• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Actually, a lot of the Republicans got whooped with ugly sticks and the Democrats just want em to wear masks to Keep America Beautiful.

Alpo- othering the deplorables. It's been done before and by far more attractive people than Alpo.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Well, a few people remarked humorously about the small gatherings and chairs in a circle at a Biden rally.

So....it might just be that attending rallys or riots ain't such a hot idea.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Rioters are criminals. Mayors and governors have every right and duty to shut them down.

On the other hand, adults should be allowed to make the choice to attend a rally for themselves rather than have a governor dictate it.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Uh-huh. I've seen enough methodology problems and selective lying with statistics in these doom and gloom studies that I'm not even going to bother opening it. With loose enough methodology I can link a million deaths to a single children's birthday party in Iowa.

And even if it's true, which it isn't, so what? Their lives, their choice, their right. If YOU are afraid of the coof after nine months of this stupid hysteria, YOU hide in your house for the rest of your life and let the rest of us get on with ours.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, a few people remarked humorously about the small gatherings and chairs in a circle at a Biden rally.

So why the focus on Trump rallies, but none on the riots, er sorry... "mostly peaceful protests"? To quote your guy, "C'mon, man!" Do you think the Biden campaign that's organizing these rallies is saying, "Hey! We're having a really big rally for Team [STRIKE]Harris/Biden[/STRIKE] Biden/Harris! We'd really appreciate it if you didn't show up!"? :):

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So why the focus on Trump rallies, but none on the riots, er sorry... "mostly peaceful protests"? To quote your guy, "C'mon, man!" Do you think the Biden campaign that's organizing these rallies is saying, "Hey! We're having a really big rally for Team [STRIKE]Harris/Biden[/STRIKE] Biden/Harris! We'd really appreciate it if you didn't show up!"? :):

Why? It's in the news. GP17Axyz no longer posts.

So, is there a problem with news that doesn't come from a far right site? Politico posts a lot of info. Sometimes favoring the right. Sometimes the left.

I really wonder why folks are having trouble dealing with it as just a news item.

I didn't expect hair to be set on fire.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    None of this ends until & unless incumbent mask-mandaters get fired. Regardless of party. Just reminding you ppl.

All kinds of politicians can agree with it; all kinds can support it in principle; but until an actual incumbent gets kilt, nobody pays attention.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Sucks that our system gives us choices of "lesser evils". I'd prefer to vote for Rainwater but what's the estimated margin to date between hokum and meyers?

No doubt in my mind, who the "greatest evil" is in the governor race. Listening to their debate, constitutional carry came up:

Rainwater said it's right and we shouldn't need a permission slip.

hokum blathered about officer safety

meyers showed himself to be a politically correct bigot and spewed nonsense about too many people brandishing guns and threatening people

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sucks that our system gives us choices of "lesser evils". I'd prefer to vote for Rainwater but what's the estimated margin to date between hokum and meyers?

No doubt in my mind, who the "greatest evil" is in the governor race. Listening to their debate, constitutional carry came up:

Rainwater said it's right and we shouldn't need a permission slip.

hokum blathered about officer safety

meyers showed himself to be a politically correct bigot and spewed nonsense about too many people brandishing guns and threatening people

Holcomb actually said "I dont see "C" carry as a big deal. A LTCH is free in Indiana so what is the issue.
    Or something like that. But he is a complete idiot.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Uh-huh. I've seen enough methodology problems and selective lying with statistics in these doom and gloom studies that I'm not even going to bother opening it. With loose enough methodology I can link a million deaths to a single children's birthday party in Iowa.

And even if it's true, which it isn't, so what? Their lives, their choice, their right. If YOU are afraid of the coof after nine months of this stupid hysteria, YOU hide in your house for the rest of your life and let the rest of us get on with ours.

I couldn't have said it better :+1:

I'll just leave this here, I think it's relevant to the conversation

AMZXPti.jpg

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

That's just their excuse because they know nobody would show up lol. You think if Biden could draw a crowd bigger than Trump they wouldn't do it? Covid just became a convenient excuse to keep the 'rally's small.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Like another researcher from Stanford remarked this reeks of political opportunism, how convenient it was released to provide a democrat talking point right before the election. From what I can tell this 'study' is still under review, it's irresponsible to release it, how do we know it'll even be accepted lol. There are a lot of problems with this study if you actually read it but the biggest takeaway is buried in the middle of it:

A differences-in-differences calculation reveals that the discrepancy between the average before-to-after-event change in death rates for event counties and matched counties is statistically insignificant.

Top Bottom