes your authority to use any means at your disposal to coerce a behavioural change in someone who is carrying a legal firearm in a manner that displeases you, then I suggest you start buffing up your resumé and looking for work outside of the law-enforcement field, because you're not long for that profession.

If you don't like the way I'm legally carrying my personal protection sidearm, ignore it, just like I will ignore your extra-legal advice under color of authority.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I open carry. I was told not to. That isn't cool.

How would you feel if someone told you that you couldn't do the thing you do every day? How would you feel if idiots on the internet said you shouldn't do that thing you do every day, because they have everything figured out, and element of surprise, and first one shot?

Yeah, but I do not carry concealed. If I did, and my shirt rode up, it would be a bit different. I carry OWB, and I tuck in my shirt, that way, it doesn't accidentally get covered.

I'm not going to let anyone dictate how I live. I do not respond with compliance at attempts to stifle my freedom.

Call it what you will. No personal attack on you or your freedoms. How we as individuals choose to use/address those freedoms that belong to all of us are, of course up to that individual.

I choose to CC for personal reasons. I OC at times but that is, again, my choice.

Stay safe.

-CM-

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Typical OC thread.

Whining about a "incident" (poorly worded)

Then attacking members who are even the slightest critical of your opinion.

Don't you guys have a sticky to share these fascinating stories with each other?

That way you don't start a thread where there are more posts attacking other members than there are discussing this banal interaction.

You trying to start something?

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Everyone's 1st Amendment rights are circumscribed while on the clock of an employer. Welcome to working life.

If you can't/won't read the law I gave you that specificly proscribes your authority to use any means at your disposal to coerce a behavioural change in someone who is carrying a legal firearm in a manner that displeases you, then I suggest you start buffing up your resumé and looking for work outside of the law-enforcement field, because you're not long for that profession.

If you don't like the way I'm legally carrying my personal protection sidearm, ignore it, just like I will ignore your extra-legal advice under color of authority.
    Thanks for the career advice, I wonder how I made it 23 years as an officer without it. I NEVER said I have a problem with open carry as far as whether it is legal or not. It is not for me, I prefer to fly under the radar until such time as I need it. I see open carry all the time and don't get all nervous about it. I saw a guy on a motorcycle OC the other day. Had I been one lane closer the only thing I would have asked is what he was carrying. As a matter of a fact he looked at me and I at him and waved at each other.
    Personally, I don't care if you heed any advice I give you, that is your choice.
    I'm also trying to figure out how voicing an opinion is coercing anyone?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Me thinks you are being a bit stubborn. Sure you have a right to carry openly--no one is arguing that point--but---in this day and age with all the shootings going on---you are hurting all of us gun owners. Consideration for others---especially when entering a bank or credit union---is certainly warrented. Just my opinon--
    Yes and like *******s everyone has one. Let's not turn this into yet another OCvsCC debate! OC is legal in the state of IN, Period. I'm sorry, wait, no I'm not; I'm so sick of this PC bull****! if some whiny ass soccer mom can't handle the site of a firearm, that's her damn problem! Likewise bank employees should really stop and think about it, if the OP goes to 1 branch all the time and they know him, what the hell are they worried about?

Oldguyguns, I propose you are more damaging to our "cause" then the OP, you are one of those that are so PC they can't even form an original thought without worrying about what someone else will think or say!

To all that are frightened by the site of a firearm... GET THE **** OVER IT!!! They've been around since the formation of this country, and they aren't going anywhere!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Thanks for the career advice, I wonder how I made it 23 years as an officer without it. I NEVER said I have a problem with open carry as far as whether it is legal or not. It is not for me, I prefer to fly under the radar until such time as I need it. I see open carry all the time and don't get all nervous about it. I saw a guy on a motorcycle OC the other day. Had I been one lane closer the only thing I would have asked is what he was carrying. As a matter of a fact he looked at me and I at him and waved at each other.
    Personally, I don't care if you heed any advice I give you, that is your choice.

Personal Agenda.

I know too many cops (friends) that use their position, as a cop, in uniform, to voice their "Personal Agendas" as opinions to the public. Most citizens will respect the words being uttered from a police officer and will take his opinions to heart as facts and/or orders.
    (I know - Right?)

