• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Not about what he says but about what he does. Admittedly we rolled the dice when electing him, but we knew what Hillary was so Trump was THE alternative if you didn't want that. We won that pass by rolling a 7

Now we know what we've got and the rest just doesn't bother us enough to need a fainting couch. It's always amazing that your team can't recognize 'He's literally Hitler', 'He's a tyrant', 'He will destroy democracy', 'He's only in it for himself' etc etc for the lies that they manifestly are

We only see a noisy preference for the 'truth' in little things, fact checkers of little lies but never the big lies told by your keepers (See; Mostly peaceful riots, positive ID to vote disenfranchises people, mass demonstrations don't spread covid but large rallies do etc)

Hillary was a beast. I see Trump as our purgatory. It could have been Hell with Hillary. Fortunately, 4 years in purgatory ought to be enough to cleanse most souls. But, I see you enjoy it so much, you want to renew your lease. :)

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    IF numbers keep trending at the rate they are something will have to give as the hospital bed availability will start to dwindle to nothing.

I mean we went from less than 1k cases a day to 3k+ cases a day that's 3x in a matter of days. IF the trajectory continues and we're at 5k cases a day then some of those folks will need urgent medical help and the hospital availability will start to dwindle.

If everyone isn't on the same page, nothing will improve.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    IF numbers keep trending at the rate they are something will have to give as the hospital bed availability will start to dwindle to nothing.

I mean we went from less than 1k cases a day to 3k+ cases a day that's 3x in a matter of days. IF the trajectory continues and we're at 5k cases a day then some of those folks will need urgent medical help and the hospital availability will start to dwindle.

If everyone isn't on the same page, nothing will improve.

Are the beds actually filling up. Seriously. 99.8% survival rate and all that what is the actual truth here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The question was why I question everything Trump says. It wasn't whether I questioned Obama. Of course I did! "Trust, but verify" was one of the more cogent phrases out of Ronald Reagan. And he was absolutely correct. The only guy I tended to trust out of all the presidents in the last 50 years was Bush 41...and even he did some stuff that we found out about much later. But still, Bush 41 is probably the role model for what I believe a president ought to be in this century.

So. I answered the snarky comment Bug made. I didn't opine upon the integrity of all presidents.

I get it. Not calling you out just "Stressing" a point. Politician. Fork tongue.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Are the beds actually filling up. Seriously. 99.8% survival rate and all that what is the actual truth here.

Not quite, but it's trending in that direction. I'm only using the official IN.gov site as a reference. You can also see it here:

https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/2393.htm

Right now it's showing 31% ICU beds available. This counts all bed and not just those occupied by covid. They break it down. It hasn't been updated today yet but you can graph it over time.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Survival rate has nothing to do with hospital capacity. People who get a bad case need a bed for treatment, even if they ultimately survive. Without that available capacity, the death rate goes up.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany

Screenshot 2020-11-02 15.40.49.jpg

Screenshot 2020-11-02 15.42.49.png

ICU stats are a little bit misleading, however, as ICU capacity was MUCH higher in April/May due to surge capacity being put in place which seemingly has since been pulled back....total ICU capacity is down nearly 800 beds from 1 May per the ISDH chart above.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Survival rate has nothing to do with hospital capacity. People who get a bad case need a bed for treatment, even if they ultimately survive. Without that available capacity, the death rate goes up.

Yup. Exactly. My step-father had to go to the hospital for his case. He ended up recovering, but if the beds fill up they cannot help people with bad cases of covid or anything else. It's not a good situation to have a hospital ICU at 100% capacity and get turned away with a life threatening condition.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    View attachment 92739

View attachment 92740

ICU stats are a little bit misleading, however, as ICU capacity was MUCH higher in April/May due to surge capacity being put in place which seemingly has since been pulled back....total ICU capacity is down nearly 800 beds from 1 May per the ISDH chart above.

Right, I'm not saying we're at capacity or very close to it. I'm saying at the rate of growth (3x+) in the last couple weeks, that we're headed in that direction very quickly.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    My sister in law works as a speech pathologist at a nursing home. She says the National Guard is there.

She has to get tested 2 times a week. She said it was because Indiana is at 10%. I asked 10% of what? She said 10% of the population has COVID.

That can't be right...

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I'd say she has to get tested twice a week because she works at a nursing home and over 55% of Indiana COVID deaths have been long-term care facility residents.

Short article about an interesting study published in September by the IU Franklin School of Public Health, which contains a link to the study itself.

Note: this infographic EXCLUDES long-term care facility statistics...
    Screenshot 2020-11-02 16.06.07.png

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My sister in law works as a speech pathologist at a nursing home. She says the National Guard is there.

She has to get tested 2 times a week. She said it was because Indiana is at 10%. I asked 10% of what? She said 10% of the population has COVID.

