• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It has nothing to with any prohibited topic. Sure the "lifestyle" began in poor African-American communities, but a trip to any lilly white high school in the state of Indiana will show that it has crossed all racial lines.:rolleyes:

A new sub-culture. I see it. My kids grew up in the middle of it and they survived. Many of those they knew did not. Thinking back to my childhood so many in my area did not make it either. Had something to do with home life, role models, life style choices, work ethic etc.
    Same crap we see today only at a higher rate.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    For those special times when the injections fail....
    They can volunteer, or we can do it for them.

[video=youtube;mn91QAL4veY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn91QAL4veY[/video]

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    SA at all times. I am sure the victim recognized the Fed-X guy and let down his guard. Trust has to be earned these days.

Allegedly the Fed Ex Guy (Dejuan Worthen) is the guy that shot Maxie in the face. Story said the cops are looking for a .22 LR pistol that was used as the murder weapon. Sounds like some got recognized like you say. Same story said Maxie was armed but his gun was still holstered.

I hope they get enough evidence together to send these three to death row.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Route drivers including UPS do know a lot about you, if they choose to. They know not only what companies you buy from but what hours you are likely to be home (or not).

I do suspect a violent theft like this is highly unusual for a well-employed FedEx or UPS driver. They work hard, make good money, and the positions are competitive. Normally someone capable of handling that isn't the type to commit a senseless murder. I wonder if this loser was someone who just had a box-throwing shift and happened to get called in to help when he discovered a minimally-staffed gun store.
    Are you suggesting that "box throwers" are more likely than drivers to be murderers?:dunno:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Wow, I was just looking at on of the theif's Facebook page and saw this comment, "Sad it say but sometimes u gotta do wat u gotta do come on now they were robbing a "gun store" kill or b killed least this time it was a white man and not a black on black" I don't want to bring up race at all, but this kind of mentality scares me.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...16850602189.2048123.1258461898&type=1&theater

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    it's sad he did not have the time to defend his self, any other comments I will keep to myself, but these clowns should be kept under the jail

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Are you suggesting that "box throwers" are more likely than drivers to be murderers?:dunno:

My point is that it doesn't take any qualifications or experience to be hired on for a lower-level job, and they are more easily replaced. Someone who has worked their way into a full-time driver position (although now it doesn't look like this guy was) has shown a history of responsibility. That ISNT typically the type of person who would risk murder charges for theft.

This certainly shows there are exceptions, and it makes a person think about how much your courier drivers know about you (what you buy, when you are home, what kind of dogs you have etc)

Also note the possible ID method of the suspects: the Louisville story says that a witness noticed the same car there both Saturday and Sunday. That is one benefit of living in a small town or rural area. An unfamiliar vehicle is noticed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My point is that it doesn't take any qualifications or experience to be hired on for a lower-level job, and they are more easily replaced. Someone who has worked their way into a full-time driver position (although now it doesn't look like this guy was) has shown a history of responsibility. That ISNT typically the type of person who would risk murder charges for theft.

This certainly shows there are exceptions, and it makes a person think about how much your courier drivers know about you (what you buy, when you are home, what kind of dogs you have etc)

Also note the possible ID method of the suspects: the Louisville story says that a witness noticed the same car there both Saturday and Sunday. That is one benefit of living in a small town or rural area. An unfamiliar vehicle is noticed.

WE are lucky in the fact we are surrounded with good neighbors. They know who comes and goes. They are aware. They have our phone numbers. Any strange activity is reported.

Know your mail carrier. He is a good set of eyes. Ours is stellar. The UPS guy knows me and we speak when he has a moment. He knows what gets dropped here. Brownelles/MidWay USA/Optics Planet all over the packages is a good clue.
    They know whats up. I am here most times when packages are dropped. Some folks have to work and are not at home. In this new world we are seeing develop right in front of our eyes it is hard to know who is really the bad guy. That man had a shop that was open to the public. Fed-X and UPS most likely in with him all the time. Pics of the idiots that pulled this do not throw up any flags. They are not wearing the uniform. The man was just doing business as usual and they took advantage of him. They took everything from him. They went there to rob and kill him as he knew the delivery guy. They had to know it was going to be that way. Pre-meditated robbery/murder......."NEEDLE TIME" for all of them. No short sentence/early release for these pricks. End them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow, I was just looking at on of the theif's Facebook page and saw this comment, "Sad it say but sometimes u gotta do wat u gotta do come on now they were robbing a "gun store" kill or b killed least this time it was a white man and not a black on black" I don't want to bring up race at all, but this kind of mentality scares me.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...16850602189.2048123.1258461898&type=1&theater

It is unfortunate but it is about race for far too many. Nuff said.
    Post has been edited to run in the time slot allowed and for religious/racial commentary..............

Top Bottom