You know exactly what I'm saying and what I mean if you were on any department for any length of time. It's a game they play and for the most part, they get away with it.

If you are a cop employed as a guard somewhere. Would you rag on some kid for wearing red shoes because you don't like the color red or hassle the lady for her ugly-ass sweater?

So why on earth would you ignorantly project your meaningless professional expertise to some guy that chooses to carry his gun on the outside? (The way a gun was made and intended to be carried) :)

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    How dare you make personal attacks against someone that you don't even know?
    Relax, this is the internet.

(If you do say things like that in person, I'll bet you get in a lot of fights.)
    Only if those people are so sensitive to criticism and can't handle somebody disagreeing with them.

Why is the officer's opinion any less valid than yours.
    It's an opinion and is not more or less valid than any other opinion on it's face. Just like all opinions - people will have varying opinions and may or may not agree with a particular opinion. Last time I checked - we don't all have to agree with you / the security guard / etc.

He has the right to his opinion as much as you do.
    Sure - and the OP has every right to walk away and ignore him as well. IMHO the OP was nice enough to respond and could have simply ignored him.

I am an officer and prefer to CC when off duty.
    Good for you.
    I don't get excited when I see someone OC.
    Good for you. Thanks for sharing.

Typical OC thread.
    Typical "I was carrying a firearm and somebody else tried to tell me how I should do it because they apparently know better than I do," thread.

Whining about a "incident" (poorly worded)
    I don't see whining in the original post or any of the OP's subsequent responses but your post does look a lot like whining. "Why are you guys always complaining? Just cover it up! Don't OC!" <-- Sounds like whining to me, but hey - I could be wrong.

Then attacking members who are even the slightest critical of your opinion.
    So those critical of the OP should not be interacted with or debated? Oh wait - your opinion must be so perfect and right that it's beyond refutation...

Don't you guys have a sticky to share these fascinating stories with each other?
    Not that I'm aware of - that said, if you don't find the story fascinating then don't read it... If you read it and find it boring then move on with your life. There is nothing that obligates you to respond to this thread or any other thread you disagree with. There is also nothing that obligates people to ignore your responses when you disagree.

That way you don't start a thread where there are more posts attacking other members than there are discussing this banal interaction.
    I'm not attacking you - if you feel that I am then you're overly sensitive and should take a step back and take a deep breath.

I am a TCU member. I bank here in Indy with them. I have been asked to conceal in one of the branchs by the security on site. He was very polite, I did not realize my shirt had raised and exposed the gun so I just as politely covered it.
    Good for you :). You walked in covered, accidentally uncovered and it was pointed out to you, and you re-covered. This is slightly different than walking in openly carrying and being asked to cover the firearm - it was not covered in the first place and if the OP wanted it covered - it'd have already been covered.

How would you feel if you walked into the bank and they said they didn't like your shirt and you needed to cover it? They didn't like your watch - you need to cover it up? How about they don't like your shoes - you better cover them up. Your face - they don't like it, it's scary - you better cover it up.

Not an attack on you - but a firearm is part of what I put on when I get dressed and take off when I'm getting ready for bed - it is part of who I am and my daily attire. If you don't like it - thanks for sharing :).

I saw no need to push an agenda. I was asked in a polite manner to please cover it while in the bank and I responded in kind.
    Good for you :). I would never fault you for doing what you felt was best in the situation.

Typical Oc hater post. Don't you have a sticky to share your hater stories with the other haters?
    I don't think there's a CC thread... Those that CC tend to enjoy not being talked to/stopped/hassled at all [unless they fail at CC] so there usually aren't many if any interactions to discuss.

OMG not another one. Grow the hell up guys! SHeezzz.
    Way to add to the discussion in a constructive manner. I appreciate you taking the time to draft your life-altering post.

I'm still trying to figure out where the officer voicing his opinion is "forcing" it on anyone.
    Anytime somebody exercises authority over somebody [i.e. detaining them] and then spouts personal opinions is forcing said opinions on whoever is being detained.