That can't be right...

We're at a 10.7% cumulative positivity rate for unique individuals, meaning that since the beginning of testing, 10.7% of the tests have been positive, not including a person having more than 1 test. The 7 day rate is 15.9%, showing an upward trend.

In mid September we were at 3-3.5%.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    We're at a 10.7% cumulative positivity rate for unique individuals, meaning that since the beginning of testing, 10.7% of the tests have been positive, not including a person having more than 1 test. The 7 day rate is 15.9%, showing an upward trend.

In mid September we were at 3-3.5%.

So is this bad or what? Is this actually a number we can use a real barometer for how things are going?

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    So is this bad or what? Is this actually a number we can use a real barometer for how things are going?

It's higher than they'd like and it has been in the past. 1/10 people getting tested are positive. If you were to correlate that to the general population, then 1 out of 10 people you see have covid and could potentially pass it along to you. I'm not saying that's the case here, but as a general rule of thumb, you don't want a high percentage of people getting tested to test positive. It's a good indicator that things aren't moving in the right direction.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Since the beginning of this mess, roughly 2.7% of the population of Indiana has tested positive. Certainly many more than that, likely a multiple, have had it.

What is "bad"? Darned if I know. More isn't better, though.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    It's higher than they'd like and it has been in the past. 1/10 people getting tested are positive. If you were to correlate that to the general population, then 1 out of 10 people you see have covid and could potentially pass it along to you. I'm not saying that's the case here, but as a general rule of thumb, you don't want a high percentage of people getting tested to test positive. It's a good indicator that things aren't moving in the right direction.

Well then the chances of me having come in contact with COVID recently are pretty high :/ How are those numbers when you take into account Johnson county, white folks, and average age probably around 25?

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am

Beds are filling up, but they were beds normally filled with other patients, at least locally I heard. Covid units are filling but it is those who are not critical but not well enough to be at home. Most are older who live in assisted living/communal living facilities or went to social places like bingo halls.

I'm trying to live and be social but yet conscious or who I'm around. I wouldn't go to a big concert/gathering right now, especially being winter/fall/cold/flu time. I would meet with friends in a place we could be close but yet if someone wants ot be distant they can. A group of friends is trying to plan a friendsgiving. We are thinking a local dine in place with a meeting room. Normally this would be done in a house but due to covid somewhat and mostly not wanting to clean up/cook, it isn't.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Well then the chances of me having come in contact with COVID recently are pretty high :/ How are those numbers when you take into account Johnson county, white folks, and average age probably around 25?

I would say it elevates your chance of getting it lol. If you look at the demographics breakdown on https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/2393.htm you have the highest percentage of people testing positive in the 20-29 age range and 58% of those testing positive are white lol.

Also Johnson county has been more lax on restrictions so your chances are higher than average.

:dunno::shady:

All that being said I think most of these people are spreading the virus by "gathering" or packing into small areas with largish groups. I doubt you'll get it in the grocery store or convenience store, but you might get it if you attend a college party and no one is taking precautions.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I would say it elevates your chance of getting it lol. If you look at the demographics breakdown on https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/2393.htm you have the highest percentage of people testing positive in the 20-29 age range and 58% of those testing positive are white lol.

Also Johnson county has been more lax on restrictions so your chances are higher than average.

:dunno::shady:

All that being said I think most of these people are spreading the virus by "gathering" or packing into small areas with largish groups. I doubt you'll get it in the grocery store or convenience store, but you might get it if you attend a college party and no one is taking precautions.

So church, Sunday school, and then an outdoor trunk and treat with about 150 peeps fairly close together.

Oh and Halloween. We weren’t on top of each other, but I was around lots of folks.

But we’ve been going to church and Sunday School since late May.

Though, not this last Sunday, but the 2 previous we had a tent meeting. :/

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    So church, Sunday school, and then an outdoor trunk and treat with about 150 peeps fairly close together.

Oh and Halloween. We weren’t on top of each other, but I was around lots of folks.

But we’ve been going to church and Sunday School since late May.

Though, not this last Sunday, but the 2 previous we had a tent meeting. :/

I mean there are many variations of how serious people are taking this. A lot of young people aren't taking it remotely seriously. What I mean is that they are not changing their lifestyle at all. Eventually it catches up with then and they spread it to others. The vast majority of young folks will recover fine if they contract it, but they may pass it to more vulnerable people. It just ends up coming down to being selfish in my opinion. I don't want to be responsible for giving someone covid who is in remission from cancer. People can tell those who are vulnerable to just stay home, but if they have any family they'll eventually come in contact with them. I don't really want to debate covid as it's already being done in multiple threads, but at this time, we're not moving in the right direction if we ever want to see an end to this.

I wonder how bad it would be to contract covid and influenza at once. Probably not a good thing for anyone in their 60s+

Top Bottom