Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I couldn't have said it better :+1:

I'll just leave this here, I think it's relevant to the conversation

AMZXPti.jpg

George Washington quarantined sick troops and civilians, forbade interaction between his troops and civilians during a pandemic and mandated vaccination for his troops.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Not even during "phase one" in Indiana was anybody trying to "quarantine everyone."
    And how do you come to that conclusion? Closing businesses, limiting ALL people in their activites sure sounds like trying to quarantine everyone. Or at the very least a terrible response. Look, you want to be "safe" and hide at home I fully support that. I support anyone that wants to self quarantine until the cows come home. Just dont expect everyone to do the same. Same with religion, politics whatever. Practice as you see fit but don't force it on us.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Can't figure out which bit of Wagner would make the best background music here...

For me this is way too much like what analysts were saying weeks, nay months ago, that there wasn't going to be an end to masking, an intent for there to be no end to the shutdown of civilization because the desired results did not hinge upon viral victory.
    Rather than watching the evening news you may as well go to the library and borrow some Harry Turtledove novels.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    And how do you come to that conclusion? Closing businesses, limiting ALL people in their activites sure sounds like trying to quarantine everyone. Or at the very least a terrible response. Look, you want to be "safe" and hide at home I fully support that. I support anyone that wants to self quarantine until the cows come home. Just dont expect everyone to do the same. Same with religion, politics whatever. Practice as you see fit but don't force it on us.

During phase one, it would have been easier to list the things that weren't open than to list the things that were allowed to be open. "Quarantine" my ass. Knock it off with the histrionics.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I don't always believe "news", but when I do, its "news" via Twitter post with zero attribution from an account that was started less than two months prior.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why? It's in the news. GP17Axyz no longer posts.

So, is there a problem with news that doesn't come from a far right site?[Unfortunately, the answer to that has become YES] Politico posts a lot of info. Sometimes favoring the right. Sometimes the left.

I really wonder why folks are having trouble dealing with it as just a news item [Logic?]

I didn't expect hair to be set on fire.

Hair is not burning on the right. The politrization of literally everything just results in a growing number of people questioning everything (you know, like the number of Trump supporteres displayed in a photograph at a PA rally)

Didn't 'Question Authority' used to be something your team advocated? Be careful what you wish for

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Hair is not burning on the right. The politrization of literally everything just results in a growing number of people questioning everything (you know, like the number of Trump supporteres displayed in a photograph at a PA rally)

Didn't 'Question Authority' used to be something your team advocated? Be careful what you wish for

Well, it wouldn't have been necessary if the president attempted to tell the truth on occasion. He started out claiming the crowds at his inauguration were a million and a half people all the way back to the Washington Monument.

It's been downhill from there. But Trumpsters seem to over look lies of Don. "You can't take him literally." "He doesn't mean that." "Yes, it is different than what he said yesterday, but..."

So, yeah. I question everything that mother****er says.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, it wouldn't have been necessary if the president attempted to tell the truth on occasion. He started out claiming the crowds at his inauguration were a million and a half people all the way back to the Washington Monument.

It's been downhill from there. But Trumpsters seem to over look lies of Don. "You can't take him literally." "He doesn't mean that." "Yes, it is different than what he said yesterday, but..."

Oh for crap sake my friend. To even consider believing anything that any of those drip checks say is a serious stretch. Any of them. On any topic. At any given day/time. "O" was the worst. The absolute worst yet in what he said you could weed out that he was a POS under all the fluff.
    Either Bush.......:wow: I am amazed at those 2. Slick butt boy billy and the "Bill-ette were serious cross talking Lying sob's.

So seriously brother..........:dunno:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville

At least we don't/ won't need to question where the Harris/ Biden team stands on anything will we? Guns? Yep, ban them. Lock downs? Yep, everything's on the table. Taxes? Yep, going to raise them. More SJW bull****? You betcha! To use your terms, we won't need to question anything these progressive mother****ers will shove down our throats if they get in power will we?:xmad:

Bob

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    If Rainwater wins we get freedom and personal responsibility.

No, we don't. I assure you those options are not anywhere on the ballot, regardless who wins. I am voting Rainwater, but don't drink the Kool Aid.

If any executive, Governor or President, actually returned freedom and personal responsibility to governance, he or she would be impeached in 6 months. Because the people do not want it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Not about what he says but about what he does. Admittedly we rolled the dice when electing him, but we knew what Hillary was so Trump was THE alternative if you didn't want that. We won that pass by rolling a 7

Now we know what we've got and the rest just doesn't bother us enough to need a fainting couch. It's always amazing that your team can't recognize 'He's literally Hitler', 'He's a tyrant', 'He will destroy democracy', 'He's only in it for himself' etc etc for the lies that they manifestly are

We only see a noisy preference for the 'truth' in little things, fact checkers of little lies but never the big lies told by your keepers (See; Mostly peaceful riots, positive ID to vote disenfranchises people, mass demonstrations don't spread covid but large rallies do etc)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Oh for crap sake my friend. To even consider believing anything that any of those drip checks say is a serious stretch. Any of them. On any topic. At any given day/time. "O" was the worst. The absolute worst yet in what he said you could weed out that he was a POS under all the fluff.
    Either Bush.......:wow: I am amazed at those 2. Slick butt boy billy and the "Bill-ette were serious cross talking Lying sob's.

So seriously brother..........:dunno:

The question was why I question everything Trump says. It wasn't whether I questioned Obama. Of course I did! "Trust, but verify" was one of the more cogent phrases out of Ronald Reagan. And he was absolutely correct. The only guy I tended to trust out of all the presidents in the last 50 years was Bush 41...and even he did some stuff that we found out about much later. But still, Bush 41 is probably the role model for what I believe a president ought to be in this century.

So. I answered the snarky comment Bug made. I didn't opine upon the integrity of all presidents.

Top Bottom