If the person is not being detained and is free to go - then the opinion is not being forced as the individual can walk away/leave at any time. If you stopped me and started telling me how I should CC all you would get from me is, "Am I being detained? Am I free to go?" and until you said "No you're not being detained and yes you may go," you would get nothing more from me.

If I broke the law - write me a ticket, a summons, or whatever it is you're supposed to do and then bugger off. If I want to stand and talk to you of my own accord that's up to me but do not detain me so that you can push your personal opinion / views / agendas on me.

Some of you just love looking for trouble.
    Wearing a firearm OC is no more looking for trouble than wearing a shirt, a hat, a belt, pants, shoes, or socks. I do not put my firearm on with the intention of getting attention [I'd rather be left alone]. That said - I'm happy to have a positive interaction but I'm not out looking for one.

The premise that I'm looking for trouble simply because I choose not to hide my firearm is ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong - there surely are people out there that do things purely for attention and it's not limited to carrying a firearm OC but that is not the case for me nor is it the case for the OP in this situation.

Just because I am a police officer doesn't mean my First Amendment rights are taken away.
    So long as the people you're espousing your opinion on are not detained you're probably fine. If you're exercising your authority to force your opinions on others you may or may not end up getting bit in the rear for that.

If you don't like my opinion, ignore it just like I will do yours
    So long as I'm not forced to stand there and listen to it - I'll be happy to ignore it by walking off.

Call it what you will. No personal attack on you or your freedoms. How we as individuals choose to use/address those freedoms that belong to all of us are, of course up to that individual.
    True - and they're certainly welcome to disagree with you just as you're welcome to disagree with them.

I choose to CC for personal reasons. I OC at times but that is, again, my choice.
    Yep. Do whatever you feel is best.

Thanks for the career advice, I wonder how I made it 23 years as an officer without it.
    You love forcing opinions and views on others but choose to blatantly ignore the views and opinions of others and yet you think that we are the problem?

Open your eyes, wake up, and realize that we are not the problem - you are.

I NEVER said I have a problem with open carry as far as whether it is legal or not.
    You sure do seem to be spouting a lot of opinion contrary to what you just said.

It is not for me, I prefer to fly under the radar until such time as I need it.
    Good for you, thanks for sharing.

I see open carry all the time and don't get all nervous about it.
    I see it rarely, but I also do not get nervous about it.

I saw a guy on a motorcycle OC the other day.
    It's not really comfortable to CC on a motorcycle in most cases - speaking from personal experiences.

Had I been one lane closer the only thing I would have asked is what he was carrying.
    Thanks for sharing.

As a matter of a fact he looked at me and I at him and waved at each other.
    Hmm... I waved at my mail lady last weekend... She did wave back.

In short - you don't care if your opinion will be taken into consideration or is of any value to the person you're forcing it onto, you're going to force it either way regardless.

If you're not acting as an officer and not detaining somebody it's not - they can just walk away. If you are on duty and they are not free to go then you are, indeed, forcing your opinion on them and possibly coercing them into doing something they wouldn't normally do even though what they were already doing was entirely legal.

I'm not a lawyer - but maybe have a quick chat with one?

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Relax, this is the internet.

Only if those people are so sensitive to criticism and can't handle somebody disagreeing with them.

It's an opinion and is not more or less valid than any other opinion on it's face. Just like all opinions - people will have varying opinions and may or may not agree with a particular opinion. Last time I checked - we don't all have to agree with you / the security guard / etc.

Sure - and the OP has every right to walk away and ignore him as well. IMHO the OP was nice enough to respond and could have simply ignored him.

Good for you.
    Good for you. Thanks for sharing.

Typical "I was carrying a firearm and somebody else tried to tell me how I should do it because they apparently know better than I do," thread.

I don't see whining in the original post or any of the OP's subsequent responses but your post does look a lot like whining. "Why are you guys always complaining? Just cover it up! Don't OC!" <-- Sounds like whining to me, but hey - I could be wrong.

So those critical of the OP should not be interacted with or debated? Oh wait - your opinion must be so perfect and right that it's beyond refutation...

Not that I'm aware of - that said, if you don't find the story fascinating then don't read it... If you read it and find it boring then move on with your life. There is nothing that obligates you to respond to this thread or any other thread you disagree with. There is also nothing that obligates people to ignore your responses when you disagree.

I'm not attacking you - if you feel that I am then you're overly sensitive and should take a step back and take a deep breath.

Good for you :). You walked in covered, accidentally uncovered and it was pointed out to you, and you re-covered. This is slightly different than walking in openly carrying and being asked to cover the firearm - it was not covered in the first place and if the OP wanted it covered - it'd have already been covered.

How would you feel if you walked into the bank and they said they didn't like your shirt and you needed to cover it? They didn't like your watch - you need to cover it up? How about they don't like your shoes - you better cover them up. Your face - they don't like it, it's scary - you better cover it up.

Not an attack on you - but a firearm is part of what I put on when I get dressed and take off when I'm getting ready for bed - it is part of who I am and my daily attire. If you don't like it - thanks for sharing :).

Good for you :). I would never fault you for doing what you felt was best in the situation.

I don't think there's a CC thread... Those that CC tend to enjoy not being talked to/stopped/hassled at all [unless they fail at CC] so there usually aren't many if any interactions to discuss.

Way to add to the discussion in a constructive manner. I appreciate you taking the time to draft your life-altering post.

Anytime somebody exercises authority over somebody [i.e. detaining them] and then spouts personal opinions is forcing said opinions on whoever is being detained.

If the person is not being detained and is free to go - then the opinion is not being forced as the individual can walk away/leave at any time. If you stopped me and started telling me how I should CC all you would get from me is, "Am I being detained? Am I free to go?" and until you said "No you're not being detained and yes you may go," you would get nothing more from me.

If I broke the law - write me a ticket, a summons, or whatever it is you're supposed to do and then bugger off. If I want to stand and talk to you of my own accord that's up to me but do not detain me so that you can push your personal opinion / views / agendas on me.

Wearing a firearm OC is no more looking for trouble than wearing a shirt, a hat, a belt, pants, shoes, or socks. I do not put my firearm on with the intention of getting attention [I'd rather be left alone]. That said - I'm happy to have a positive interaction but I'm not out looking for one.

The premise that I'm looking for trouble simply because I choose not to hide my firearm is ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong - there surely are people out there that do things purely for attention and it's not limited to carrying a firearm OC but that is not the case for me nor is it the case for the OP in this situation.

So long as the people you're espousing your opinion on are not detained you're probably fine. If you're exercising your authority to force your opinions on others you may or may not end up getting bit in the rear for that.

So long as I'm not forced to stand there and listen to it - I'll be happy to ignore it by walking off.

True - and they're certainly welcome to disagree with you just as you're welcome to disagree with them.

Yep. Do whatever you feel is best.

You love forcing opinions and views on others but choose to blatantly ignore the views and opinions of others and yet you think that we are the problem?

Open your eyes, wake up, and realize that we are not the problem - you are.

You sure do seem to be spouting a lot of opinion contrary to what you just said.

Good for you, thanks for sharing.

I see it rarely, but I also do not get nervous about it.

It's not really comfortable to CC on a motorcycle in most cases - speaking from personal experiences.

Thanks for sharing.

Hmm... I waved at my mail lady last weekend... She did wave back.

In short - you don't care if your opinion will be taken into consideration or is of any value to the person you're forcing it onto, you're going to force it either way regardless.

If you're not acting as an officer and not detaining somebody it's not - they can just walk away. If you are on duty and they are not free to go then you are, indeed, forcing your opinion on them and possibly coercing them into doing something they wouldn't normally do even though what they were already doing was entirely legal.

I'm not a lawyer - but maybe have a quick chat with one?

WOW! Some here are really sensitive. My comment about looking for trouble was not about the person OC but some here who think everything is a fight. Also, I don't see where the OP was being detained just that the officer was doing what he was asked to do. I think the OP even said he'd take his money and close his accounts but voluntarily stayed while the manager made some phone calls. Just because I am in uniform does not mean I am the gestapo looking to trounce on every person I see. Believe it or not, I enjoy being a cop because I HAVE made a difference and helped save lives and made a difference to others. My OPINION, is OC is up to the individual but not my choice. I don't care if you OC or not. CC is no harder on a MC than any other way. You might even like me if you ever met me uniform or not.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    WOW! Some here are really sensitive.
    Because I quoted numerous statements and responded to them?

So if I didn't know how to use the multi-quote feature or to respond to multiple things at a time I would be less sensitive?

My comment about looking for trouble was not about the person OC but some here who think everything is a fight.
    You may want to be more clear/explicit then.

Also, I don't see where the OP was being detained just that the officer was doing what he was asked to do.
    I was talking about you and what you said you would do and not the OP's situation. Basically "If you don't like my opinion, ignore it," which comes down to "You'll have to stand there and listen to it, but you can ignore it if you disagree." Why waste my time espousing your personal opinions if I'm simply going to disregard them? Let me go on my way and enjoy the rest of my day.

I think the OP even said he'd take his money and close his accounts but voluntarily stayed while the manager made some phone calls.
    Good for him - I would do the same. Every time I go into Chase or Fifth Third Bank I open carry. If they require me to cover it up or leave - I will do so under the condition that they close my accounts immediately and give me a certified check for my balance so that I can acquire a new bank.

I can, and will, vote with my wallet.

Just because I am in uniform does not mean I am the gestapo looking to trounce on every person I see.
    No, but you do have the authority to force people to stand and listen to you whether they want to or not regardless of whether you're spouting law or your own personal opinion. Whether or not you do that is up to you - but it sounds to me, from your posts, like you have a habit of making people hear your opinion.

Believe it or not, I enjoy being a cop because I HAVE made a difference and helped save lives and made a difference to others.
    Good for you, unrelated - but good for you.

My OPINION, is OC is up to the individual but not my choice.
    Good.

I don't care if you OC or not.
    Good.

CC is no harder on a MC than any other way. You might even like me if you ever met me uniform or not.
    I never said I didn't like you.

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Because I quoted numerous statements and responded to them?

So if I didn't know how to use the multi-quote feature or to respond to multiple things at a time I would be less sensitive?

You may want to be more clear/explicit then.

I was talking about you and what you said you would do and not the OP's situation. Basically "If you don't like my opinion, ignore it," which comes down to "You'll have to stand there and listen to it, but you can ignore it if you disagree." Why waste my time espousing your personal opinions if I'm simply going to disregard them? Let me go on my way and enjoy the rest of my day.

Good for him - I would do the same. Every time I go into Chase or Fifth Third Bank I open carry. If they require me to cover it up or leave - I will do so under the condition that they close my accounts immediately and give me a certified check for my balance so that I can acquire a new bank.

I can, and will, vote with my wallet.

No, but you do have the authority to force people to stand and listen to you whether they want to or not regardless of whether you're spouting law or your own personal opinion. Whether or not you do that is up to you - but it sounds to me, from your posts, like you have a habit of making people hear your opinion.

Good for you, unrelated - but good for you.

Good.

Good.

I never said I didn't like you.
    I'm not sure why I am wasting my time replying, but here it goes anyway. You do not know me or what type of officer I am just by reading this. I am sorry if you misinterpreted what I wrote I can't help how you read things. If we are carrying on a conversation whether I am in uniform or not does not mean you are detained. Again, if you don't like my opinion feel free to walk away at any time. If I had grounds to arrest you for something, I would have done so. I can interpret your comments as dislike just as you can interpret mine as "forcing" my opinion on you. Believe it or not, but the vast MAJORITY of cops don't have the egos you claim. Yes, some officers forget we are all human and make mistakes and they are usually dealt with. Hope you have a great Memorial Day, but that is just my opinion

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm not sure why I am wasting my time replying
    Then why do it?

but here it goes anyway.
    Ok :).

You do not know me or what type of officer I am just by reading this.
    I may not know you, but I can perform some educated speculation based upon what you say and how you say it and to believe otherwise is naive at best.

I am sorry if you misinterpreted what I wrote I can't help how you read things.
    It happens.

If we are carrying on a conversation whether I am in uniform or not does not mean you are detained.
    I never said it did - all I am saying is that if you are detaining them then you are forcing your opinion. Conversely if you aren't - then sure, say what you want when you want to who you want whenever you want so long as your employer is ok with it.

Again, if you don't like my opinion feel free to walk away at any time.
    Or I could discuss your opinion, which is much more entertaining especially considering this is a discussion forum.

If I had grounds to arrest you for something, I would have done so.
    Sure, and if not - I'll walk away and ignore your opinions of how I should or should not do something.

I can interpret your comments as dislike just as you can interpret mine as "forcing" my opinion on you.
    I couldn't possibly dislike you - I don't know you. I could dislike what I believe you may possibly do but I wouldn't pour the foundation without solid evidence.

Believe it or not, but the vast MAJORITY of cops don't have the egos you claim.
    I never claimed that you had an ego, that's just how I understood your post. I could be wrong, sure, but I could be right also unless you refute it [which you are]. That said I know my fair share of officers and have no particular hate / disdain for any of them. If I choose to dislike somebody it's based upon that individual and not their profession.

Yes, some officers forget we are all human and make mistakes and they are usually dealt with. Hope you have a great Memorial Day, but that is just my opinion
    Officers, more often than not, are not held responsible for their mistakes and that's one if the biggest thorns in my opinion, but that's not your doing nor do you have the power to resolve that so I wouldn't hold it against you personally. You have a wonderful Memorial Day as well!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'm not sure why I am wasting my time replying, but here it goes anyway. You do not know me or what type of officer I am just by reading this. I am sorry if you misinterpreted what I wrote I can't help how you read things. If we are carrying on a conversation whether I am in uniform or not does not mean you are detained. Again, if you don't like my opinion feel free to walk away at any time. If I had grounds to arrest you for something, I would have done so. I can interpret your comments as dislike just as you can interpret mine as "forcing" my opinion on you. Believe it or not, but the vast MAJORITY of cops don't have the egos you claim. Yes, some officers forget we are all human and make mistakes and they are usually dealt with. Hope you have a great Memorial Day, but that is just my opinion

Enjoy your Memorial Day too. :patriot:

Oh - and Welcome to INGO Sarg. :welcome:

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Then why do it?

Ok :).

I may not know you, but I can perform some educated speculation based upon what you say and how you say it and to believe otherwise is naive at best.

It happens.

I never said it did - all I am saying is that if you are detaining them then you are forcing your opinion. Conversely if you aren't - then sure, say what you want when you want to who you want whenever you want so long as your employer is ok with it.

Or I could discuss your opinion, which is much more entertaining especially considering this is a discussion forum.

Sure, and if not - I'll walk away and ignore your opinions of how I should or should not do something.

I couldn't possibly dislike you - I don't know you. I could dislike what I believe you may possibly do but I wouldn't pour the foundation without solid evidence.

I never claimed that you had an ego, that's just how I understood your post. I could be wrong, sure, but I could be right also unless you refute it [which you are]. That said I know my fair share of officers and have no particular hate / disdain for any of them. If I choose to dislike somebody it's based upon that individual and not their profession.

Officers, more often than not, are not held responsible for their mistakes and that's one if the biggest thorns in my opinion, but that's not your doing nor do you have the power to resolve that so I wouldn't hold it against you personally. You have a wonderful Memorial Day as well!

Maybe a better word for me to use is judge or even profile me. I am a very easy going person and enjoy what I do because I can make a difference once in a while.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Maybe a better word for me to use is judge or even profile me. I am a very easy going person and enjoy what I do because I can make a difference once in a while.
    I can only judge what you post, I can't judge or profile you as a person based upon what little of your writing I have seen in this thread. That said, my goal is not to judge you or your post but simply to discuss it. You've refuted most of what I've said and that's fine - I'm glad to hear it honestly.

Over time, perhaps I could come to know you where I could come to those conclusions about you as a person but at this point it would be impossible to do so with any certainty.

So sit back, relax, and understand this is the internet and I have no ill will for you or your profession and that I can and will discuss anything that piques my interest.

Have a good day. [Seriously, try and have a good day.]

Top Bottom